Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
For the ones that have a sailboat mostly to have fun racing and besides that mostly for day sail the boat, this is a great proposal at half the price and many times the sailing fun: The SeaCart 26

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-11-2012

Of course, that would not have the charme of a wally, but will go at the same speed or faster and the crew would have much more fun.

Talking about Wally and rich men with good taste have a look ar these animals (the boats, not the men):

Old 01-11-2012

Look at this beauty:

Old 01-11-2012

Modern boats designed with a classic look are one of the trends of today's design. Compromises are made in what regards sail performance, usualy in what concerns LWL regarding LOA but most of these modern classic looking boats are very light, have modern bulbed keels, modern spade ruder and a hulls with not much rocker.

They are intended to be fast, very pleasurable boats to sail and sailing pleasure would not be the only pleasure they would deliver: These boats that will make any owner proud. These are boats that will never look old, boats to cherish and to keep as a art work and of course as any work of art, design is of paramount importance.

Bob Perry designed recently one, a beautiful narrow 62ft and contrary of what is usual on these boats, have managed to maintain the classic flavor, without a big loss of LWL regarding the boat LOA. The hull seems very well designed and looks very neat and the ruder and keel are thoroughly modern.

The keel is particularly interesting, a steel hollow structure that will function has a diesel tank and an integrated torpedo that will not get stuck on fishing lines. The ruder is also high tech and a carbon one.

Of course a boat like this should have a carbon rig and this one will have one , the one used on the Farr 40. I hope rod is used to keep in mind with the rest.

The boat hull will be made in Cedar strip planking The hull with cedar and after sheathed in Vectorply E-TLX 2400-10 triaxial cloth. The deck would be made of composite.

Cedar strip planking give very strong and light hulls and this one will only weight about 18 000 lb. With that weight it should be a very strong hull.

The boat would have a huge sail area (978 m2) for the weigh and that with the very low drag of this boat and big LWL will make it a very fast boat and a boat that would sail well in very weak wind, I would say with any wind.

Of course with such a narrow hull and a canoe stern this boat would have to rely for stability mostly on its ballast and it has lot's of it, almost 50% of its weight and all in a lead bulb on the end of a long keel. This boat will have a lot of righting moment but will sail heeled with any consequent wind. Not a problem for me I like heel. The boat will probably heel easily to 20ļ and will be rock solid and very stiff after that.

This is a very interesting boat and I guess it will be on the vast Bob Perry curriculum as one to be remembered, a boat which design will never get old. That is a desire of any designer: to make a work of art that will remain as a legacy for the future and I believe that will be the case. I only hope the finish and the interior to be up with the quality of the sailboat design.

To know more about the boat:

Yacht Design According to Perry

Last edited by PCP; 01-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2012

Look at this incredible sail machine!!!

As fun as a powerful dirt bike on hard sand

Old 01-12-2012

New Sirius 40: The boat plans will be shown in Dusseldorf.

A Sirius 40 will have all the space needed to live aboard. As most of you know these boats have an incredible detailed interior with the best quality I know or saw in sailboats. I am sure it will be an incredible boat.

Pity that the cabin on this Marc-Oliver von Ahlen design seems just a bit too high on what otherwise I find a nice looking boat.

APP Mode likes this.
Old 01-12-2012

This edition is particularly good since it has the best of 2011 (after the VOR). Don't miss it

Faster likes this.
Old 01-13-2012

I have already posted about the fantastic circumnavigation record by Loick Peiron and his team but the movie in HD that yacht magazine has posted is so much better that it deserves to have a new look: Beautiful boat, great images.

Der Sieg der "Banque Populaire V" - Yacht TV

and since we are talking about great images of offshore trimarans I believe most of you don't know this movie that is one of my favorites: Big ocean racing trimarans flying over heavy seas!!!!. No space for error here. Look at that guy that goes to the bow. It is not practical to wear an harness on a big multihulls (too much space) and I don't think he is wearing one. Jesus you have to be mad or have a huge confidence and gigantic balls

Last edited by PCP; 01-13-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-13-2012

There is a new racer cruiser class box rule for serious racers, an all carbon fast boat, a big one with 100ft

Well, we would expect a carbon racer to have a pretty poor interior, just the needed for racing but not this one. The minimum racer-cruiser interior fit out would comprise of:

Owners en-suite cabin with queen size double.
Two guest cabins with split beds that give the option of singles or doubles.
Additional pullman berths in each of these cabins would be an option if racing offshore.
A large saloon split into a separate lounge and dining area.
Galley to port with rule minimum, 3 hob stove, oven, fridge and freezer.
Chart table with day head to starboard.

The crew area is spacious, but it can be fitted out using lighter materials and methodology than the guest areas and it comprises part of the accommodation requirements of the rule. There is one en-suite cabin with two bunks and an allowance for pipe cots if additional crew is required for cruising or if racing offshore.

This is the design program and you are already thinking, this is no race boat. Well, look at the first one:

Green Marine - Southampton - Wally Cento : 100 pieds, 100% Wally - Annonce bateaux - Annonces bateaux - Occasion Bateaux - Occasion Voiliers - Occasion voiles

And look at all this carbon interiors:

Of course, it could only be a wally, the Wally Cento the design is from judel-vrolijk and it will be made by Wally.

Last edited by PCP; 01-13-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2012

I bet this boat is going to be a huge sucess

The new Pogo 30

With a LOA of 9.14 meters and a Beam with 3.70 meters the Pogo will be a class A boat (offshore) and can have have a fixed keel or a swinging keel.

It should have plenty space inside and it will be fast as all the Pogos.

It will cost around 80,000 euros - not including shipping and sails.

Usinage Maquette Pogo 30 from Pogo Structures on Vimeo.

Last edited by PCP; 01-13-2012 at 09:50 PM.