Jeanneau SO 36i or 37 vs. Hunter 36 - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 Old 09-10-2009 Thread Starter

Thanks, CG. MSC is getting a new 36i in this week, and I'll have a look at it. She's going right into the boat show, so I doubt I'll get a chance to sail her for a bit.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 09-10-2009

Boat Show

There is a boat show in the Seattle area on Lake Union I would suggest attending if you're in the area. It's next weekend, Sep 16th-20th. It's the boats afloat show, and they will have both boats there I'm sure.
post #13 of 15 Old 09-10-2009
Yamsailor

I would go to the Annapolis Sail Boat Show in October. It is the best show in the USA.
post #14 of 15 Old 09-13-2009

it really depends on what are you going to do with the boat - short day sails nothing to stress the boat not big seas - then either works
but if you want a solid boat that will stand up go for the jeanneau -
we are full time cruisers on a jeanneau ds40 - on our way back from maine to fla - the bigger the seas the better the boat preformed - she is solid in every way - we bought her new in 2003 and have had few problems (not counting a couple of lightening strikes) with her or how she is put together - she likes bigger wind and we really start reefing at 18-20k not that she can't handle the winds but see little reason to gain a few tenths of a knot and be uncomfortable -
as full time cruisers we appreciate the solid feeling of a solid boat and the great well thought out layout
while i love melrna (melissa) (we know each other as we helped her get my slip in miami when i left) i think the hunters are over rated and not even close to the quality of a jeanneau - sorry mel -
we are headed to the bahamas this year and mexico and south or off shore to the virgin islands next year and know that we don't have to worry that we don't have a boat that can take it - in fact she seems to be more at home with ocean conditions than say the cheaspeake bay
just my opinion
chuck patty and svsoulmates
on the hook cape may nj
post #15 of 15 Old 09-24-2009 Thread Starter

We're closing on the Hunter 36 today. Thanks, everyone, for your comments and assistance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.