Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2009

widget55 is on a distinguished road
csy 44 opinion looking to buy

we are looking at a csy 44 for 69..looks in good shape...what are the opinions on a csy 44 boat....I ? the 6.6 keel john
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-28-2009

boofus is on a distinguished road
There are details online that show how you can actually cut off the bottom foot or so of the keel without getting into the encapsulated ballast. A built in shoal draft of sorts......
Old 11-29-2009
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
I have just spent several months on a boat hunt with a deep draft CSY 44 very high on my list. If the boat is in Florida I have propably looked at it. It is most likely a walk over at that price. Walk throughs are rare and much sought after.

Key points Very strong hull and solid deck. The chain plates are a known issue and if they have not been replaced this is a must do. [ BIG JOB } Huge water tanks and a huge engine room with easy access from the cockpit. Huge fridge freezer set up, originally engine driven holding plates. Not going to win races. Most were in charter to begin with so will have had a hard life early on.

There is a bargain boat called Pacifico down in Guatemala that is on offer at 50k and they are motivated sellers. I looked at it but my forever boat had already captured my heart so said no. But she is a good deal for someone with time and energy. [ Chain plates are done. Lots of good kit onboard] Could be sailed away in a few days with ongoing projects mainly the aft cabin done at your speed.

There is a very active owners group on Welcome to the CSY Owners' Group
Old 12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
I have just spent several months on a boat hunt with a deep draft CSY 44 very high on my list. If the boat is in Florida I have propably looked at it. It is most likely a walk over at that price. Walk throughs are rare and much sought after.

Key points Very strong hull and solid deck. The chain plates are a known issue and if they have not been replaced this is a must do. [ BIG JOB } Huge water tanks and a huge engine room with easy access from the cockpit. Huge fridge freezer set up, originally engine driven holding plates. Not going to win races. Most were in charter to begin with so will have had a hard life early on.

There is a bargain boat called Pacifico down in Guatemala that is on offer at 50k and they are motivated sellers. I looked at it but my forever boat had already captured my heart so said no. But she is a good deal for someone with time and energy. [ Chain plates are done. Lots of good kit onboard] Could be sailed away in a few days with ongoing projects mainly the aft cabin done at your speed.

There is a very active owners group on Welcome to the CSY Owners' Group
are you looking for a walk through? do you want a boat to where you do not have to replace the chainplates? what kinda boat are you looking for? If the chainplates have not been replaced or anything else on the boat (everything is orginial) how much negosiation do you think there will be?
Old 12-01-2009
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
IS the boat Hoot Mon? In St Augustine.

If yes that is a project boat. Needs chainplates, standing rigging, refrigeration and holding tanks to start with.
Old 12-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
IS the boat Hoot Mon? In St Augustine.

If yes that is a project boat. Needs chainplates, standing rigging, refrigeration and holding tanks to start with.
now this boat is in Jacksonville, florida. The broker has said that it has only been on the market for a month but if you saw the boat in St. Augustine then it must have been longer. When did you see it? and what did you think? because we have about three years before we cruise, somewhat of a project boat would be fine as long as we could do the work ourselves. Please give me some thoughts on this boat? because it is a project boat to what price do you think we could get it at? hope to hear J richards