SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Morgan 33 opinion wanted

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Anyone have an opinion on the Morgan 33(CCA) for coastal and Bahamas cruising? The draft is 5'', no centerboard.

#2 ·
I own a Morgan 33 CCA (Hull#56) and sail on the west coast of FL (Sarasota). The draft is a little much, but certainly can be dealt with. It just limits your destinations/anchorages a bit. There are people that do what you''re talking about with more than 5'' too. If you ask me, 5'' is tops for around here, though.

Unfortunately, mine is up for sale, even after all the work I''ve done on her, because I don''t view it as what I would want as a "cruiser " per se. Just space / accomodation-wise mainly. engine access is very limited, as is storage. And the draft, well, I have to admit, I''m planning on the bahamas, and I wouldn''t mind a little less. It may mean sacrificing performance, depending on what I end up with, but to me it''s worth it.

Either way, if it''s what you''ve got, and all you''ve got, there''s always a way to make it work! Hope you like your boat, I love the way these older Morgans perform. A real joy out in a good breeze.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.