Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2012

Mr W is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi W,

It seems to me that the Dragonfly 32 is too expensive for you and I find the 28 a bit cramped for cruising.

Have a look at this one:

Advancecruising C329 Trimaran Repliable Transportable Aluminium

Aluminum Carbon boat with enough space for cruising. Interesting concept. Not as fast as the 28 but maybe fast enough at a very interesting price.

Regards

Paulo
Hi Paulo,

I hadn´t seen that one yet! Very interesting concept, but for me I think a bit to slow. It weighs more than the DF 32 but has less sail area than the 28...

I still have my motorboat, it´s not a good market for selling at the time. Hey, if your interested I´ll make you a good deal!!

//Mr W
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-29-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Outremer 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
Hi Guys!
I like to let you know that we finally purchased a our fast bluewater cruiser. See below...
This is a used Outremer 50. 8.5 tons, 0.7 m draft and lots of space.
How!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myocean View Post
Our voyage will start next April... Until then we will do some work on this boat.
How!!!!

Please keep us posted

Best of luck to you your wife and the new boat. Fair winds.

Best regards

Paulo
Old 08-29-2012

Sirius 32

Hi Lazlo,

Sirius is not a common boat. It is a unique boat and it is made in Germany on a small familiar Shipyard. It is a family shipyard and a family tradition (first the father, now the son).

They sell boats to everywhere, including Japan and they have ways of making the warranty of their boats to be true even without a dealer. They are expensive boats but if money is not a problem and that’s the boat you want the best advice I can get you is to go to the Dusseldorf boat show and have a talk with them. I mean, not dealers but the builders father and the son. Who knows if they are not interested in having the boat on display on one of the major American boat shows (west coast) and pay most of the expenses to ship the boat.

Now in what regards to be nice not to fly to Europe, particularly to the Dusseldorf boat show, I cannot agree with you:

Dusseldorf is a nice city with many other nice cities at a short distance by train, the beer is great and the boat show is just awesome.

Regards

Paulo
Old 08-30-2012

myocean is on a distinguished road
Re: Outremer 50

Quote:
Please keep us posted
Best of luck to you your wife and the new boat. Fair winds.
Yes, I will.

Here the official website of this boat - still online even though it is out of production. The 55 and 55 model are nearly identical, just the stern is extended for the longer one. The "light" version is less wide and has a smaller saloon.

Outremer Catamaran - Our Catamarans - Outremer 55 standard

Last edited by myocean; 08-30-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2012

pogo1250easy is on a distinguished road
Pogo 12.50

If anyone interested, here is our blog where we share our impressions on our new Pogo 12.50 cruiser just built this summer:
Pogo 12.50 Easy
There are also pictures of several sister ships to our boat.
PCP and EricKLYC like this.
Old 08-30-2012

Mr W is on a distinguished road
Re: Pogo 12.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo1250easy View Post
If anyone interested, here is our blog where we share our impressions on our new Pogo 12.50 cruiser just built this summer:
Pogo 12.50 Easy
There are also pictures of several sister ships to our boat.
Hehe, funny, I discovered your blog four hours ago

I tried to comment but don´t have a google account nor any of the other required account types. So let me put the comments here:

Sweeeet boat! Please post some more videos and also write some comments on boatspeed/windspeed/windangle/sailsetup. Would be really interesting to here more about this boat and its performance.

I´m still waiting for Eric to comment on the boatspeed etc from his boat, allways good to have info from two sources!

Cheers!

//Mr W
Old 08-30-2012

G1000 is on a distinguished road
Re: Pogo 12.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo1250easy View Post
If anyone interested, here is our blog where we share our impressions on our new Pogo 12.50 cruiser just built this summer: Pogo 12.50 Easy There are also pictures of several sister ships to our boat.
Nik, million thanks and keep posting

Eric, would be great you could summarize your experience?
Old 08-31-2012

APP Mode is on a distinguished road
Re: Sirius 32

Quote:
Hi Lazlo,

Sirius is not a common boat. It is a unique boat and it is made in Germany on a small familiar Shipyard. It is a family shipyard and a family tradition (first the father, now the son).

They sell boats to everywhere, including Japan and they have ways of making the warranty of their boats to be true even without a dealer. They are expensive boats but if money is not a problem and that’s the boat you want the best advice I can get you is to go to the Dusseldorf boat show and have a talk with them. I mean, not dealers but the builders father and the son. Who knows if they are not interested in having the boat on display on one of the major American boat shows (west coast) and pay most of the expenses to ship the boat.

Now in what regards to be nice not to fly to Europe, particularly to the Dusseldorf boat show, I cannot agree with you:

Dusseldorf is a nice city with many other nice cities at a short distance by train, the beer is great and the boat show is just awesome.

Regards

Paulo
There are direct flights from US to Dusseldorf with some german airlines, like Lufthansa and AirBerlin. And some north american airlines do so.
Old 09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by APP Mode View Post
There are direct flights from US to Dusseldorf with some german airlines, like Lufthansa and AirBerlin. And some north american airlines do so.
I will be there next year...all right I have already a boat but still love sailboats and Dusseldorf is the place to have a look at new trends on sailboats. I know the place and it is a great place with great beer and food, so guys if you want to join me, first round of beer is on me

I am still discovering my boat.While I am waiting for my set of kevlar sails to be repaired (after having waisted them in a blow) I have only a small dracon jib (all right I have also a big geenaker but am afraid to host it for the first time with the only help of my wife, I am waiting for my kids for the first try). But with that small jib I still sail without the engine and today I have done 7,5k with 18/20K wind at 40 degrees (all apparent wind).

I find out that the boat sails very well with just a small front sail (now have to convince my wife that the main sail is also needed). With 10k wind and just that little sail the boat can make over 5K). I never thought I could have fun with the boat handicapped to just that small sail, but I have not only had fun as I have learned a lot.

By the way while I am waiting for the repaired sails, I have been sailing in a fantastic placed, an interior sea that you enter in Preveza, the Amvrakikos golf: Incredible place, no tourism, almost no sailboats and the wind works like a clock: From 2 to 7 PM 18 to 20 K , always W/NW, after that no real wind till 2 PM next day. Just perfect for me with some small nice places with very nice prices and with very few tourists. I am sending this from one of them, Vonitsa : a great meal with wine, coffee and ouzo included by 10 euros.

This contrasts greatly with Croatia: not only you don't pay the anchorages as, several times, mine was the only boat there and when there were more boats (never more than three) they were separeted by 300m, at least. Nice

Regards

Paulo
Old 09-04-2012

FrodeS is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I know the place and it is a great place with great beer and food, so guys if you want to join me, first round of beer is on me

Careful now Paulo, there are a lot of people reading this thread!

Thank you for starting and maintaining this thread. It is most enjoyable and I am learning something new every time I stop by. Many of us already have a perfectly good boat, but we are still allowed some "window shopping." I must admit that there are many tempting choices out there, so one never knows what might happen in the future.

Enjoy your sailing!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.