SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Heritage West Indies (Morgan)

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  andrewoverrein 
#1 ·
I purchased a heritage west indies 38 in 2001 and did a major renovation on it. I am very impressed with the quality of the construction and the design by charlie morgan. The boat is a crusing boat which is not fast in light air but sails well in moderate to heavy air. Built like a tank with heavy solid fiberglass constuction. I recommend it to anyone looking for a good crusing boat with lots of room and two staterooms with two private heads. The hull stiffeners do rust but can be repaired although I don''t think repairs are generally necessary.

#2 ·
Hi I will be starting my own 1977 West Indies 46 ketch project in the spring and was wondering if you have any pointers for me ?

also do you know any where to get the drawings/blueprints and/or the owners manuals for these boats there is not a hole lot of info out there (from what I can find any way)

I need to replace the mast steps, prop and prop shaft but am having trouble finding the specks/measurements to do so

any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Ed

#3 ·
Ed,
I'm in the same boat, so to speak :). I have a 1977 WI 38 that is currently gutted and being rebuilt. I'm replacing all the metal with fiberglass, but am using the existing structure as a guide.

I too would love some drawings/manuals. Please share any you have. I'm going to email Charlie Morgan to see what he has, too.

Thanks!

#8 ·
Hi Mike, I have a 80' west indies 46 I'm restoring. I've been looking everywhere for info on the boat but it's like the boat never existed. Plenty on the 38 though. I would love it if you could share the drawings you have for your boat. I'm hoping it could be helpful to me and my refit. Thank you so much. Tommy