SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking for Hunter 29.5

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  wmiii 
#1 ·
I have a friend that is looking for a Hunter 29.5. It could be anywhere on the East coast. We have seen the listings on Yacht World, but are hoping to find on that is For Sale by Owner and for upper $20's to lower $30's, depending on condition, hours, electronics etc.
Any ideas would be welcome.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30

#5 ·
I have a friend that is looking for a Hunter 29.5. It could be anywhere on the East coast. We have seen the listings on Yacht World, but are hoping to find on that is For Sale by Owner and for upper $20's to lower $30's, depending on condition, hours, electronics etc.
Any ideas would be welcome.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30
I can't help with any knowledge of a FSBO boat, but I would recommend your friend at least talk with Norton's Yacht Sales in Deltaville. I have no affiliation with them other than having met the owners through their work on the Leukemia Cup charity. My recommendation is based on conversations with satisfied Hunter owners at my marina, many of whom have bought 2 or more boats from Norton's.

The boats I've bought, I'd just as soon never see the broker again, so the fact that people go back, says a lot to me. Norton's is among the largest Hunter dealers on the Chesapeake and my marina is full of Hunters they've sold and I've not heard a single bad word about Norton's, though I'm sure there are probably exceptions.

I regret not elisting them in my search even though a Hunter was not on my radar screen.

Good luck to your friend in finding the boat that fits him.

Bill Boggs
s/v Palmetto Moon
C36 1128

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.