Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2011

MikeWhy is on a distinguished road
Wow. Even my walk-in closet would look palatial with that 10mm lens. Really nice job with the interior shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-17-2011

MikeWhy is on a distinguished road
But there must be some mistake. Someone drew in four heads in those plans.
Old 06-17-2011

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
If I said to my wife to come and circumnavigate with me she would not come. She would not even would cross the Atlantic with me and I would never try to persuade her too hard.

Never but never say to her that you want to circumnavigate with her or that she would have to do a passage on the boat. Let her discover the good things in cruising bit by bit don't scare her let her gain confidence and let her have a complete confidence on you and things will go slowly but will go.

Otherwise you can end up buying a boat that would not be indicated to solo sail and your wife with not be with you anyway.
One additional tip that (almost) always works: pick a boat that both you and your kids like. This would probably be a fast, no ******** boat. Sail it, enjoy the broad smiles on their faces and look at the miracle happening: Mum loves the boat too

Best regards,

Eric
Old 06-17-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWhy View Post
But there must be some mistake. Someone drew in four heads in those plans.
No mistake. That's probably a charter version: Four cabins, four heads

Regards

Paulo
Old 06-17-2011

jibjefe is on a distinguished road
For interesting sail boats lets talk about the very, very big ones. For sure the gigantic ones give you an experience of a life time. Nothing can be compared to living a great world wide adventure in one of those sail beasts.
Old 06-17-2011

New boat from Hanse and it seems a very interesting one, a serious competitor to the new Jeanneau 379, the Hanse 385.

The boat is a bit more heavy than the Jeanneau but I am sure it will have an epoxy option (as all the other Hanses) and that will make the weight close, it has more ballast all in a full bulb and that will give it more righting moment and more power. It carries a bit more sail but is also more beamier. That means more sail power but also more drag.

They didn't show any images of the interior but I will hope (without many expectations) that this one can have a less IKEA interior. The layout is just very good especially on the two cabin version that has an amazing galley for a 38ft.

I also like the rest of the boat, well, I would have preferred it a bit thinner, but that's it. The boat looks good, and has one or two good ideas. One of them is to have all the winches in a lateral position. That will allow it more flexibility in their use and probably will allow a German sheeting system and not to have the need of changing lines all the time, as on the Jeanneaus. The front one for the Genoa, the back one for the mainsail.

The back winch, like in the Jeanneau, is very close to the wheel and solo sailing will be easy. The boat has not a traveler, but the Hanse main-sheet system. Well it seems that it works relatively well but I would have preferred a traveler. That would not be a problem if they maintain the same politic they used to have: They will mount one. They even used to mount one aft, if you wanted, near the wheel at least on the 40ft and 43ft. Maybe they will do it on this one also

The transom seems great also, with a big bathing platform and with a central open place to let you have lotīs of place at the wheel and a lateral seats that will be very handy with the boat heeled (the lateral part of the other seat will provide foot support). I has a dedicated space for a liferaft and seems to be well designed to give a stable downwind ride.

This seems to be a great boat, so much better than the 375. I only hope they will not mess up the interior, as usual

Last edited by PCP; 06-17-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibjefe View Post
For interesting sail boats lets talk about the very, very big ones. For sure the gigantic ones give you an experience of a life time. Nothing can be compared to living a great world wide adventure in one of those sail beasts.
Hi! Welcome to the thread.

You mean like these?

Regards

Paulo
Old 06-18-2011

And some details:

Old 06-18-2011

Chimbatete is on a distinguished road
I'm 29 and dreaming of "the boat" here in North America. After reading this thread, who would still get a Sabre, Tartan, Island Packet, Shannons, Pacific Seacrafts and so ons. For most sailing needs those aforementioned boats are nearing extinction.

Heres a couple of boats not yet posted

Winner 1220:

Swedestar 370:

YouTube - ‪The sexy Swedish Swedestar 370‬‏

Last edited by Chimbatete; 06-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimbatete View Post

Heres a couple of boats not yet posted

Winner 1220:

Swedestar 370:

YouTube - ‪The sexy Swedish Swedestar 370‬‏
Hi Chimbatete,

The winner 12.20 was posted a long time ago:

Interesting Sailboats

Before posting about a new boat confirm on the first page of the thread if the boat was not posted already.

The Swedestar 370 is a great boat. I have seen it in the Dusseldorf boatshow. The only thing against is price: As all Nordic boats it's expensive, but very well made and finished.

Chimbatete please reduce on the server the size of the pictures you have posted regarding the Winner 12.20 to 1024/768 otherwise we cannot see them properly and they take out of configuration all page. Most photo servers like photobucket allow you to chose a fixed sized. That way you can save pictures with any size and they will never be bigger than the size you have chosen (1024/768).

Regards

Paulo

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.