Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009

BigMoe is on a distinguished road
Smile I have purchased a 2009 49 Beneteau

Hello Fellow Sailors:

I think I have finally settled into this 49 Beneteau. I just traded my 2008 46 Beneteau and bought this 49. I never gave much thought to my little children squawking about sleeping together in the rear cabin of my two cabin 46. I figured as along as I was going to get a three cabin to split them up I might as well go for my eyeballs and get the 49. I haven't sailed her yet as she is still up on the hard in Winters Sailnings yard. I did get all electric winches so I can single handle her a little easier. I'm getting lazy in my old age.
In passing I would like to heap a little praise on my dealer, Winters, in Riverside, NJ. They gave me a great deal on my trade and a fair price on the new boat. I have kept my last two boats in Annapolis and they are "Johnny on the spot" with their service. Very responsive!!!!

I hope this boat sails as good as she looks to me!

Big Moe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-25-2009

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Congratulations, and thanks for helping keep the boat building economy moving.

I am facing similar "three cabin" issues, but will need a different solution.

Let's see some pictures!

(You'll need at least 10 posts to do that. You can do that in the song chain)

Again, best wishes and congratulations!

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 02-25-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!! That sounds awesome!

Ahh, the three cabin issue. Folks without kids never seem to understand this one. I can't tell you how many builders I've spoken with about needing to offer more 3-cabin options. Most of them, either childless or empty nesters that never sailed with their kids, just don't get it.

We shouldn't have to go into the high 40's for 3 decent sleeping cabins. That's why the Catalina 42 is pretty high on our "next boat" list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 02-25-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Congratulations!!

You'll want to PM "DanielGolberg". He has the same boat IIRC.

Any chance of joining us for the Block Island to Nantucket sail on June 11th? That will make 3 of us Big Benes on the trip. The trip goes from Block, to Cuttyhunk, then Edgartown and finishes in Nantucket. We'll be sailing back after a few days in Nantucket.

Regards
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.
The best minds discuss sailing. I don't know why. It's a mystery!
Old 02-25-2009

fsp421 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up congrats Big Moe

I want to wish you and your family well with the new boat.

I am glad to hear that you are happy with the dealer, we are in the market and were planning a trip to them.
Old 02-25-2009

WinterRiver is on a distinguished road
Congratulations! Looking forward to the pictures.

The 3 cabin issue was a problem for us, too. So many nice boats are designed for one or two couples. Funny, my two daughters did not want to have to sleep together. A v-berth would have to be huge to split for two adult-sized kids. It also wasn't going to work well long term to have one of them in the main salon, stowing bedding every day. We settled on a Hylas 47. One of the kid cabins has bunks (the lower one pulls out to a double -- cool), so we can have them share when we have guests.

Bought the boat a year ago, and I'm still getting occasional emails about 2 cabin boats from slightly clueless dealers. Yeah, I've told them that I bought something.

Once again, thanks, Cam, for putting the boat on the top of my list.
Old 02-25-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on your boat!!! Post some pics!!!

Brian

PS Dan Goldberg (who has a tub like yours) has been trying to do an even trade with me for my Catalina 400. I am not sure if it was the grill he wanted, the prestidge of owning a Catalina, or the rocket speed that would make a Swan cry... but I am telling you both that you cannot have it. Stick with your 49's!! You gotta start somewhere!

HEHE! (this post was more to harrass Dan than you!).

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 02-25-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
You WISH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
....Dan Goldberg (who has a tub like yours) has been trying to do an even trade with me for my Catalina 400. I am not sure if it was the grill he wanted, the prestidge of owning a Catalina, or the rocket speed that would make a Swan cry... but I am telling you both that you cannot have it. Stick with your 49's!! You gotta start somewhere!...

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-03-2009

NickPapagiorgio is on a distinguished road
Congrats!!

And let me know if those electric winches don't work out for you and you need someone to go sailing with
Old 03-03-2009

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoe View Post
Hello Fellow Sailors:

I never gave much thought to my little children squawking about sleeping together in the rear cabin of my two cabin 46. I figured as along as I was going to get a three cabin to split them up I might as well go for my eyeballs and get the 49.
Thats it!!!!! My kids will never go to a boat show or allowed on any other boat than ours. One can't squawk if they don't know what to squawk about

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.