Join Date: Jan 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
This is a great boat. Not to be too long-winded.
2. Get an autopilot
3. If sails are blown out (old) then get a new main, at least.
4. They tend to have a pretty strong weather helm. If so, check mast rake that it is fwd enuff, get a new main, reef early or just use genoa (jib), get an ida sail rudder.
5. Small boats get cluttered quick so keep stuff out of it.
6. Tiller tamer and/or autopilot really lets you enjoy your boat
7. Totally shoal draft. Take advantage of it to get close to shore, etc.
8. Solar power on back to keep house battery charged.
9. I am in intercoastal waterway in ne florida. Gets kind of rough but not open sea rough. Boat handles very well. Doesnt bob much. No seasickness.
10. I like the little bowsprit that the /3 and /4 have. It gives you more sail area fwd of the mast to lessen weather helm.
Thats all there is to it.
Last edited by samule; 11-23-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Reason: missed a few things