Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
I leave tomorrow for Italy. I have already saw the boat and I like the condition as well as the owner. The survey is just to see if everything is all right as I hope it will be. You can see the boat here:

Well, there is more boats on that race,I will give you some clews:

1- Ir is not the Alfa-Romeo
2- It is a 40ft boat (a bit bigger)
3- It is a 2007 boat
4- The boat is still in production
5- It is a relatively fast boat
6- It has a good cruising interior

Let's see who is going to hit the nail first

I will be all week in Italy, I will go with my daughter and I will be showing her some of my favorite places so I will not post, or just post occasionally.

It is your thread, your's and of all that have been posting or are following almost every day. Post at will and try not to post ugly boats

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 01-07-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2012

Just a last post with the movies of the two first duo crews to arrive at Martinique, on the Transquadra.

The first team was as expected Chanu and Peclard on a A35 and the second to arrive, winning that hot race for 2th, the French/Spanish team, Pintos - LemiŤre on the small A31, Chapeau to both teams:

Arrivée du 216 Thinkanalytics por overlapprod

Arrivée de 233 Victoria. Pintos Ager - Lemière... por overlapprod

The three first solos have already arrived. Fantastic race from the three that come separated by 3 hours, each of them separated by 1 hour. If we consider a single classification the first solo arrived in 6th , the second in 7th and the third on 9th. The first one was Vicariot on a JPK 1010 , the second was Hamon on a SunFast 3200 and the third was Peraud and he has made a fantastic result with an older boat, a JOD 35, a 1991 design by Daniel Andrieu. The Jod is also a jeanneau and curiously Daniel Andrieu is also the designer of the SF 3200. Chapeau to Daniel Also

AndrieuDesign - Achievements - Sail - Racing sailboats

Last edited by PCP; 02-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
..... I missed something along the way, Paulo.. I thought a Salona was in your sights.

So I'm going with the X-41 (WAG)

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 02-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
..... I missed something along the way, Paulo.. I thought a Salona was in your sights.

So I'm going with the X-41 (WAG)
Yes, but in the end a problem with tax (VAT) made it impossible for me to buy a new boat, that in that case would have been a Salona 38. The budget was not enough, so I had to turn to the used market and probably was not a bad idea because the market right now is bad for selling but good for buying.

No, it is not a X-41. That is a fantastic boat but the interior is very poor for crusing. The one that was a good cruising interior is the X-40.

Regards

Paulo
Old 02-13-2012

daviid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi David,

Congratulations

The Hanse 350 is a nice boat with a performance keel and a particularly good stability. The 118AVS ORC means a boat with a very good final stability.

As you say a bit heavy, as all German boats but you can always use a geenaker on light winds.

You will not have any problem regarding draft in Croatia with a 2.0m draft boat. Last summer I sailed there with a 2.70m draft boat and I was surprised to see that this is not a problem in Croatia.

However you will only be able to stay there till next year. If you stay there you will pay a 23% Vat tax on the value of the boat. I strongly advise you to look now for and adequate place to put the boat next year because there are a lot of guys doing the same (all the guys that have the boats in Croatia with non paid VAT and they are a lot). As I was considering doing something very similar (without the shared ownership) I have studied the situation and the logical place to leave the boat next year is Turkey. But pay attention they demand boats with a black water tank. Places there are going to be very difficult to find. The best I could find was on the Turkish part of Cyprus. Nice price, very good protection and very near of the Turkish coasts.

As I have said here several times, for me the only negative aspect of the Hanses is the Ikea interior and it is not even the quality of the material, more a design fault.

Truth is that if I cannot get the boat I want, one of the boats I was considering was an almost new epoxy Hanse 430. I don't like the interior but the boat offers solidity and decent sailing for a good price.

Anyway with a shared ownership it is almost good that the interior is not a very nice one otherwise you would be appalled with the damage made by other owners.

I sailed last year 15 days on the previous version of that boat and it was already a solid and stiff boat. The family protested that our Bavaria was better, but solid any way, with some oddities.

Maybe we can drink a beer together: If the survey is alright I will buy next week a boat near Trieste, on the Adriatic coast not far from Croatia.

Where are you going to have the boat in Croatia? Probably the boat has already a place but If it is of any use to you, I have already made a search for that and the best place I could find was on the Mandalina Marina, near Sibenick (best price, nice city and the possibility of having the boat on the hard or on the water for almost the same price).

Again, Congratulations and have fun!

Regards

Paulo
Hi Paulo

Have Croatia really decided to join the EU? I understood that they had the option to join in 2013 but that most folk were betting that they wouldn't due to the crisis in Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain etc etc. Even if they do decide to join the EU, then would it not be likely that they would phase the VAT in as Crete did some time ago at 6%? Anyway we will be faced with an interesting decision - I came very close to doing a deal on a yacht in Gocek, Turkey which was where I originally wanted to go. So maybe I'll be heading there sooner rather than later By the way, the H350 has a black water tank, even if it is a bit small -50litres.

The boat is currently lying in Marina Dalmaciya in Sukosan, Zadar but we will be sailing the boat to its new marina in March which will be on the island of Brac at the marina in Milna. A really nice town on the island which is connected to Split by many ferries and which is really good value - you have probably been there - I was there last year. It is also a good central location for heading North or South to explore Croatia.

Good luck on your trip for your next boat. It would be great to meet up with you - as you say Trieste is not far away.

David
Old 02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviid View Post
Hi Paulo

Have Croatia really decided to join the EU? I understood that they had the option to join in 2013 but that most folk were betting that they wouldn't due to the crisis in Greece, Portugal, Italy, Spain etc etc. Even if they do decide to join the EU, then would it not be likely that they would phase the VAT in as Crete did some time ago at 6%? Anyway we will be faced with an interesting decision - I came very close to doing a deal on a yacht in Gocek, Turkey which was where I originally wanted to go. So maybe I'll be heading there sooner rather than later By the way, the H350 has a black water tank, even if it is a bit small -50litres.

The boat is currently lying in Marina Dalmaciya in Sukosan, Zadar but we will be sailing the boat to its new marina in March which will be on the island of Brac at the marina in Milna. A really nice town on the island which is connected to Split by many ferries and which is really good value - you have probably been there - I was there last year. It is also a good central location for heading North or South to explore Croatia.

Good luck on your trip for your next boat. It would be great to meet up with you - as you say Trieste is not far away.

David
You have all information here:

Croatia EU Accession VAT - Information Pool - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Yes I know Milna Marina. I have chose Mandalina Marina over Milna because in Milna they have not many places out of the water and it is expensive to have boats ou of the water there. On Mandalina marina you can have the boat in the water or out of water on the same contract and you only pay more 10% if the boat is out of water.

I prefer to have the boat out of the water in the winter not only because the wind can be quite nasty there but also to dry up the boat.

Regards

Paulo
Old 02-13-2012

philmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well, there is more boats on that race,I will give you some clews:

1- Ir is not the Alfa-Romeo
2- It is a 40ft boat (a bit bigger)
3- It is a 2007 boat
4- The boat is still in production
5- It is a relatively fast boat
6- It has a good cruising interior

Let's see who is going to hit the nail first
There was only a Maxi, Swan and Comet Class in the Rolex Capri Sailing Week 2008 so it must be a Comet 41S or a Swan 42. Since the Swan 42 doesn't have a good cruising interior it is a Comet 41S, right? Wow, what a great boat.

Regards,
Philipp
Old 02-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmo View Post
There was only a Maxi, Swan and Comet Class in the Rolex Capri Sailing Week 2008 so it must be a Comet 41S or a Swan 42. Since the Swan 42 doesn't have a good cruising interior it is a Comet 41S, right? Wow, what a great boat.

Regards,
Philipp
Now that is an impressive first post!

Welcome to the thread and to sailnet.

Yes you are right, it is a Comet 41s.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 01-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2012

Look at this Bongo 9,60 arriving 4th on the Transaquadra. Very nice boat. The Bongo is the mono Keel version of the more known Olea, that is a fast twin keel. I have posted here already about the Olea.

http://www.oleacomposite.com/#

296 Suleika. Maurizzi Sastre. Bongo. 13h53'19" por overlapprod

And look at this couple arriving on a SF 3200. They seem they are just coming back of a day on a nice anchorage. Great style.

293 williwaw por overlapprod
Old 02-13-2012

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Now that is an impressive first post!

Welcome to the thread and to sailnet.

Yes you are right, it is a Comet 41s.
Very impressive indeed, Philipp!

I perfectly recognise Paulo in the Comet 41S. A seaworthy design with sleek lines, high quality design, excellent upwind performance and a classic interior.

This one looks very well maintained so you will not need to spend the next few years sanding and varnishing all that woodwork, Paulo .

Crossing fingers for a perfect survey so we can congratulate you very soon!

Best regards,

Eric

Last edited by EricKLYC; 02-13-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.