Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010

myocean is on a distinguished road
New Pictures... Pogo 12.50

see Pogo 12.50 - Nautisme et Plaisance en Finistère

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-27-2010

...and have you heard about Pogo 50?

"Trois cabines, deux salles de bain,"
15,2 m
8,6 t

Voiles et Voiliers : Chantier - Croisière «No limit» !

Will this become reality?
Old 09-28-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Yes I believe so. They are making it because there are sailors that want a boat like that at a price they can pay. There are some 50 fast boats but they cost huge amounts of money. The idea is making one of those at half the price (or less).

These one will have doors , not only on the head but also on the cabins. I still think that the 12.50 should have doors and not only in the head

Some drawings of the Pogo 50ft::

Regarding the 12.50, Voile Magazine was the first to mini test the boat.

They say about it: "The boat is easy and very fast offering a functional but seductive interior".

The wind was blowing between 16 and 18K and the boat was making 8.15 close to the wind (45º to the true wind) and 14k downwind.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 09-28-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
paulo,

Have you seen or read the UK Yachting article from sept on the elan 350? saw that edition here local today, picked it up, hope it was worth the about twice what it goes for in Europe! has a few other BOTY boats in it too. either way, should be a good read I hope!

marty
Old 09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I still think that the 12.50 should have doors and not only in the head
Yes, you are absolutely right. Lightness is nice but doors help a lot for quality of life.

What Voile Magazine wrote sounds good.

Ulf
Old 09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
paulo,

Have you seen or read the UK Yachting article from sept on the elan 350? saw that edition here local today, picked it up, hope it was worth the about twice what it goes for in Europe! has a few other BOTY boats in it too. either way, should be a good read I hope!

marty
I hope you like it. It is one of the best, but I think you would like it more Voile magazine or Voile et voiliers, but unfortunately (for you) they are in French .

I believe you are talking about "Yachting World"? Yes I have read that test. Yachting World is one of the best in what concerns boat tests and has a good balance between cruising and racing. The French ones also, but have more racing and more fast boats (British, in what regards sailing, are the most conservative among the Europeans).

If you like it you can have it at 40% of what it costs in England if you download it on Zinio. By the way, Cruising World, Sail magazine and Sailing are almost for free on Zinio. They don't have "Blue Water sailing" and that's a shame cause that's the one I prefer among the American magazines

Yachting World|Subscribe | Zinio Digital Magazines and Books

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 09-29-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
If you like it you can have it at 40% of what it costs in England if you download it on Zinio. By the way, Cruising World, Sail magazine and Sailing are almost for free on Zinio. They don't have "Blue Water sailing" and that's a shame cause that's the one I prefer among the American magazines
Paulo, you are really incredible. You are SO up to date with everything. Not only you have a great overview about the to boats and some you have already tested, no you even use things like Zinio. I just discovered Zinio 4 weeks ago when I bought an iPad.

However: One of the first magazines I purchased in Zinio was "Blue Water Sailing". Check again, it is there!

Apart from the prices a big advantage of Zinio is that you get the magazines at any time. Even at places where a print version of a foreign magazine would be difficult to get. So I purchased "Voile Magazine" yesterday after your hint and made my wife to read it (I don't understand lots of french)

Regards,
Ulf

Last edited by myocean; 09-29-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
SOunds like I need to check out Zinio for some of the rags I read. altho, if it is in eletronic format, does not help the paper version on the bedside to read myself to sleep!LOL

Marty
Old 09-30-2010

Xp 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post

However: One of the first magazines I purchased in Zinio was "Blue Water Sailing". Check again, it is there!

Apart from the prices a big advantage of Zinio is that you get the magazines at any time. Even at places where a print version of a foreign magazine would be difficult to get. ....

Regards,
Ulf
Thanks Ulf...and you are right about Zinio and Blue Water Sailing.

Here it is:

Blue Water Sailing |Subscribe | Revistas e livros digitais do Zinio

You know, BWS was one of the first magazine to have a digital version but it was not on Zinio but on some very unfriendly software (I have forgotten the name). Several years ago I have signed it for about two years before given up: It was just to difficult to read. I had suggested them to change to Zinio and I am happy they did, but I believe they have done that only recently.

About boats, there is a new interesting one coming in, the new X-Yachts Xp 44.

Now they call to their more cruising oriented boats Xc and the Cruiser-Racers Xp.

They say about it:

"Innovative design features throughout ensure that the Xp 44 will be a pleasure to sail both in racing and cruising mode.

.....The new Xp 44 will have significantly higher stability.

The latest techniques in both design and construction have been utilised to achieve significant weight savings compared to the previous model, the trend setting X-43, which the Xp 44 replaces.

Of all the structural weight saved, around 1250 kg has been used to increase the weight of the large T-bulb, while the other weigh savings have been used to reduce the overall displacement of the yacht by an additional half a tonne.
The consequence for the Xp 44 design is a 15% reduction in displacement relative to its length whilst absolute stability has increased by 20%.

The Xp 44 will be very competitive under both IRC and ORC. Building on the unrivalled reputation of X-Yachts, the Xp 44 features a new carbon/composite keel grillage, providing an even greater ratio of strength and stiffness to weight. Further weight reduction together with increased rigidity is made possible through use of the latest epoxy E-Glass vacuum infusion processes.

....The Xp 44 wil make her debut early in 2011 and the first series of 10 units are being offered for an introduction price of € 284,000 (ex VAT)."

Xp 44

X-Yachts Corporate site

Well, I am sure it is going to be a great boat and I like the hull design, but I don't like the aesthetics. Maybe I am turning conservative on this one, but I don't like the white interior (galley) and I don't like the outside design.

Maybe because I just loved too much the old X 43 .

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-03-2010

Presto 30

This is an innovative one and its an American boat. If it was a car, it would be a light and versatile SUV. He can do everything, from grounding on a beach, to be trailed by a car and to go out there on the ocean.

That's a Rodger Martin design. Rodger Martin is a South African that as been living for a long time in the States is one of most creative American boat designers. I really don't understand why American boatbuilders don't use more his talents.

The boat is the Presto 30 manufactured by Ryder boats and I doubt that there is a simpler boat to sail.

Presto 30 by Ryder Boats By Paul Cronin On ExposureRoom

Ryder Boats Home

Thorfinn Expeditions - The Presto 30

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:31 PM.