SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1979 C&c 30

17K views 42 replies 10 participants last post by  chef2sail 
#1 ·
I'm trying to whittle down my short list of the boats I've found so far and I need a little help with specs on a 1979 C&C 30.

This particular C&C 30 is going for a decent price (12k asking), but I have concerns about the deck. During my initial inspection I noted that every single stanchion is showing hairline gelcoat cracking around the bases. But they all seem to be solid, (no noticeable wiggle).

Does anyone know if the 1979 C&C 30 has a solid deck or a cored deck?

I'm assuming if it's a solid deck that backing plates, rebedding, and some gelcoat work will correct the problem and this isn't a serious structural issue.

But if it's a cored deck and water has invaded those cracks, this boat could require some major $$$'s and deck repairs to correct the problem.

#42 ·
Congrats.

#43 ·
Actually we have passed by you a few times last summer when we were down in Annapolis, and also on a trip to the Rhode Rive. Glad you are enjoying your C&C. I am biased but those of the 70/ 80s era were generally great boats.

Come join us when we get together on our Sailnet raft ups or picture shoots. The more the merrier, If you are ever north come look us up at the MYC on Rock Creek.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.