SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New boat advice

920 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  rlongfield 
#1 ·
A few years back I was given a broken down Albacore which I restored and returned to sailing glory last year. It had been years since I had been on the water and it was great to get out sailing again. While I love the Albacore I am looking to get a bigger boat, one that I can take my family out on. I think I have 'one or two foot-itiss', you know, that disease that boat people get where they always want a bigger boat ;)
Anyways I'm looking for something that would be good for weekending for a family (2 adults, 2 kids under 3).
Are there any boats that hold up particularly well? Are there some that despite how well maintained they just seem to fall apart?
Also is there any good resources for finding boats that might need some light repair to get back on the water?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.