Interesting Sailboats - Page 29 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 6763 Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
PCP

Paulo's boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Anywho, your design I like. Being picky I'd move the stove away from the bulhead and the f'ward cabin is not much more than a bed is it ? I'd move the accomodations aft, giving the space lost in the sail locker and quarter cabin to the f'wrd cabin. I don't need lavish guest accomodation so give me the space and cramp them up...hee hee.
You know, on such a small interior like the one in a boat personal tastes and needs will make always a difference. The stove is on that place to maximize the head counter and have the max working space for cooking (we like to cook) . A corner is also the best place to catch fumes vapors and smells and I would have installed there a small device to take them out. That's also the place we had it on the Bavaria and we like it and are used to have it on that place. It would not be really next to the bulkhead, but about 10 cms away (the stove is purposely oversized on the drawing).

About the forward cabin, yes it is just a bed with a long row of small wardrobes on top, but it would be a big and large bed (with a big sit on the middle) (I am big). You cannot have everything (always compromises) and I needed the space for having the large salon and large galley, not to mention the pilot house space and a decent cockpit. For storing clothes there are 3 big wardrobes on the back of the boat (and if needed there are space for more), and space under the front bed (drawers). The boat has an overall big storage capacity.

For me your solution would not have worked cause the big quarter cabin is not for guests, but for the kids . It has space for two and a small kid ( the boat would have space for 7 adults and one kid, not counting that small kid).

A boat has such a small space that everybody should have one designed accordingly to its requirements. That´s why I have designed that one

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 6763 Old 10-13-2010
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
You know, on such a small interior like the one in a boat personal tastes and needs will make always a difference. The stove is on that place to maximize the head counter and have the max working space for cooking (we like to cook) . A corner is also the best place to catch fumes vapors and smells and I would have installed there a small device to take them out. That's also the place we had it on the Bavaria and we like it and are used to have it on that place. It would not be really next to the bulkhead, but about 10 cms away (the stove is purposely oversized on the drawing).

About the forward cabin, yes it is just a bed with a long row of small wardrobes on top, but it would be a big and large bed (with a big sit on the middle) (I am big). You cannot have everything (always compromises) and I needed the space for having the large salon and large galley, not to mention the pilot house space and a decent cockpit. For storing clothes there are 3 big wardrobes on the back of the boat (and if needed there are space for more), and space under the front bed (drawers). The boat has an overall big storage capacity.

For me your solution would not have worked cause the big quarter cabin is not for guests, but for the kids . It has space for two and a small kid ( the boat would have space for 7 adults and one kid, not counting that small kid).

A boat has such a small space that everybody should have one designed accordingly to its requirements. That´s why I have designed that one

Regards

Paulo
Absolutely......no kids here so for us maximise owners cabin, allowance made for the occasional guest or two and of course decent sea berths which because they are used so infrequently should serve two roles, as in settees if in the main cabin.

Interesting point about the stove. For me, as someone who also enjoys to cook , I like to have a bit of bench space on both sides of the stove.

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #283 of 6763 Old 10-13-2010 Thread Starter
PCP

Diva 38

Quote:

I had a chat (virtually speaking) with BP about the LM45 and he said that he'd have preferred a more modern underbody but that was what the client wanted. If you look at some of the boats that BP has designed in recent years they have a much more modern underwater shape.

I'm not wishing to start a US v the rest of world brouhaha but it seems that in the main they are a pretty conservative people in many ways.

Yes, the American cruising market is a very conservative one.

Take for instance the Diva 38. It is a Swedish boat designed and built by Bernt Lindquist 12 years ago. The boat seems as modern as on the day it was designed. Quite the opposite, with most American boats.

Köpa Segelbåt & Motorbåt - Båttillverkare - Bavaria & Fabola Sverige

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:56 PM.
post #284 of 6763 Old 10-13-2010
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yes, the American cruising market is a very conservative one.
Take for instance the Diva 38. It is a Swedish boat designed and built by Bernt Lindquist 12 years ago. The boat seems as modern as on the day it was designed. Quite the opposite, with most American boats.
Paulo
Beautiful. Simply lovely. Hate the curved seating though. I do not understand why anybody would have a curved settee in a sailing boat. Useless as a berth, only good for when you have a horde of people on board. Glorious galley, superb carpentry.

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #285 of 6763 Old 10-13-2010
Just another Moderator

That is one pretty boat all around... and I'll manage to live with those gorgeous curves!

Beautiful, Paulo.... keep 'em coming

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #286 of 6763 Old 10-13-2010

I like curves, especially wen they are in the 32-22-32 type form......ooops......are we talking women, or boat/yachts females? either way, curves are nice!

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #287 of 6763 Old 10-14-2010
Just another Moderator

With the Diva there are two good 'doubles' and that clever 'bunk bed' cabin aft... any more than 6 on board would be a bit much... so I think the curved settees are less of an issue as far as the berthage goes... mind you I suppose they're not great sea berths if you're planning offshore....

Ron

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
post #288 of 6763 Old 10-14-2010 Thread Starter
PCP

Diva 35 movie test

Quote:
Beautiful. Simply lovely. Hate the curved seating though. I do not understand why anybody would have a curved settee in a sailing boat. Useless as a berth, only good for when you have a horde of people on board. Glorious galley, superb carpentry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
With the Diva there are two good 'doubles' and that clever 'bunk bed' cabin aft... any more than 6 on board would be a bit much... so I think the curved settees are less of an issue as far as the berthage goes... mind you I suppose they're not great sea berths if you're planning offshore....
Hey guys, this is a clever boat with an incredibly workmanship. That curved seating is really a good sea berth . You have to be patient and look through this movie (the guy talks a lot...and in Swedish), and you will see how. The boat is not the 38, but a new 35 (also a very nice one) but the system is the same, on the 38 and 35. You are going to be amazed

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.
post #289 of 6763 Old 10-14-2010
Just another Moderator

I like.... any idea on the cost?

Ron

post #290 of 6763 Old 10-15-2010 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
I like.... any idea on the cost?
Just an idea : Expensive

This is the kind of boat that is made the way the designer wants it without taking any costs into consideration. I guess that someone that is on the market for a Halberg Rassy, a Malo, or a Najad, about this size and want a faster, more exclusive and seaworthy boat that would be admired everywhere, should take this one into consideration. I believe the price would not differ that much.

Regards

Paulo
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.