I love the idea of a kayak! However, wrestling my bumbling, uncoordinated 70 lbs. golden retriever mutt (see my avatar!) into one seems like a recipe for wet. Also, as I used to instruct/guide kayaking, I'm a bit of a kayak snob, and would likely be appalled at the way those paddle
As the boat is of such low value already, I'm disinclined to dump an equal amount into a new (or even used) dinghy. Especially as the lovely Galleon is mine already. Also, as we're so limited on space down below it makes stowing an inflatable down there rather unappealing.
I'm still not that psyched about Reed Point, but worry that holding out on a "maybe" at Burrard might turn out to be a no, and likely the one remaining slip at Reed would be gone, and then we're stuck with a boat, and nowhere to keep her. Summer nights on the Arm is better than watching from the shore, right? Plus it's only six months, and we'll be talking to marina's over in Victoria soon to figure out moorage for the fall. I'm one of the lucky few that will now have 3 boats I sail on regularly (two out of false creek - a CS 27 for racing, and the family 42' for longer cruising) 4 if you count the Galleon
How long will the results from a survey take to come through? We haul at 10.30 on Saturday, and the surveyor will be there with us around 9. Assuming all is well, we were hoping to close on her this weekend. Is this completely unrealistic?
If we decide this is our girl, we'll spend the rest of the weekend in harbour at RVicYC doing some of the essential projects (*cough* new battery *cough*) as we don't think we'll have time to run up to Montague Saturday afternoon. The prospect of anchoring an unfamiliar boat in the dark seems... well ridiculously reckless. So she'll stay in Victoria until the next weekend, leaving the full two days to sail her home.