Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 10
New Boat Teething?
Our current boat is our first new boat, as opposed to used, so we're dealing with teething issues now for the first time (rather than cleaning up the mess created by the PO). So, what are the teething issues all you "new" boat owners have had to deal with? Here's a non-exhaustive list for us:
1. A few light bulbs out for courtesy lights and one overhead.
2. Voltmeter panel defective and sounds alarm even though voltage not too high.
3. One floorboard does not fit particularly well.
4. Some dings and scratches on interior woodwork in spots.
5. Ate our shaft zinc at a rate I consider too high at the end of the year last year, so investigating whether we have a "leak" or bad ground somewhere.
6. Fluxgate compass not calibrated properly.
7. Bimini and dodger needed some adjustments.
8. Holding tank leak (that was fun!).
9. Aft head door latch mechanism sticks.
10. Condensation pump for one of the AC units did not function.
11. A deck leak.
12. Chain speced for the windlass was HT, but the boat delivered with BBB.
13. Small check in the teak decking at the bridge deck.
14. Missing velcro strips for certain interior cushions (to secure them in place)
There are a handfull of other things that I just can't think of at the moment (I don't have the "List" with me), but the missing ones are of a comparable character, which is to say, not too serious. The only issue that gives me a little pause, but my dealer is on it, is the zinc issue. If I've got a leak somewhere, that could be a pain to find.
All in all, I am very pleased. Frankly, I expected worse. And I have to say, our dealer has been absolutely fantastic. I couldn't speak more highly of him.
I really hope I'm not jinxing myself here, as we still have the better part of this upcoming season under warranty, and I fully expect a few more surprises. I just hope they are nothing too inconvenient or serious.
So, how about you?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.