SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Mobile, AL Surveyor

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Raven1996 
#1 ·
Looking for a recommendation for a surveyor in Mobile, AL I've talked to a couple of them but would rather have a recommendation from someone that has used someone in the area. I've been leaning towards a fellow named Lee Creekmore. Has anyone used or heard of him? Any info. would help.

Mike

#2 ·
Call and use Bobby Brown of Bluewater Surveyors.

214-522-3505

He is a friend of mine, has done the survey for Dad's boat (I would use no one else), is a sailor who I have sailed offshore with, etc. He is awesome. Tell him I sent you.

I will be in Mobile (hopefully) Nov 12th-?? getting our boat in and getting her ready to go offshore. I would be happy to look at her too if you want. I will be at Turner Marine, it appears.

- Brian

#3 ·
Thanks Brian,
I talked with Bobby Brown a few times. It turned out that it wouldn't be cost effective to get him over to Mobile. He sure seemed like a nice guy on the phone. It's too bad we couldn't work something out, but it would have cost us double the survey price to get him there. We would have loved to use him.
We ended up hiring Lee Creekmore and are doing the survey on Thursday. He's listed on the SAMS site and has been surveying since at least 1995. Hope it works out well. If the survey goes well, we will be at Turners doing a few upgrades when you come to splash. Stop by and say hi. I'll have some cold beers ready. I need to get a SailNet burgee so you'll know where to find me.
Thanks for the offer to look at the boat for us. Your just getting there a couple of weeks too late. Too bad you couldn't have sold your house quicker!!:D

Mike

#5 ·
Looking for a recommendation for a surveyor in Mobile, AL I've talked to a couple of them but would rather have a recommendation from someone that has used someone in the area. I've been leaning towards a fellow named Lee Creekmore. Has anyone used or heard of him? Any info. would help.

Mike
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to put this out here in case anyone is looking for a surveyor.
DJ Donald J Smith, Port City Marine Services, I would NOT recommend. We had a surveyor scheduled for 2 weeks, drive over 12 hours to attend the survey and the morning of, he cancelled due to forgetting a routine appt he had scheduled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.