Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjung View Post
I must say, I really like the Comfortina 39. Looks like a nice offshore suitable interior, and the exterior is pleasantly non-euro styled. She even sports dorade vents. She also seems to sail well. I can only find a 2m draft version on their site. Do they offer a shoal keel option? How is the pricing compared to HR372 or Salona38?
As far as Puma goes, it seems they are staying close to the eastern wall of the Gulf Stream, maybe in the hopes of a favorable current, maybe they know something we don't....
I knew you would like this one. And you have reason to like it. They use to be at Dusseldorf and I can promise you that you are going to be impressed.

Regarding the keel this is a semi-custom boat and they probably can do a version with a smaller draft…but they are not going to like because they like fast boats.

Regarding price this boat in quality of interior finish is on the same league as the Halberg -Rassy. I can even say that I like more the interior of this boat.

The price is much nearer the one of a Rassy than the one of the Salona 38. The boat is a 39ft so it is possible that it will cost around the price of the HR 375. Last time I looked at the price, three years ago, it was around 226 000 euros. Off course, than you can join about 40 000 euros of extras and I would say that for us (with 20% VAT) it should cost a bit more than 300 000 €.

It would be slightly less expensive than a HR or a Malo of the same size.

About the VOR I could say I hate to be right, but that would not be true.

Even Puma recognized it was on the wrong track because now is on the same course as Groupama, after losing more 10Nm. But they had taken the right option. If they had persisted on that course they would have been overtaken by Telefonica.

Now it is time for Puma to win some miles over Groupama on the night. After that Groupama is going to win again over Puma. The problem is that I think probably Telefonica is also going to win over Puma. Interesting

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 05-21-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-22-2012

Mr W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Nice boats but a bit dated especially the Route 66.
Hi Paulo,

Yes indeed a bit outdated, but very futuristic for beeing an early 90s boat!

There were no Aspect 40 in this weekends regatta so I can´t share any info regarding performance, although the B&R 38 dropped by one night for a social visit!

We finished in 4th place after 4 days of racing with my brothers Arcona 340, a bit disappointing since we were in the lead after 3 days

//Mr W
Old 05-22-2012

Re: Aventura 43 (and 28)

Quote:
Then they made the Aventura 33...that I did not like. A bit like all the other fat cruising cats that I do not appreciate but now they propose the Aventura 43, an Offshore cat designed by Defline one of the most talented young French NAs.
I read a boat review of the Aventura 33 a year ago or so, and it apparently was not a very fast boat. Sure hope the new 43 is faster!

//Mr W
Old 05-22-2012

Re: Code 0 and Comfortina 39

Quote:
The movie show also how well the Comfortina 39 sails in light winds. We have talked already about this German boat that is one of my preferred among the more traditional boats.
Paulo, the Comfortinas are actually swedish boats...

//Mr W
Old 05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W View Post
Paulo, the Comfortinas are actually swedish boats...

//Mr W
Well, you are right about that but...

The Comfortina will be built in Sweden, more specifically at the COMFORTBÅTAR AB in Gothenburg Kullavik close. The shipyard was founded in 1964 by Kennet Albinson and has rapidly developed into one of the leading yacht manufacturers in Scandinavia. ...

We, the COMFORT-YACHTS Germany GmbH & Co KG have, since 1988 a significant influence on the construction of Comfortina series. Direct contact with the boat builders, and our influence on the production and their quality means ... that we can meet your many of your wishes and ideas in the construction.

Fact is that you cannot even fin an internet page of the shipyard in Swedish (or at least I can't) and certainly the main page is a Deutsche one. I have talked about the boat with some German's and if they don't own the factory, at least they give that impression

Regards

Paulo
Old 05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W View Post

We finished in 4th place after 4 days of racing with my brothers Arcona 340, a bit disappointing since we were in the lead after 3 days

//Mr W
Nice anyway. The Arcona 340 is a nice boat...a bit on the heavy side for racing but certainly a great performance cruiser.

Regards

Paulo
Old 05-22-2012

Quote:
Now it is time for Puma to win some miles over Groupama on the night. After that Groupama is going to win again over Puma. The problem is that I think probably Telefonica is also going to win over Puma. Interesting
Right again on both things. Puma won over Groupama but Telefónica won also over Puma and is on top of it.

Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Race Data Center

Telefonica should be able to gain some more miles over Puma and Puma will also won some few over Groupama and then things should stabilize and it will be time for another tactical move...and we never know who is not going to follow the pack, I mean Groupama.

Things have been interesting last night:

The Volvo Ocean Race fleet found themselves in survival mode battling their way out of the eye of a violent tropical storm overnight, suddenly caught in lightning and gale force headwinds.

They thought they were lining up for a quick, relatively easy first stage of Leg 7 – but Tropical Storm Alberto had other ideas, quickly changing direction and turning the downwind sailing of Day 1 into a survival situation sailing straight into 35 knots of gale-force winds.

Only leg leaders Groupama escaped, benefitting from an early gybe east, but for the five chasers it was a different matter altogether as Tropical Storm Alberto swallowed them up, raining down lightning bolts all round the fleet.

In his latest blog from Azzam, Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing skipper Ian Walker describes the chaos.

“What a day,” Walker said. “The whole fleet with the exception of Groupama were caught out when the tropical depression Alberta changed course and moved south east over the top of us. We were trying to ride the windshift and extra wind just to the south of it but a violent windshift headed us straight into the eye of the storm.

“There then followed a chaotic 12-hour period as we ended up on the wrong side of it beating upwind in 35 knots. All of a sudden instead of a fast ride east to the south of the storm we were right in it and in survival mode with three reefs and a heavy weather jib.

"We came off some terrible waves but most worrying of all was the lightning. The lightning was crashing all around right down to the water and it didn’t seem possible our carbon mast could avoid a direct strike."
Old 05-22-2012

Quote:
Fact is that you cannot even fin an internet page of the shipyard in Swedish (or at least I can't) and certainly the main page is a Deutsche one. I have talked about the boat with some German's and if they don't own the factory, at least they give that impression
I think they only give that impression... Välkommen till Comfortbåtar

//Mr W
Old 05-22-2012

Quote:
Nice anyway. The Arcona 340 is a nice boat...a bit on the heavy side for racing but certainly a great performance cruiser.
I must admit the boat is actually surprisingly fast for weighing this much. For example, we were only 25 seconds slower than a brand new Dufour 36E Performance (ok, not a light boat either) (see attached pic, sorry for low res!) pimped out with square top main, skippered by Anna Drougge (whitbread + volvo ocean race sailor and swedish match race champion). Total time for us was just over 11 hours during 4 days.

//Mr W
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Sailboats-img_1607-320x2131.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012

okyalos is on a distinguished road

Dear Sailors
I am glad to find this site since the information nested here are valuable. Although i thought i knew everything about yachting, i was pleasantly suprised to learn about yacht perfectly strange to Cyprus, such as JPK, Mylius, Heol,NM, and all the other gems.
I personally prefer racing and i am considering a 35-40 cruiser racer but decision is not foreseen to be easy

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.