from Truls Alnes Antonsen on Vimeo.

from Kjell Sallén on Vimeo.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2062 of 6763 Old 03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi Eric,

I don't know. The boat is near Trieste on the Adriatic and close to Slovenia.

It all depends where I am going to make some mods on the boat (electrical and regarding safety: holding points for harness and some other things).

If I do that in Italy, on the winter of 2013, I will sail on Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Albania, and late in the summer I will cross to Italia, turn around in Syracuse and leave the boat in Fumicino, near Rome.

If I do that in Greece, I will make the same way and then will go for Greece to leave the boat for the winter and to have the job done there.

If the price is not too different I would prefer to do that with the guys from the Comet factory, in Fiumicino.

Regards

Paulo
Both plans involve wonderful cruising areas.

Enjoy!

Best regards,

Eric
post #2063 of 6763 Old 03-04-2012

Paulo,

thanks for the book link! I'm very much looking forward to learning something new!

Regards,
post #2064 of 6763 Old 03-05-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc11 View Post
Paulo,

thanks for the book link! I'm very much looking forward to learning something new!

Regards,
Thanks OPC, nice to know

New boat.... and what a boat!!!!! look at this bow:

Sharp

And it is not a racer but a performance cruiser:

As you can see this is not the interior of a racer. I have been last year in Dusseldorf inside the new Xp 44 and find it a bit small in what the interior is concerned even if with a very good quality everywhere. Well I bet this one has just the right amount of interior space for two couples to cruise in all comfort...and at speed not to mention the fun.

This boat will have a huge stability. Not only the keel is maximized in what regardes producing RM has this boat has almost half of its weight on the keel.

I like it, like it very much....except the price

Last edited by PCP; 03-05-2012 at 03:46 PM.
post #2065 of 6763 Old 03-06-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

I have talked already about Defline, one of my preferred Naval Architechts, the one that has designed Kerkena and Heol. From him only beautiful boats and if not limited to small sizes and he has the creative space for designing a 44ft, absolutely gorgeous boats.

Take a look at his last project, the Defline 44X:

architecte naval : Martin Defline
conception : 2012

LOA :13.40 m
Beam 4.35 m
Displacement : 10 200 Kg
Ballast : 4 000 Kg
Draft : 2.20 m
Sail area : 107 m˛
engine : 56 ch
Water tank: 650 L
Diesel tank : 550 L
cathegory CE: A
Materials: wood - epoxy

Last edited by PCP; 03-06-2012 at 07:09 AM.
post #2066 of 6763 Old 03-06-2012

Quote:

New boat.... and what a boat!!!!! look at this bow:

This boat will have a huge stability. Not only the keel is maximized in what regardes producing RM has this boat has almost half of its weight on the keel.

I like it, like it very much....except the price
The march issue of Sailing includes a design review by Bob Perry for the XP 50. Nice boat, but choose your cruising grounds carefully, considering the shoal draft of 8'8" (deep draft 9'10") .
Also reviewed is the HR412, which I would prefer as a cruising boat.
post #2067 of 6763 Old 03-06-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
The march issue of Sailing includes a design review by Bob Perry for the XP 50. Nice boat, but choose your cruising grounds carefully, considering the shoal draft of 8'8" (deep draft 9'10") .
Also reviewed is the HR412, which I would prefer as a cruising boat.
Hei Hans,
Sure, I agree with you about the cruising grounds but I can tell you that last year I was cruising in Croatia with a boat with 2.7m draft and had not any problem, not even at 20m off the coast. Plenty of places where you don't have any problems with draft. It is the other way around, there are some places where you have problems with draft

Anyway what you say is not entirely correct: The 8'8" is the standard draft, the 9'10" is the long draft and they did not yet disclosed the shallow draft that I am sure it will be produced if someone wants it.

Regarding the HR412 it was already posted here and it is a very welcome attempt (following the 372) of HR to modernize their designs, following what is been made in the XC cruising line. It seems to be a great boat even if I think it has a baddly design (ugly) transom.

Regards

Paulo
post #2068 of 6763 Old 03-06-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Classics; Three beautiful movies:

from DIGIVISION on Vimeo.

from kaaps || spaako on Vimeo.

post #2069 of 6763 Old 03-07-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

New safety rules on the Open 60's. Know they have not only to come out of an inverted position without outside help in a flat sea, as, before that, they have to came out of the boat, have a walk on the hull and go inside again. Funny

post #2070 of 6763 Old 03-07-2012

Quote:
Hei Hans,
.... It is the other way around, there are some places where you have problems with draft
It seems to be a great boat even if I think it has a baddly design (ugly) transom.

Regards

Paulo
Hans !???
Not quite sure what point you are trying to make about the draft, but it sounds exactly the same as what I posted.
Also, you may want to reconsider your broad use of the word "ugly". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and finding two sailors agreeing on the aesthetics of a particular vessel will be hard, just as finding two guys agreeing on the looks of a girl. You would never call the other guys wife ugly, just because she doesn't fit your mold, would you?
Well, then again, maybe you would.....
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.