SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   opinion on Bayfield36 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/56569-opinion-bayfield36.html)

widget55 07-27-2009 01:11 PM

opinion on Bayfield36

this there anyone out there that would like to compete on the bayfield 36..pros or cons thanks janis

jskrypek 07-27-2009 05:01 PM

There is an active Bayfield Group on Yahoo. bayfieldyachts : Bayfield Yacht Owner Resources

If you had any questions, I'm sure they could answer them.

johnshasteen 07-27-2009 06:21 PM

All the Bayfields are great boats - solid and seaworthy. When we sold our 29, many years ago, the new owner took off on a circumnavigation. If you like the looks of the 36, look at the 29 - same shippy look, smaller, but has the head foreward - no V-berth, so the interior looks entirely different and has as much room in the main salon as the 36 - and for a lot less money.

widget55 07-27-2009 07:40 PM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnshasteen (Post 509006)
All the Bayfields are great boats - solid and seaworthy. When we sold our 29, many years ago, the new owner took off on a circumnavigation. If you like the looks of the 36, look at the 29 - same shippy look, smaller, but has the head foreward - no V-berth, so the interior looks entirely different and has as much room in the main salon as the 36 - and for a lot less money.

jskrypek 07-27-2009 08:50 PM

I love my 29. The only negatives I can think of are a smallish cockpit (same as the 25) and it's not a great light wind boat.

jrd22 07-27-2009 10:56 PM

My son had a 36 and I worked on it for 10 days and sailed it for about a week offshore. After crawling all over it and getting to know it I was very impressed. Well built, well thought out and things are accessible for maintenance (chainplates, deck hardware, etc.). I expected it to be sluggish especially in light winds, but was pleasantly surprised with the performance. Tracks straight downwind in 6' seas under windvane. Lot's of room inside for a 36'. A little light on fuel capacity but that's about the only negative I can think of. Great boats, I would buy one.

widget55 07-28-2009 10:34 AM

How is the storage inside for sails, etc..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrd22 (Post 509110)
My son had a 36 and I worked on it for 10 days and sailed it for about a week offshore. After crawling all over it and getting to know it I was very impressed. Well built, well thought out and things are accessible for maintenance (chainplates, deck hardware, etc.). I expected it to be sluggish especially in light winds, but was pleasantly surprised with the performance. Tracks straight downwind in 6' seas under windvane. Lot's of room inside for a 36'. A little light on fuel capacity but that's about the only negative I can think of. Great boats, I would buy one.

johnshasteen 07-28-2009 10:56 AM

I think I forgot to also say, they are beautiful boats!!