Interesting Sailboats - Page 200 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1991 of 6763 Old 02-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

Yes this time is for sure The surveyor had commented with my daughter that the boat had only a problem and that was that he could not find anything wrong and he like to find at least one problem in a boat.

The boat is in pretty good shape, has radar, 2 plotters (one outside), Navtex, webasto heating, rod rigging, mylar sails in very good condition, a 135% genoa never used, geenaker, bowsprit, removable stay, storm reef, 3th reef on the main, two heads and two freezers.

The only thing I have to review is attaching points for harnesses, permanent jacklines and handgrabs. That will be done by the Comet guys probably next winter.

Almost perfect in what I am concerned.
Congratulations Paulo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1992 of 6763 Old 02-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Thanks Eric,

Yes this time is for sure The surveyor had commented with my daughter that the boat had only a problem and that was that he could not find anything wrong and he like to find at least one problem in a boat.

The boat is in pretty good shape, has radar, 2 plotters (one outside), Navtex, webasto heating, rod rigging, mylar sails in very good condition, a 135% genoa never used, geenaker, bowsprit, removable stay, storm reef, 3th reef on the main, two heads and two freezers.

The only thing I have to review is attaching points for harnesses, permanent jacklines and handgrabs. That will be done by the Comet guys probably next winter.

Almost perfect in what I am concerned.

I have signed the contract pay now a part and only finish to pay the boat when it is delivered to me in June. In the meantime the boat is going to stay on the hard. This strange deal has to do with the owner not to have to pay 21% VAT on the rest of the leasing but only half and that means the boat was less expensive for me.

Regards

Paulo
Hi Paulo

Felicitations!! Chappeau! Bravo!

You will have to up our/my knowledge on the Comet as a brand.

I have no doubt that it has worked out perfectly for you.

Looks like you have got yourself a real beauty.

All the best

David
post #1993 of 6763 Old 02-20-2012

Would be great if someone could post key points from the test Film fra Pogo 12.50 test : Seilas.no
EricKLYC likes this.
post #1994 of 6763 Old 02-20-2012

Cheers Paulo!
Let the surgeons know there is a Belgian collegue looking overt their shoulder .

This video has been recorded during the "European Yacht of the Year" trials in Barcelona. It probably illustrates the main reason why the Pogo has been elected in the "performance cruiser" category.

Of course this was a broad reach, the speciality of the Pogo. But the difference in apparent wind almost makes it an upwind course, compared to the "victim" (Grand Soleil 50'). Which is, by the way, not very well sailed: look at the sheeting angle and trim of the solent .

Best regards,

Eric
post #1995 of 6763 Old 02-21-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1000 View Post

Would be great if someone could post key points from the test Film fra Pogo 12.50 test : Seilas.no
You just have to look at the broad smile on the face of the testers not to mention the yelling. Even if badly sailed the Grand Soleil 50 is a fast boat, a bit heavy. The problem is that for that wind the Grand Soleil would need a bigger Geenaker...and a lot of crew to tame it while the Pogo can go happily with the genoa and solo sailed if needed.

Of course upwind even badly sailed, the Pogo would not be a match for a Grand Soleil 50, but we are talking about a 50ft boat versus a 41ft boat, that's a huge difference in LWL.

Regards

Paulo
post #1996 of 6763 Old 02-21-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Some more videos from the Transquadra:

Vicariot on a JPK 10.10, first on solo (real time and handicap) and on the front pack among the fastest duos. Great race:

3 swinhoe por overlapprod

Hamon and the Sun fast 3200 that arrived 2th on real time on solo:

festa por overlapprod

And the most funny one, the one that arrived 6th on solo but second on compensated (A31) with a close encounter with a whale

The funny is that the boat is called BalleineBlanche that translates as whitewhale

baleine contre baleine por overlapprod

And for last, my old boat, a Bavaria 36 that even loaded with a lot of stuff (they even carried the back bench that I used only for a week, not to mention all the stuff for producing energy) was not the last (6 boats behind):

arrivee mercredi matin por overlapprod

Also a very special comment for a Benetau 37 that made a good race ( a lot better than the Bavaria).
post #1997 of 6763 Old 02-21-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

eh! eh! Hetairos the beautiful mega luxury yacht that I have posted some time back and in my opinion among the most beautiful boats ever, this one:

is beating Rambler, one of the fastest racing boats, if not the fastest and leading the Caribbean 600. You can follow the race here:

2012 Fleet Tracking | Tracking | Race Information

The start:

Well, 1+ for beautiful classic styled boats: they sure can by fast. Who can deny that now?

Last edited by PCP; 01-08-2014 at 05:59 PM.
post #1998 of 6763 Old 02-21-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Another victory for the Spanish in the VOR Sanya in port race. Beautiful images, with the Australian/ American Puma managing 2th place:

Last edited by PCP; 01-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.
post #1999 of 6763 Old 02-21-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Since I am posting about really fast boats, let's remember this spectacular images of 100ft Rambler when he was called "Virgin Money", back in 2008:

and that's all for the night folks

Last edited by PCP; 01-08-2014 at 06:02 PM.
post #2000 of 6763 Old 02-21-2012
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Paulo,
Congrats on the new boat and I hope your surgery all went well.
I like what I see though I've never been a big fan of straight through galleys. Other than she looks the goods and lets face all is to some degree a compromise.
Cheers to you
Andrew

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.