SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Boat Review and Purchase Forum (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/)
-   -   anyone know about Sagitta? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/56802-anyone-know-about-sagitta.html)

YARDPRO 08-04-2009 02:20 PM

anyone know about Sagitta?

I have just bought a 1966 Sagitta 30.
there were only 300 or so made by the royal systems shipyard of denmark.
They are Loyds of London certified boats.....

I am trying to get some history on my new purchase.

knuterikt 08-04-2009 05:37 PM

Have you seen this? Søren og Christina

YARDPRO 08-05-2009 08:38 AM

wow, thanks....
that is my boat...LOL..

i have done a ton of internet searches and not found that page. Thanks.

So i guess from what i am reading it is a decent vessel.

knuterikt 08-05-2009 05:34 PM

Hi i noticed that ther is more about the boat i you go to the home page Søren og Christina. Some of the information is in Danish so it might be difficult for you to read :).

If you find something there that looks interesting I can help translate.

YARDPRO 08-05-2009 11:12 PM

lol, thanks.
i thought it all was pretty interesting.
Thanks for the offer on translating.

Yellowchair 09-09-2009 05:15 PM

Also looking at a Sagitta 30

Hi,

I am looking at a Sagitta '30 from 1965. Any info about yours and and any advice would be greatly appreciated. For example, how much did you pay for her, and what kind of shape is she in? The one I'm looking at is posted at $11,950.

Thanks,

Lars

Tree_hugger 01-08-2010 06:40 PM

Yardpro: Congrats! I have a Sagitta-30, hull number 33. She has been mine for 5 or 6 years. Home port Sitka, Alaska.

Yellowchair: It that the yellow hull one in California? I visited her a couple years back, talked with the owner. She used to have a black hull when Bill had her.

In general... well built, solid old-school fiberglass. Basic European sensible design. She is much better a sailboat than I am a sailor, very forgiving. I have been living aboard for several years. Summers roaming SE AK fjords.

Checkout the "yachtdatabase" website, select "owners contacts", go to "S" and you will find eight Sagitta-30 owner contacts.

Tom

Yellowchair 01-13-2010 03:43 PM

yes

I was looking at the one in San Fransisco Bay with a yellow hull. It's still for sale at what appears to be a very good price. I would probably buy it now if I hadn't already found my boat (a Tyler Twister).

surfer1 05-19-2010 10:20 PM

sagitta 30

I just purchased hull #3 sagitta 30; I think there were only about 40 built in
the sixties and maybe a few more built later in the seventies. more of a custom production, they have a cult following around the North Sea.
I am a seasoned sailboat owner and this boat is incredible loves a fresh
breeze and a choppy sea-a dry ride
surfer1

YARDPRO 05-19-2010 10:29 PM

We have hull # 26

we have had ours almost a year now and have gotten to know her pretty well.

i sailed when i was a kid, but then motorboated for 30 years... now have fallen back into sailing so i have nothing to compare the sagitta to.

We have had it out in 20 knott winds in the ocean with 6 foot seas and it handled it flawlessly, no pounding, or getting wet....

we really have grown to love ours....

i would like to know how it compares to others of it's size.