SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

sabre 32

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I am a proud owner of a 1974 sabre 28 that I sail on the Hudson River north of the Tappen Zee, I am looking at moving up to a Sabre 32 with a centerboard and am interested if any members have had experience or knowledge of this boat. Anything over of a 5 foot draft creates problems getting in and out of my marina.Thanks, Rick Fagan

#2 ·
Rick,

Since the usual suspects have been silent on your request, I suggest posting this same question on the Sabre email list here on Sailnet. There are several Sabre 32 owners on there who no doubt would love to tell you about the boat.

#4 ·
Denr,

Nope, I assure you there''s no hidden agenda in my comment. I WAS trying for a touch of humor there, but it probably was lost in the translation. And I WAS trying to be helpful since I do lurk on the Sabre email list (I much admire Sabres and those who own them) and I do know that several 32 owners frequent that list.

Otherwise, I have but one week before hauling so I''m into my mourning period. But thanks for reminding me that I am low on Sailkote and need to restock. Wish I had some of those neat Team McLube stickers for my boat. :)

#5 ·
The Sabre 32''s are really good boats what else can I say? They even have a built in tool drawer to fix things when they break. If I''m not mistaken, Sabre only built this model for 2-3 years so finding a 32 may be more difficult than finding a 30 or 34.

Regarding the stickers, I would gladly send the two Team McLube stickers someone sent me (back) to you however, they have found a place in my domain. One on the front of my mobile home above the propane bottles and the other on my orange "Colortile" bucket I keep in the boat. The black looks really looks cool against the orange back ground of the bucket.

Sorry to hear of your pending (but not permanent) separation with Mistral of the Dawn, as Bill Clinton would say, "I feel your pain".

#6 ·
I bought a Sabre 32 with keel/cb last spring, so my experience with it is still quite limited. It has the same draft (3''8") as my prior 26'' Pearson Commander. I''m told that on the Chesapeake, most folks rarely even bother to use the cb, although it makes an excellenet early warning device for grounding. The 32 is only about 18" shorter than the 34 and, in looking at diagrams of the two, I''m not sure where that space goes. The cockpits are the same size. I believe that Sabre built about 80 32''s, so 34''s are clearly in greater supply and often can be bought for less because many of them are older than the 32s. I looked at a few 30s and 34s before buying my 32 and the 32 is, to me, much more like the 34 than the 30. Do check the Sabre email list; you''ll learn more about Sabres than you could conceivably want to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.