Like Tree1265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010

COOL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post

New boat. What you think about it guys?

I like it.
The hull form is reminicent of the Elliott 9m from 1991.
The interior is a little bit angular and Ikea looking.
I can't quite figure out that backstay arrangement,
and what is up with those helmsman planks?
Old 11-05-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Hey Marty...

EVOSION » Feature

I'm thinking front opening fridge almost opposite the stove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Paulo,

For how I sail etc, how does one say "PUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRFECT!" the cockpit layout, fantastic. Interior, I can see some fixes, but I am being nit picky to the nth degree!

I can not see a true floorplan drawing, but I am pretty sure I could draw out the floorplan if need be. I do not see an ice chest or equal. That is the only thing I picture wrong. With that, I am sure it is there, but it's the where!

I could live quite happily with that boat for a good many years. Interior looks big enough to suit my wife. Its quick. I could cruise it here in the salish sea, ie puget sound north to BC islands etc. If I wanted to do a circumnav of Vancouver Island I could, or up to Alaska on the inside passage.........

Looks sailable with 1 or 2 folks easy enough, everything gets to the helms man for the most part, 2 folks could easily sail it.......perfect keeps coming up. I definetly have a new favorite boat. Now to show to spouse!

I have to admit, from a cost point, the new 1st 35 would be my choice at this moment.........but this Evosion........ droools......

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-05-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Looks like a great sailing platform, but I'm with Cool... the interior is far too angular/Ikea-ish (my beef with some of the new Benes too..) a bit tight/small and that tunnel crawl into the aft berth looks like a head banger to me. Joinery overall is not very nautical/yachtie..

But she'd be a hoot to bang around the buoys!

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 11-06-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Evosion 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL View Post
I like it.
The hull form is reminicent of the Elliott 9m from 1991.
The interior is a little bit angular and Ikea looking.
I can't quite figure out that backstay arrangement,
and what is up with those helmsman planks?
I don't agree with the Elliott comparison. Sure the Elliot 9m was a great boat, but the transom and the way beam is carried backwards make this a completelly diferent design.

I agree about the interior, but for what is close to a racing machine it seems to me a cosy interior, better than the normal "almost" racing boat.

Regarding the backstay, it seems that you have missed one of the most interesting charactheristics of this boat:

"Vivace introduces a twist control system – E-twist. E-twist controls the twister at the top for better control and performance. The deck is kept free of ropes, and the cockpit is large and functional for many uses. Vivace can sail with the cockpit tent held up, with a small terrace astern.

E-Twist - an innovation in the sailing world. Sail twist is one of the main parameters for a sail performance and how the boat sails. E-Twist is a twist control system that makes it possible to control and define the sail twist, how the sail opens. A true twist increases the sail's performance, and improves the boat's sailing characteristics. Reduces drift, heel, and increases traction. Proper twist starts at the top, and decreases continuously down. E-Twist sacrifice a small part of the sail, to make a much bigger part more effective. Subtotal an increased efficacy and a better interaction between the headsail and mainsail. A system that is simple to control, and not least, a boat that is faster and easier to control."

EVOSION » Information

I don't know if the system is as effective as they say, but I can tell you that the sail shape looks terrific:

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-06-2010

Finn Flyer 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
.... the interior is far too angular/Ikea-ish (my beef with some of the new Benes too..) a bit tight/small and that tunnel crawl into the aft berth looks like a head banger to me. Joinery overall is not very nautical/yachtie..

....!
No problem , just for you, a very fast one with a nicer interior (even if slighty less interesting in what regards sailing caracheteristics).

From the land of Swans, the Finn Flyer 34:

Finn Flyer 34 / FF 34

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Fuzzy,

If the ice chest or equal went where you describe, that would be in the engine compartment! Probably NOT a good place for refrigeration of any sort, be it ice, dc/ac powered.

Finn flyer is nice too, reminds me a bit of the Finn Gulf, which I have seen.

Wife would like that one a bit better.

marty
Old 11-06-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

marty

Hell, I like that one better.. Paulo that's the one for me indeed. Interesting with the dark cabin sole.. looks better than I'd have imagined. (Carbon, right? ) Not Catalina 'roomy', but she should sail well enough and keep a first mate satisfied.

This would fit nicely in our existing slip, too, unlike the Luffe 43DS - and might even leave our kids some inheritance too.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 11-06-2010
Needing Apehanger Helm

HDChopper is on a distinguished road
Man you guys are killing me with all these Beautiful boats I could Never Ever have..
I won't look in here anymore
Old 11-06-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Fuzzy,

If the ice chest or equal went where you describe, that would be in the engine compartment! Probably NOT a good place for refrigeration of any sort, be it ice, dc/ac powered.

marty
ah..yes...wheedle your way out of that one rodent.....duh !!!

Finn flyer...lovely interior....very nice indeed.

HDChopper.....hang in there....few of us can afford these goodies but we can dream can't we ?

Fast......have you considered leaving them in a basket outside an orphanage ? Hell, I'd sell the Wombet to get my hands on a Luffe....

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 11-06-2010

Quote:
Fuzzy,

marty
Marty, Finngulf are wonderful boats with great interiors, but the hull from 331 is a bit older in design, the same with the Arcona 34.

The "modern" boat in both ranges is the 43, not that I mind to have a Finngulf 41 or an Arcona 40

http://www.arconayachts.com/index.asp?p=340_Gallery

http://www.finngulf.com/range/fg331/

But there are some others with hull designs as modern as the Finn Flyer and not so expensive even if the interiors are not so good.

Regards

Paulo