Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Hammerhead 34 - Chris white - Trimax

That seems too good to be true

The boat is not big enough for my needs but I guess that I could ask him a modified bigger version, I have asked about builders and prices for the 34.

HAMMERHEAD 34 - ChrisWhiteDesigns' Photos | SmugMug

The boat is not properly beautiful, but looks functional and effective and at that price I will be able to accept some compromises

I am also asking the prices of the new Trimax, a 35.5ft boat (1080).

This one I do really find beautiful. They say the boat, in the right conditions can do over 25K and that cruising 300 miles a day is easy and 400 miles possible

Trimaran trimax - welcome

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-07-2010

Bavaria 40

I have found some more pictures of the Bavaria 40. These ones with the performance sails I was talking about on a previous post. They look great. These ones are mounted in a furling mast and have vertical battens. The boat can have a conventional rig with one line reefing and in that case the main sail will be bigger.

Also found a picture with other wood option. It looks better (I hate that clear wood that they have used on the first photos).

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2010

Dehler 32 Rs - J 97 - Elan 310 - Archimbault 31 comparative test

Hey Marty, this one is for you

What would you say of a comparative boat test between some of the hottest 32ft on the market? All at the same time on the water

Let's say the Dehler 32 Rs, the J 97, the Elan 310 and the Archimbault 31?

Well, you can see the video from the test. You are not going to understand much of what they say, but the images speak for themselves. The Elan has a great interior and it seems the one more fit for cruising.
YACHT-Vergleich Performance Cruiser I: Segeleigenschaften - YACHT: YACHT tv
YACHT-Vergleich Performance-Cruiser II: - YACHT: YACHT tv

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
He has a Hammerhead 54 as well, but it is a bit bigger than most would want... really pretty and silly fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
That seems too good to be true

The boat is not big enough for my needs but I guess that I could ask him a modified bigger version, I have asked about builders and prices for the 34.

HAMMERHEAD 34 - ChrisWhiteDesigns' Photos | SmugMug

The boat is not properly beautiful, but looks functional and effective and at that price I will be able to accept some compromises

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 09-08-2010

COOL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

What would you say of a comparative boat test between some of the hottest 32ft on the market? All at the same time on the water

Let's say the Dehler 32 Rs, the J 97, the Elan 310 and the Archimbault 31?

I would like to see that, with the First 30 and Jeaneau 3200 joining the fray.
Old 09-09-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Paulo,

I will have to look at that tonight when I have a bit more time, just getting up, time for work!

I'd agree with Cool tho, add the 1st 30 and sf3200, what a show down! or maybe even the Figaro II...........

Marty
Old 09-09-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
I looked at the upper link all the way thru, the 2nd one about half. The boat with the wheel that went from far port, to center, to starboard, Elan? Going with the color, chines, An elan rep talking with the 2nd interior and it going from the wheel to the inside which looked Elan'ish to me.

Interesting concept, I wish I could get the words translated somehow.

ALL of them frankly, look like they hit the mark for who would buy any of the above 4 boats.

marty
Old 09-10-2010

Hammerhead 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
He has a Hammerhead 54 as well, but it is a bit bigger than most would want... really pretty and silly fast...
Yes, that seems to be a very good boat even if I still don't really like the aesthetics. The interior is perfect and that would suit me, but I doubt that the cost would be inside my budget.

Hammerhead 54 - ChrisWhiteDesigns' Photos | SmugMug

Anyway even if the price was, you could not have one of those in the med. I mean you could but you have to be rich
Here for anything bigger than 14m you pay a real fortune to be on a marina or on a quay of some nice and remote island and that one is not a folding model, so you would pay the double everywhere, and we are talking about the double of probably around 120 euros or more.

I don't stay much in marinas, but I like the ambiance of old small towns with a quay...and you need to go there for water and electricity, at least once in a week.... and pay 240 euros or more for a nice night in town is just out of my scheme .

But I agree that is a very nice boat to cruise extensively on remote places and probably, contrary to most cruising cats, it should be a very fast and agreeable boat to sail.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL View Post
I would like to see that, with the First 30 and Jeaneau 3200 joining the fray.
You want it all eh!!!

It is just fantastic that they can put so many boats in the water at the same time

If you want the complete test, they sell it on line.

They have also tested the Jeanneau Sunfast 32 back in 2007, when the boat was just a prototype:

YACHT: Tests online A-Z

And they have also tested recently the First 30:

Die neue First 30 im Exklusiv-Test - YACHT: YACHT tv

The First 30 is a very interesting boat and the one that offers the best performance for its price. It is a very modern design (Juan K.) I only wished that the First 40 (Farr) was designed the same way.

The Elan 31 is the one that offers the best compromise between racing and cruising at a price that is superior to the First, but less than the others.

The Jeanneau is the best for ocean racing (It was designed with that in mind) and it is a fast boat in real time, put I believe too penalized on rating racing.

Regards

Paulo
Old 09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
... The boat with the wheel that went from far port, to center, to starboard, Elan? Going with the color, chines, An elan rep talking with the 2nd interior and it going from the wheel to the inside which looked Elan'ish to me.

Interesting concept, I wish I could get the words translated somehow.

marty
Yes, that's the Elan. I agree, that is very nice and very practical...and you get ride of the two wheels set up.

I can't wait for them to bring the concept to the bigger boats. I would love to see a 380 with that wheel

Regards

Paulo