Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Wow ... anchoring could be something of a problem but for a daysailor ... oh yes.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-11-2012

crwber is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone for all you have contributed to this thread. Next year, we are back in the hunt for a new boat and so many different ideas have come up in all of these posts. Trying to find the ultimate short-handed cruiser racer is a challenge, but many contenders appear here. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2012

daviid is on a distinguished road
Re: Bavaria cruiser 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
New boat from Bavaria, substituting one of the most popular boats of their line, the 32/33.

The 32/33 was a great boat with lots of interior space and relatively fast. This one as about the same weight and ballast ratio of the previous model but the underbody keel and ruder are more modern and efficient. It looks good to me: a lot of boat for the money.

Hi Paulo

Busy cruising the Croatian islands and took your tip to visit the Elephite islands. Anchored out in Sipanski Luka on the island of Sipan opposite Sudurad. Great place to visit.

The new BAvaria design is the first Bavaria that I could actually like aesthetically. The boat looks as if it has been designed by Beneteau, Jeanneau or Hanse

A huge improvement looks wise to the current cruiser range. Personally I don't know what Farr was thinking with all this ports and hatches on the current range.

All the best
Old 09-21-2012

Mr W is on a distinguished road
Infiniti 36GT

DSS (dynamic stability system) has been mentioned here before. Here is the latest boat to incorporate this system, the Infinity 36GT. Looks sweet! The boats that use DSS usually have narrow or at least not very wide hulls. Paolo, what do you think about putting a system like this on a boat like the Pogo, but with less ballast? It would still have good initial stability thanks to the wide hull, and when the wind speed and boat speed increase, the DSS foil would kick in with its extra RM. The foil would be really far out from the center line and therefore have really good effect. I´m just babbling here, really don´t know what I´m talking about

//Mr W
PCP likes this.
Old 09-30-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Infiniti 36GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W View Post
DSS (dynamic stability system) has been mentioned here before. Here is the latest boat to incorporate this system, the Infinity 36GT. Looks sweet! The boats that use DSS usually have narrow or at least not very wide hulls. Paolo, what do you think about putting a system like this on a boat like the Pogo, but with less ballast? It would still have good initial stability thanks to the wide hull, and when the wind speed and boat speed increase, the DSS foil would kick in with its extra RM. The foil would be really far out from the center line and therefore have really good effect. I´m just babbling here, really don´t know what I´m talking about

//Mr W
Yes I agree!!! It looks very promising and I cannot see why it should not work. With that you get righting moment without using ballast and contrary to ballast generated righting moment, that remains constant with heeling, this one increases with speed and only needs a very small amount of heel to be generated. Speed is the increasing factor, not heeling.

I hope the system proves itself on the race course and if it really works it would be a really major breakthrough in sail design.

Regards

Paulo
Old 09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwber View Post
Thank you everyone for all you have contributed to this thread. Next year, we are back in the hunt for a new boat and so many different ideas have come up in all of these posts. Trying to find the ultimate short-handed cruiser racer is a challenge, but many contenders appear here. Thanks!
Hi, welcome to the thread.

There is not a ultimate short-handed cruiser racer, that is for sure. It all depends of what you want to do with the boat but surely there are some that are better than others at least in some situations.

I have been busy on the last weeks, first sailing the boat from Greece to Rome (Fumicino) and then preparing it for the winter time, but I am back home at winter quarters and I will be more active on this thread.

Soon I will post some comments that you may find interesting. I guess that in 3 months sailing some thousands of miles with my new boat in an area that have one of the biggest density of sail boats have permitted to compare the performance of my boat ( that I think is typical of that kind of boat) with many other types and I got some surprises, not all good but certainly interesting.

Best regards

Paulo
Mr W likes this.
Old 10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
Parabens pelo barcão novo Paulo!

Very nice boat!
Olá! Obrigado Só agora é que vi o teu post.

Barcão it is not the right word I guess, barcão is the right word for the Brazilian boat I found out in Tropea: an Amel with more than 50ft. That is a barcão

Nice couple with a kid; we sail out from Tropea the same day, bound to Cetraro stay there side by side and have a nice chat. We were both going North but the Amel was faster motoring and they stayed in Marinas while we prefer to stay on anchor so we went on separate routes from there. That's the first time I spoke Portuguese in almost 4 months

Regards

Paulo
copacabana likes this.
Old 10-01-2012

Elephite Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviid View Post
Hi Paulo

Busy cruising the Croatian islands and took your tip to visit the Elephite islands. Anchored out in Sipanski Luka on the island of Sipan opposite Sudurad. Great place to visit.

Hey David, I am glad you have liked it. Well I know that is out of topic, but what the hell, this thread is also about beautiful things, so some pictures for the guys to understand what we are talking about

Regards

Paulo
HMoll, bjung and daviid like this.
Old 10-02-2012

Code 0 by Black Pepper

Talking about beauty, I had already posted about this daysailer, one of the boats that had impress me more on the Paris boat show, this one:

Now take a look at this movie and see how beautiful and fun can be a sailboat

MOVIE:

http://tv.yacht.de/video/Code-0%253A...80b8e53b4673e9

Last edited by PCP; 10-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-02-2012

Mod70

Hey guys, are you following this?

I am catching up and this one seems terrific.

European Tour 2012 - European Tour 2012