Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1252Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012

APP Mode is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

I am trying to find coments about LEGEND YACHTS : Legend Yachts UK Dealers

Is there any post here?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2012

nemier is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Interesting Sailboats

New Catamaran - Aeroyacht Alpha 42
by Gregor Tarjan.

Built in US of A.

Check it out.

Photo Gallery - Aeroyacht

I got my eye on it
Old 05-30-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vor70

Another great movie:

Groupama has been the fastest boat and it is finally at only 10Nm from Abu Dhabi that has lost not much to Puma. Camper and Telefonica are now the fastest boats and are winning to everybody. They are all making between 12 and 14K. In an hour or two they will be happy if they can make 7 or 8 k and the chances are that some of the boats will get in trouble during the night with no available wind.

That is going to be an interesting night for us but a terrible night for some of those guys.
Old 05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APP Mode View Post
I am trying to find coments about LEGEND YACHTS : Legend Yachts UK Dealers

Is there any post here?
No, sorry about that.

Legend Yachts are the British Hunters:

Hunter Marine products [branded as Legend Yachts in the U.K.] are distributed throughout the world in over 50 countries in Europe, North and South America, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim region. So, whatever part of the planet you cruise, you’re sure to meet others who are sharing the experience of enjoying sailing the Hunter/Legend way.

They are known to use twin keels instead of the wing keel for having a low draft.

I would look on this forum for more information:

Hunter Legend 36 - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Hunter/Legend question...... - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Hunter Legend 40.5 - have you sailed one? - Yachting and Boating World Forums

Legend v Jeanneau - Yachting and Boating World Forums

If you really search you will find lots of information.

I guess that around here, in what regards twin keels, we prefer the RM

Regards

Paulo
mitiempo likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 05-31-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-30-2012

Aeroyacht Alpha 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemier View Post
New Catamaran - Aeroyacht Alpha 42
by Gregor Tarjan.

Built in US of A.

Check it out.

Photo Gallery - Aeroyacht

I got my eye on it
Well, you are looking to luxury side of things. This one even have teak decks and that is quite astonishing on a cat

The boat as also some interesting features but I don't like the big freeboard and the windage the big cabin will make. I know if you have a bigger interior space you have to have a big volume over the water...

That is a compromise you have to chose and the boat looks nice and interesting.

http://www.aeroyacht.com/wp-content/...ochure-web.pdf

But I confess that for the same type of boat I like more the Aventura 43

Of course I am talking just over designs. I did not saw or know any of the boats.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 05-30-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2012

Salona 35

I spot a movie with the Salona 35, a very unexpected one.

I knew that Glénans, one of the best sailing schools in Europe had bought several Salona 37 for use as offshore training sailboats but did not knew that they had bought one of the new 35…and a custom one since it has only a wheel instead of two.

Stage Glénans - Force Sète à Marseille por pib-66

These guys on Glénans know a lot a boat sailing and sailing boats and it means something that they chose Salona sailboats for offshore training…specially considering they are French

Old 05-31-2012

Vor70

Awesome race. They are all out of the hook in what regards being stuck in that no wind zone and the night winner was Ian Walker on Abu Dhabi that has managed not only not to lose the advantage he had but managed to increased that advantage.

They are at about 200Nm from the finish and their lateral distance is almost 100Nm

But now the fastest boat is again Grupama. They give a 20Nm advantage to Abu Dhabi over Groupama but frankly I don't understand their maths. The real distance seems a lot shorter to me and Puma is also close.

This is going to be a hell of a finish. I guess that in the afternoon I am going to pick my binoculars and I am going to Cabo da Roca to see the final fight live

Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Race Data Center

Last edited by PCP; 05-31-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-31-2012

Vor 70

It would be Abu Dhabi or Groupama to win this one. Both deserve to win in my opinion.

Abu Dhabi is 12Nm closer to the finish but Groupama has a better wind angle and is able to make 1K more. 64Nm to go and that should be about 4 to 5 hours sailing time (they will get weaker winds near Lisbon).

If Abu Dhabi can maintain that 1K deferential in speed they will win with about a 6Nm advantage but on the weaker winds probably the better angle will get a bigger advantage to Groupama and the difference in speed can be more than 1K.

More difficult to Groupama but not impossible. I am leaving to Lisboa to have a better view

Volvo Ocean Race 2011-2012 | Race Data Center

Old 05-31-2012

CKDexterHaven is on a distinguished road

Paulo--we want pictures!

My podium prediction (looking at the live tracker at 11d 01:07:00):

G4
ADOR
PUMA
Old 06-01-2012

Vor 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKDexterHaven View Post
Paulo--we want pictures!

My podium prediction (looking at the live tracker at 11d 01:07:00):

G4
ADOR
PUMA
Sorry Mate, no pictures

That was an incredible race and I have to say that some of the better parts were raced in slow motion and would be more interesting to follow in the computer than in real time, particularly that last fight for 4th place between Camper and Telefonica. It was in so slow motion that sometimes they even went backwards with the tide and river flow.

In a way it was a bit not too fair for Telefonica that managed to recover on the last 50Nm 12Nm to Camper. Finaly Telefonica overtook Camper at the river mouth and then the wind disappeared and both boats started an excruciating slow motion race on the river Tejo going upwind and sometimes going backwards with the tide. That was a bit of a lottery, it took several hours to make just a few miles, both boats had the lead for several times and in the end Camper took it.

Regarding the first place I have mixed feelings: Ian Walker resilience to resist for many days to Puma attacks was great. Also the fight they put against Groupama was admirably but notwithstanding that the fact is that Groupama had recovered to Puma on the last 100Nm 18Nm and on the last 50Nm 11Nm, finishing at just 0.4Nm from Puma. That distance is so small that almost for sure if they had not sustained a breakdown the might before, having 1.5T of water sloshing around on the boat and losing speed on account of that, they would have won this race.

An that was the second time since on Itajai leg, had they not broken their mast they would have probably won that race too, race that they finished third under Jury rig.

So, congratulations to Abu Dhabi and Ian Walker for this great victory, one that he deserved already after winning several in port races and congratulations to frank Cammas and Groupama for a well deserved lead on this race.

Contrary to the other teams, Cammas team is composed mostly of Rookies to this race. Some are much more experienced as solo sailors as team crew players. We can say that they have taken their time to perfect their team work but in the space of some months the passed the status of rookies to the status of one of the Favorites for the final victory.

A final word for Puma. They have made a great job at the middle of the race and at that time they were in hot pursuit of Abu Dhabi and it seemed they were going to catch it....and then they start the recovering and start even losing time, not only to Abu Dhabi but also to everybody. They were overtook by Groupama. Telefonica and Camper almost got them. They enter the mouth of the river with less than 2Nm advantage and on the last 50Nm of the race they lost almost 25Nm toTelefonica.

That is too bad to be only due to strategic errors and I assume they have problems with the remaining sails or with sail condition and that can be crippling for the rest of the race. Does anybody now something about this?

The race is better than never. With Telefonica at only 3 points from Groupama, Puma at 9 points from Telefonica and Camper at also 9 points from Puma, everything can still happen in this race and the one that is going to win it is still very much unknown. HOT!!!

DiasDePlaya likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 06-01-2012 at 07:35 AM.