SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

1973 Columbia 30

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  imagine2frolic 
#1 ·
I'm interested in a 1973 columbia 30' sailboat, and was wondering if anyone out there has any experiance with them or can give me any advice.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Sailed on one that had, at some point, been to Mexico and back to the PNW. Found it to be a solid feeling boat, no rocketship but seemed comfortable in a reasonable breeze.

Good headroom and reasonable accommodation though as I recall the galley was a bit minimal (at least on that one) They probably go for a relatively low price for that size of boat.

And, of course, Survey, survey, survey......

#3 ·
Sailed on one for 17 years as owner. Single-handed her from S.F. Ca to Cabo, and over to P.V. Mexico with a friend, and back to Cabo. I just about wore out S.F. Bay herself with all the miles I sailed her there.

I lived on the boat alone for nearly a decade. Was roomy for 2 when love was in the air. Not roomy enough when argueing though. She was a shoal draft, and sailed straight as an arrow down the face of 20ft. waves rounding Point Conception with the tiller pilot on.

She did crack the liner on the floor while dropping off the face of some 15ft. steep waves for 18 hours. Some plywood, epoxy, and paint did her right though. Strong, and capable is how I would describe her......i2f

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.