Interesting Sailboats - Page 217 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2161 of 6763 Old 03-25-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: Interesting Sailboats

And another big race that is almost there is the "Spi Ouest". It is a classical on the French coast and this years's is the 34th edition. All kinds of boats racing there and hundreds of them, professionals and amateurs all having fun together:

Have a look at one of the past editions:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 6763 Old 03-26-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

And from the Virgin Islands, great images of the International Rolex regatta:

post #2163 of 6763 Old 03-26-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

As it was expected more great images of the VOR:

Groupama is holding on going at a mad speed and turning South as much as they can looking for big winds trying without success to go away from Puma. Both boats have leaved Telefonica behind and maintain the 50NN distance between them.

Just click on the weather button and look what kind of wind they are after

Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Race Data Center

If they can make it they will leave Telefonica behind but they can break on that conditions. Telefonica is betting on that and is going more to the North with less tempestuous conditions but with less speed.

Crazy race this one betweem Groupama and Puma

Last edited by PCP; 01-13-2014 at 06:34 AM.
post #2164 of 6763 Old 03-26-2012
Just another Moderator

Paulo

We were out this weekend and saw for the first time a new First 45 in the flesh. Most impressive looking ride. I think this was a lower tech version, aluminum mast, wire rigging, but appeared to have the joystick system. Great looking boat, though.. I think the proportions really come into sync at this length.

Only thing was the cockpit layout was such that the driver is pretty well out of the trim picture.. but I suppose this boat is meant to be properly crewed up.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #2165 of 6763 Old 03-26-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Paulo

We were out this weekend and saw for the first time a new First 45 in the flesh. Most impressive looking ride. I think this was a lower tech version, aluminum mast, wire rigging, but appeared to have the joystick system. Great looking boat, though.. I think the proportions really come into sync at this length.

Only thing was the cockpit layout was such that the driver is pretty well out of the trim picture.. but I suppose this boat is meant to be properly crewed up.
Yes, I agree with you, the First 45 is beautiful and contrary to the 40 it has the potential to be a great cruising boat. I also like the interior. Many would say it is too modern, but it is not certainly IKEA style and I find it classy. I think modernity goes well with the rest of the boat

Beneteau-first-45

Regards

Paulo
post #2166 of 6763 Old 03-26-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Interesting news about one of the most interesting fast 30 ft performance cruiser, The South African Pacer 310: It is going to be made also in Spain and its price is going down probably.

A sweet boat with a very good B/D ratio, a powerful and very fast, a nice one with an interior that without being very cozy has everything needed for cruising...when not racing

post #2167 of 6763 Old 03-26-2012
Just another Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yes, I agree with you, the First 45 is beautiful and contrary to the 40 it has the potential to be a great cruising boat. I also like the interior. Many would say it is too modern, but it is not certainly IKEA style and I find it classy. I think modernity goes well with the rest of the boat

Beneteau-first-45

Regards

Paulo
Thanks for that link/view... we didn't get a look below, but saw plenty to drool over on deck!
axel likes this.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #2168 of 6763 Old 03-27-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Uau!!!!! don't miss this one, From NZ, some days ago on the BMW Auckland regatta:

Last edited by PCP; 01-13-2014 at 06:36 AM.
post #2169 of 6763 Old 03-27-2012 Thread Starter
PCP

Incredible!!!!! The 2012 Atlantic Rally Crossing (ARC) that will start only in 8 months is already full. They have opened an waiting list and hopefully they will increase the number of participants.

The accepted inscriptions are 260:

23 catamarans and 42 boats in the racing divisions. The smallest boat to date is Wolfgang Vandrey's Contest 28 Quetzal (GER) ...

ARC 2012 boats are sailing under
33 different national flags - a real united nations of sail! ..

30% of the fleet are flying the British ensign and 12% are German. Its great to see big fleets from Norway, Italy, USA, Australia, Netherlands, Sweden and France. ..

There is always an award for the oldest boat sailing in the ARC, and it looks like a tie-breaker for 2012. Both Peter von Seestermuhe (GER), owned by long-term ARC-supporter Christoph von Reibnitz and Peter Brownsell's Peregrin (GBR) were built in 1936. ..

If you want to join the wait list, you will need to pay the boat entry fee in full. We can't guarantee you a place, but will give a full refund if we can't get you into ARC2012.

News articles from World Cruising Club: ARC

Event Information for World Cruising Club: ARC

Last year's Rally:

Last edited by PCP; 01-13-2014 at 06:38 AM.
post #2170 of 6763 Old 03-27-2012
Senior Moment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Uau!!!!! don't miss this one, From NZ, some days ago on the BMW Auckland regatta:

The footage of the Vodaphone trimaran flying TWO hulls was spectacular - talk about sailing on the edge of disaster!

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.