Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1231Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Just beautiful the new look of Hydropter:

New sponsor, big money, big campaign. The boat is now sponsored by a big French shipyard, a leader on navy ships, DCNS.

I had already said they were going this year to make an attempt on the trans-Pacific, from Los Angeles to Honolulu record. They plan for 2013 to beat the 24-hour absolute record (908.2 nautical miles) and the record around the UK, both belonging to "Banque Populaire V", the world's biggest racing trimaran and the one that has also the circumnavigation record.

For 2014 they plan to beat the transatlantic record and make it in less than three days. The actual record of 3 days, 15 hours, 25 minutes and 48 seconds belongs also to "Banque Populaire V".

So, it will be like David against Goliath. It will be interesting to follow.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-05-2012

kootenay is on a distinguished road
We were moored in North Sound VG the this week near the Yacht Kokomo III. 170 ft long and just simply beautiful. Would give at least one of my kids and my left leg for her. the same night woke up to the most incredible Fireworks show as well. Somebody spent half a million bucks on that show. I would guess at least I used to be in the Fireworks business.

Superyacht of the Week: Kokomo, the largest Alloy to date - SuperYacht of the Week - SuperyachtTimes.com

Old 02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenay View Post
We were moored in North Sound VG the this week near the Yacht Kokomo III. 170 ft long and just simply beautiful. Would give at least one of my kids and my left leg for her. ..
Thanks for posting. Yes it is beautiful, a Ed Dubois design, but you would need all your kids to sail her not to mention do the anti-fouling

Movie:

Kokomo - YouTube

Kokomo | Naval Architecture & Yacht Design | Dubois Yachts

Regards

Paulo
Old 02-06-2012

I have already posted before about "Black Pepper" that all carbon French daysailer that has impressed me on the Paris boat show. I would say that impress is a small word, I almost fall in love with the dam boat. I have posted some photos and it was enough to understand that it was a great boat but that would not explain that big attraction that we call love.

I guess that with the very good photos that Yacht magazine posted on line is easier to understand. I bet they are going to test that boat, it seems to me that they were as impressed as me

Old 02-06-2012

If you sail near the Atlantic coast of France or if you plan to visit Europe in the summer you should consider to sail to Brest in July (13-19) I mean if you like boats

They have another edition of their nautical festival: "Tonerre the Brest", a special one since they are celebrating its 20th anniversary.

Brest is in Brittany and Brittany is the home of the French sailors, I mean most of the great French legendary sailors are from here and none other French region is linked to the sea as Brittany. There are few other places as appropriated for a big nautical festival: It is not only boats, but the ambiance, the architecture the food, the wine and the beer. If you go there don't miss Quimper, Saint Malo (the corsair city) and Rennes.

Take a look:

Brest 2012 - Fête maritime internationale - Les Tonnerres de Brest

Old 02-06-2012

Can a sailboat be ugly and interesting? Certainly even if I have a “thing” with ugly boats, I mean I rarely find them interesting but that is not the case. Just look at this one, the Futura 49:

It can make not much sense on the States or Australia but makes a lot of sense on the full European marinas where a Cat pays double and even so in most of them they just don’t have place.

If you think that all this complication and trouble don’t make sense, economically speaking, let me tell you are wrong. I have been lately on an Italian Marina, a nice but vulgar one, where a place for a 12.20 m boat cost 7000€ a year. I guess that a 49ft would pay over 9000€. Double that and you will have 18 000€ a year. In 10 years that’s a 90 000€ of savings, enough to buy a Porsche.

Now they have only to make a nice looking one to be a sucess
Old 02-07-2012

On the Transquadra, duo crew, at more than halfway finally it's an A35 that isolated takes the lead, followed at distance by a JPK 110, another A35, an A31, a A 35, an A31 an A35, a Bongo 9.60 and a Sun Fast 32.

On Solo it is a Jod 35 that leads!!!, followed by a Sun Fast 32, a JPK 110 a ILC 30 and only then an A35 and a A31.

It is coincidence or are the Archambault just too difficult to sail solo? We can see a clear domination by Archambault on the duo race but on the solo race the first one only comes in 4th!!! Let's see if this tendency is maintained through the rest of the race. It seems that the Opium 39 is too much of a handful for a solo good amateur: he is only in 14th place, far away from the lead.

Transquadra 2011

Regards

Paulo
Old 02-07-2012

Hei guys, I have to share this one
Americans in the real world!!!!

APP Mode likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 01-07-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2012

and after this much "Matcho" video, one just for the girls:

WOW

Women's offshore world, new race to run from Plymouth to Antigua in Figaro 2s this October, the first Transat just for ladies:

The event has already generated a tremendous amount of interest among women sailors from France, Norway, Germany and the UK with more countries are expected to sign up.

Sailed doublehanded in 33ft Beneteau Figaro 2s, the 3300 mile route takes in the Bay of Biscay then leaves the Azores to starboard, before heading out across the Atlantic to Antigua. The course is designed to test the sailing and navigational skills of the women crew as well as their stamina and endurance.

Women's Offshore Worlds | The Daily Sail

Old 02-07-2012

And a really god news to all that loves boats: Swan that was passing for a rough time will come out of the crisis with flying colors.

They have received on the last months commands for 6 new boats, among them a 80ft and three 60ft. The shipyard that since 1966 have made some of the most beautiful sailboats around has put recently on the water the hull 2000.

2000 Swans. I had no idea, I thought they were a lot less. Good fortune to them, they certainly deserve it after all those years doing exceptional boats

Last edited by PCP; 01-07-2014 at 06:09 PM.