Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013

Chimbatete is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Sorry if its been posted but heres a DF32 passing what looks like a Pogo 50. No surprises but still nice to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIAH...ture=endscreen
Old 02-06-2013
A New Adventurer

funjohnson is on a distinguished road

Quiz answer? Guessing an XC 45 or 50, but the port lights don't seem to be right. The styling on the bulkhead (padded white squares) is their design right?
Old 02-06-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Chinese cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjohnson View Post
Quiz answer? Guessing an XC 45 or 50, but the port lights don't seem to be right. The styling on the bulkhead (padded white squares) is their design right?
Nice of you to have tried. Most did no want to risk a guess. No, it it is quite the opposite. The Xc yachts are very expensive top of the range boats this one is a basic cheap boat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
It is made by a big factory, it is a recent boat and it has between 45 and 50ft. What the hell is this?

a HINT: they really need to hire a top interior designer and a very good NA would help too but I guess that you can see that
I guess that pillows and jar on the saloon would give a good hint but it seems that nobody noticed:

This is a CHINESE yacht. Till know they have been made smaller ones but know here they are, making big ones. This is a Farnova 48 and they have also a 52ft.

Farnova Yachts

But they are not the only ones there are even more interesting boats like the Hansheng Sealiner 46:

Bad quality you say? Well, they are the ones that make Passport and Outbound yachts

Who are these guys:

Founded in 1984 as Xiamen Fiberglass Boat Yard, Xiamen Hansheng Yacht Building Co.,Ltd. ... With more than 600 employees, 20 percent of whom are engineers and technicians, the factory has its main site covering an area of 40,000 square meters....

Yacht Building Department

We specialize in the manufacture of offshore sailing cruisers, motor yachts, racing boats. We are building completed yachts for Stevens Custom Yachts, Passport Yachts and Outbound Yachts. ..

Due to the high percentage of engineers and technicians, we are able to handle the complex systems of propulsion, plumbing and electrical associated with luxury yachts. ..

"Honesty, Creativity and Fine Workmanship" are our ideals. Our aim is to deliver the best and continue to improve, in line with international practice and to keep in step with the competition worldwide. We are sincerely looking for dealers and agencies all over the world.

So watch out if you buy an "American" top bluewater boat you are probably buying a Chinese boat and I do not mean only Outbound and Passport. For now the European Industry and in a lesser extent the American one is resisting but this guys are rely a menace and I would not be surprised if in 10 years we would have European brands building in China.

http://www.hanshengyacht.com/en/product.aspx

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 02-06-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-06-2013

Dragonfly 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimbatete View Post
Sorry if its been posted but heres a DF32 passing what looks like a Pogo 50. No surprises but still nice to watch.

Hi, long time without posting, welcome back

Yes it has been posted but that's a great video. I saw the Dragonfly 32 at Dusseldorf: What a great boat.

It has one of the clever interiors I have seen on a sailboat. The dealer saw me looking around and he guessed rightly that I was looking for the refrigerator and he said to me: "Looking for the refrigerator? See if you can find it".....and the truth is that I couldn't. Well it is hidden under the rug (literally). It is on the floor and it is BIG!!

Also the stairs slides effortlessly from one side to another, given passage to the back cabin or allowing space to work on the galley.

This is the best Dragonfly ever the one where they summarized all their vast experience doing fast performance cruisers.

I was very impressed, not my wife that said: "For that price you can have a real cruising boat"

The boat is like a toy, a fascinating one and a toy that can be used for cruising too. Big men's toy and an expensive one but one that I would love to have here for the winter days and short distance cruising.

http://www.trimarans.com/media/62099...est_july12.pdf

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 02-06-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2013

nemier is on a distinguished road

Paulo,
What do you know about Japanese built yachts? I'm sure they must be building but I have not heard of any since the Yamahas and Fuji's.
Old 02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemier View Post
Paulo,
What do you know about Japanese built yachts? I'm sure they must be building but I have not heard of any since the Yamahas and Fuji's.
Nothing..but I don't know if there is something to know about. Chinese seem to be much more into sailing than the Japanese. Remember they even had a boat on the last VOR and on the Mini class you have also a Chinois.

Japanese seem to me more on Motorboats and engines. I could not find on Japan boating Industry association a single sailboat builder.

Japan Boating Industry Association | Official WebSite | Full Members List

Regards

Paulo
Old 02-06-2013

Code8

Lot's of new interesting racers/daysailers on Dusseldorf.

Among them this one:

It seems the boat won the first race it entered. Well, it looks very fast and I am sure it is very fast. It weights only 910kg and 62% of it is ballast

http://www.paugercarbon.com/images/s...ochure_eng.pdf

Last edited by PCP; 02-06-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2013

hannah2 is on a distinguished road

Boy would I love to have that Code 8 here in the great Columbia Gorge to race in the Double Damned race. 42 mile race all down wind against 3 knots of river current. Winds on most race days 20 gusting over 40 and nothing to have consistent 30 plus knots and 6 foot standing waves. HRYC is the club we sail under here in my town of Hood River Oregon USA a very famous windsurfing area. I have raced at 50 knots wind, totally different than 50 knots on open ocean, the river is much more fun.

I think that code 8 would more than do the job.

Hope this link works, if not youtube HRYC Double Damned 2011 VID

Cheers
PCP and EricKLYC like this.

Last edited by hannah2; 02-06-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-06-2013

Vendee Globe

That is one of the things that makes this race special: The Public

Look how they have received the 5th, Jean Le Cam that finally finishes one Vendee Globe:

Jean Le Cam (SynerCiel) finish - Part 2 por VendeeGlobeTV

I will bet that the last, Alessandro, will have as many people waiting for him as Jean. On this race winning is tops, as in any other race, but just finish it is already great and spectators understand and appreciate that.
Old 02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
Boy would I love to have that Code 8 here in the great Columbia Gorge to race in the Double Damned race. 42 mile race all down wind against 3 knots of river current. Winds on most race days 20 gusting over 40 and nothing to have consistent 30 plus knots and 6 foot standing waves. HRYC is the club we sail under here in my town of Hood River Oregon USA a very famous windsurfing area. I have raced at 50 knots wind, totally different than 50 knots on open ocean, the river is much more fun.

I think that code 8 would more than do the job.

Hope this link works, if not youtube HRYC Double Damned 2011 VID

Cheers
I had already saw some of those images but not that movie. Just fantastic.

What a race

Thanks for posting!

Regards

Paulo