Interesting Sailboats - Page 216 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2151 of 6763 Old 03-24-2012

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Funny I was just looking at older first series from Beneteau. Most of the 30Es are in Europe and there's a few here same boat but it's First 32. I think they are perfect for the lakes for round the cans and cruising. Those Euro boats though are something else its sad that they don't have dealers. I will look at the first 27 thanks. Speaking of the new first 30, how come I couldn't find much about its performance. It seems like the buzz has died down quite a bit.

Dont know if this is a new boat but its a beauty. Dehler 35SQ

I was looking at the Transquadra and noticed a few Dehlers placing well. That was a surprise because I didnt expect to see it along with Pogos, JPKs, Archambaults and SF3200 since I thought it would be more like a Salona, Finflyer type with nicer interiors.

1974 CC 27

Last edited by Chimbatete; 03-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2152 of 6763 Old 03-24-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Yes the Dehler 35 is a great boat and it is only new because it has now a two whell setup, the rest is just the same. And yes, the Dehler belongs to the same kind of boats you have mentioned (Salona, FinnFlyer) and it is a fast boat specially upwind.

By the way, talking about Salona I had a look at the Salona 38 test sail by my favorite Magazine, the German “Yacht”. You can buy the test on line but since you can get it for free on the Salona site I hope they don’t mind If I post one image of that test:

Great, isn’t? The title on the photo: Strong performance:
Do you want and Yacht just to sail fast or to race? The Salona 38 can do both.

They say very well about the boat, its looks, its functionality and its building quality.

About the performance and the measured speeds take a look:

Well, I did not manage to own this one, but still think it is a great performance cruiser, and satisfies me that the magazine that I consider to make more objective test sails think about the same.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-24-2012 at 06:23 PM.
post #2153 of 6763 Old 03-24-2012

Yes Paulo, I was looking at some used Salona 34 and they are still pricey ($140k avg.) and all in Europe. They are an awesome boat with a nice interior and fast on all points as you posted. Ive noticed that when they (euro boats)do have a dealer here in Canada like the Archambault, the price is abit more. Do they factor in the shipping to the price? Ive been going crazy and going to all the boatshows but its a bit limited here.

Remember the Euro boat of the year 2011 nominees you posted? Remember the special category, one of the nominees is Tarac 33, well I looked into it and wow what a goodlooking daysailer with some room down to boot. Thats like a dream boat for me.

1974 CC 27
post #2154 of 6763 Old 03-24-2012
Senior Moment Member

That Comet reminds me a lot of the old Morgan 27 MORC boat from the early 70's.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #2155 of 6763 Old 03-24-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Yes Chimbatete, the Tarac is a beautiful boat and that video is a nice one, thanks for posting.

Regarding the Salona 34 you are exagerating on the price:

http://www.salonayachts.com/en/broke...ats/s34-1.html

But if you or your family is interested in one of those to take to Canada I guess you can have a new 35 almost for that price, I mean with a huge discount.

JonB, I did not know the Morgan 27 but it seems a very modern boat for its time and I can understand what you mean: They probably represented the same approach separated by 35 years, but the hull and the underwater appendices have little in common. Take a look:

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.
post #2156 of 6763 Old 03-24-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yes Chimbatete, the Tarac is a beautiful boat and that video is a nice one, thanks for posting.

Regarding the Salona 34 you are exagerating on the price:

Salona 34 - Salona Yachts

But if you or your family is interested in one of those to take to Canada I guess you can have a new 35 almost for that price, I mean with a huge discount.

JonB, I did not know the Morgan 27 but it seems a very modern boat for its time and I can understand what you mean: They probably represented the same approach separated by 35 years, but the hull and the underwater appendices have little in common. Take a look:

Regards Paulo
Yes, I figured the Comet would be a lot lighter and have much more radical fins - actually I was surprised the Comets keel shape was as similar as it was to the Morgan - I would have expected a deeper, more vertical, bulbed keel, not a swept fin. I was just surprised that such a contemporary boat could be so reminiscent of a 40 year old boat. I think their target market is (was) probably much the same as well - generally younger and after performance far more than comfort.

Thanks for the pics - I like it a lot.

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #2157 of 6763 Old 03-25-2012

post #2158 of 6763 Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
... - I would have expected a deeper, more vertical, bulbed keel, not a swept fin. I was just surprised that such a contemporary boat could be so reminiscent of a 40 year old boat. I think their target market is (was) probably much the same as well - generally younger and after performance far more than comfort.
That is the swing keel:

The boat can also come with a foil with a fixed torpedo keel, the kind you would expect on this boat

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-25-2012 at 09:11 AM.
post #2159 of 6763 Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
Great images. Those are really big breaking waves

Outstanding the speed that this boats can return to its feet after being capsized, even with a lot of sail out That was a double hit, if the boat had a lot of inertia (a lot of weight for the same RM) and was still capsized when it was hit by the second wave, the story could be other. We can also see clearly the boat going sideways and rotating dissipating with movement the wave energy (look at the clouds) otherwise than with a rolling movement.

Other impressive image. Great racing:

Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Race Data Center

Groupama is holding on in the lead making no mistakes. At almost the same speed and second now is Puma, at about 50NM. More big wave and high winds on the next 6 hours.

Camper is out of the race: It is going to Chile to repair the bow damage. Lots of damages in the bows. It seems the designers have to review the calculations on that point of the boat. The guys from Grupama said that the damage on their bow happened when they were falling from 8m waves...not once, but many times

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 03-25-2012 at 10:10 AM.
post #2160 of 6763 Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Great sailing video:

Here is Sailing Spoken Here from Sailing Spoken Here on Vimeo.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.