SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hunter 28 Is this a good deal?

9K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  madeirabch 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Have you sailed on a Hunter 28? Plenty of room down below for that size boat. If you like the way it sails then...

...$8K with the dinghy and outboard? Doesn't look like a bad deal. Survey, Survey, Survey would be my first three suggestions. Looks like there was some repair work around the chainplates.

I'm not expert and the only reason I reply is because I chartered what I believe to be a similar boat (Hunter 295) and thought it was a great party boat because of all the room below and the big walk out cockpit. However I did not like the way it sailed. Don't get me wrong, it sailed OK, but I would have had more fun sailing another boat.

#7 ·
Hank

they are decent boats, sail on it, spend some time below just poking around and see what YOU think. Pascoe is only one opinion, and believe me Hunter has sold tons of boats. With experience, some TLC and a few upgrades this boat would make an excellent coast hugger. They are comfortable and easy to maintain. She looks to be in good shape, and well kept.

dave

#13 ·
I suggest you go to the Hunter owners web site and look at the reviews posed there or simply ask there for opinions from people who actually have owned this model.
There is nothing inherently bad about Hunters or this specific model. The internet and this particular forum are great places to get opinions from people who want to sound authoritative.

#14 ·
Hunter 28 blisters

I have been looking at Hunter 28 and have had problems with the bottoms on these boats. The two that I looked at were 1991 and both had 1000's of blisters! Most were dime to quarter size but some were dollar to softball size. the owners patched the larger ones. These boats needed to have the bottoms peeled, dried and resealed which cost !000's of dollars which the ownders were unwilling to reduce the price for. Make sure to get a good survey before purchase of any boat!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.