Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2009

rajagiri is on a distinguished road
hi

I agree with everyone else you are better off looking for a better boat in Florida

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-05-2009

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
I think my Contest 29 could do what you are looking to do. The beam is 8'3" and the mast is set on a tabernacle which makes it easy to step. The Contest 29 is also a great Seaboat, built for North Sea sailing in Holland and has a beautiful and very liveable interior. (I lived on mine for 3 years with my dog and loved it.)
Old 06-05-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
The Corsair 37 is trailerable, and a lot bigger than the Hobie 33...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsCAL View Post
Largest trailerable sailboat I know of is the Hobie 33. It's a racer that was designed to be trailered to races at locations far from home waters. Only 8 foot beam and a retractable keel.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-05-2009

idontwantanaccount is on a distinguished road
did that

We trailered a Cape Dory 25D from Wisconsin to Key Largo. Many 25D's came with a very nice Triad trailer. The total wgt of boat and trailer was about 7,000 lbs and the beam is 8'0" so it was not that big deal of to trailer it with a decent pickup. We usually launched ourselves (used a trailer tongue extension) but used a travellift to put the boat back on the trailer to make sure it was on the trailer pads perfectly. Took 2 months off of work and cruised the Bahamas down into the Exumas. I can highly recommend doing it--it was a blast. FWIW also met a couple who trailered their C&C 30 (not the mega) from the Maryland to FLA, but they had to get permits for overwidth, etc.
Old 06-09-2009

BlandingFarm is on a distinguished road
Seaward Yachts

Hake Yachts, builders of the Seaward 26RK and 32RK are perfect for the bahamas, both trailerable and are built in Stuart, FL
Old 08-04-2009

Yacht1313 is on a distinguished road
Largest trailerable sailboat

I don't know about the largest, but my C&C Mega 30 is a breeze launching off a trailer from a municiple boat ramp. At 8' beam and 2' draft for launching and the rig goes up in minutes. You can take this boat any where; and kick some serious ass on the race course. If your serious about sailing give this boat a trial run pure adrenaline rush. She is for sale if you are interested.
Old 11-01-2009

pr0ject2501 is on a distinguished road
Flying Tiger 10M
Old 11-02-2009
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
I have a Catalina 27 and have considered getting a trailer and a BIG A$$ truck to haul it (8'10" beam and 6500#s). It would be expensive to say the least, but the warm climate and island life beckons one day maybe.
Old 11-02-2009

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Yup, I think Ian Farrier has a lot of the right answers for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
The Corsair 37 is trailerable, and a lot bigger than the Hobie 33...
Anything from the F-27 to F-31 is going to be trailerable, strong, fast, and shoal-draft. There have been some long 0ff-shore legs done by these boats. Not cheap, but great resale value.

And of course the Telstar 28!

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

Old 11-02-2009
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
I'll second (third? fourth?) the idea of buying a boat in Florida and sailing from there. Add I believe sailboats are very inexpensive right now.

Regards,
Brad
. .
. .