SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   Good FSBO Websites? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/50711-good-fsbo-websites.html)

blowinstink 01-21-2009 07:10 PM

Good FSBO Websites?

Hi All -
I am in the midst of a renewed search for my first cruiser and have been tracking the major websites which were useful to me in the past (yachtworld, sailing texas, boats.com, boattrader).

Are there any other sites that you strongly suggest -- particularly sites that are good sources of "by owner" listings?

Thanks!

xort 01-21-2009 07:28 PM

Try these:

Used Boats - Boat Classifieds from American Boat listings - Buy a Boat - Sell a Boat - Sea Ray, Boston Whaler, Bayliner, Grady White, Wellcraft and More

Sailboat Listings - sailboats for sale

Used Boats for Sale - A Boat Trader Directory of Yachts and Boats - Usedboats.com

Used Boats Online.

NOLAsailing 01-21-2009 08:12 PM

boatsville.com isn't bad.

If you're looking for certain boats, look for class or owners group sites also. Most have a classifieds section.

xort 01-21-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NOLAsailing (Post 435782)
If you're looking for certain boats, look for class or owners group sites also. Most have a classifieds section.

I'll second that one...that's where I found my boat.

modul8 01-21-2009 09:09 PM

craigslist

sailingdog 01-21-2009 09:58 PM

Also, most areas of the country have a "want ad" type magazine that comes out weekly or so... and most will have boat listings in them. Some areas may even have a Boat Trader type magazine which is a want ad magazine fo just boat related ads.

blowinstink 01-21-2009 10:02 PM

Thanks

Thanks Guys. I think I hit most of these sites in my searches and will try the others -- I just wanted to make sure . . .!

Following on SD's comment, I will be travelling to Jacksonville FL to inspect a few boats in the next week or so, I'll check the local press, but if anyone knows a local source down that way, I'd appreciate the heads-up.

Thanks again!

jjns 01-21-2009 10:42 PM

blowin

Internet is great for research but don't underestimate the power of your feet.
So far we are 2 for 2. Each time we did the net search thing and had lists.... at the end of both days we stumbled upon each of our boats by walking the docks and yards.
Neither boat had even made it onto the brokers web sites yet. In both cases we just managed to be in the right place at the right time.

Johnrb 01-21-2009 11:24 PM

Blowin:

Check the websites of local yacht clubs as they frequently have "buy and sell" sections - and some allow ads from non-members.

davidpm 01-21-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjns (Post 435875)
blowin

Internet is great for research but don't underestimate the power of your feet.
So far we are 2 for 2. Each time we did the net search thing and had lists.... at the end of both days we stumbled upon each of our boats by walking the docks and yards.
Neither boat had even made it onto the brokers web sites yet. In both cases we just managed to be in the right place at the right time.

I'm interested in those stories. Was their a for sale sign? Someone just said sure my boat is for sale? Sounds like an interresting story.