SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Question for Jeff

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Jeff- Your recent advice toward a suitable 34'' for Chesapeake Bay and beyond prompts my question. My sailing criteria and price range is about the same. What do you think about the Aloha 34? Thank you- Bruce

#2 ·
I am not all that familiar with the Aloha''s so I am hesitant to talk about thier build quality. Ted Brewer is a good designer of cruising boats with reasonably good performance. Although I must admit that the Aloha 34 has never struck me as my idea of a Chesapeake Bay boat with its weight and visual proportions (does not look like an ideal light air or chop boat which would sure help on the Chesapeake) seeming more suitable for the beyond part, I really can''t say that with a lot of conviction.
Perhaps there are others who are more familiar with these boats.

Respectfully,
Jeff

#3 ·
There is an Aloha group on the e-mail list at Sailnet which may be of some use.

With respect to quality, although slightly off topic, you may want check the website: www.wright-photo.com. The owners have sailed their Aloha 32 from Toronto to Newfoundland and Labrador and, in a subsequent voyage, to Greenland and Labrador. The photographs alone are worth checking out.

#5 ·
Jeff, if you''re still there, I just looked a little farther down the postings and saw your recommendations of two boats that have been standing out for me: Tartan and Morgan 34''s. How about the c-board Morgan 38? And in a different vein, Cheoy Lee Offshore 31-33, or Mariner 31-32?
I am moving to the North Carolina in approx 18 months.
Thanks again Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.