Like Tree1265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
Paulo,

Take a look at this one for a tensioner. I'm sorry I have not had one for many years but felt they were the perfect stay sail/solent tensioner. I think it was made by Schaefer. It is Item # 12 on this website

Staysail and inner forestay hardware and quick release fittings from Rigging Only
Thanks.I am not familiar with that model. Here the ones that are used are nļs 13 and 14 (Winchard). I guess Erick uses nļ 13 that is the one that I intend to mount. Just to be sure that is the right size

If I understand well the design the one you point will work well but it will not be as fast as any of the other two and we are talking about a removable stay that will only be mounted in bad weather.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-07-2013

hannah2 is on a distinguished road

Paulo,

I forget you go fast and I'm an old cruiser
Old 02-08-2013

robelz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
Some of you are awaiting pictures and videoís about our first experiences with the Pogo 12.50.
Please excuse me for the clicks, I didnít succeed to obtain embedded codes for this material .
Thanks for your pictures, its an amazing one! Have you ever tried to sail with keel up? I am often limited to 2.00m...
Old 02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah2 View Post
Paulo,

I forget you go fast and I'm an old cruiser
I guess you like to go faster than what you admit other wise you would have stick with the old Manson

I was not referring to boat speed but in easiness and time needed to tension the stay. when I will use it it will be blowing probably 25K so I want to minimize the time I will be at the bow. Fast in this case relates to that.

Regards

Paulo
Old 02-08-2013

Alphena One

Another trend on the European market seems to be the increase of high performance luxury day sailers. I guess that it make sense for someone that has only 3 weeks of holidays a year. He will charter on the nice cruising grounds on the summer and for the week-ends he has a smaller boat that will give pleasure to own, more pleasure to sail and that will cost a tiny fraction of what would cost a big cruising boat in maintenance. Smart move that is being reflected in the number of these boats available on the market.

One of the new boats exposed at Dusseldorf was the Alphena and I will not resist to tell you a funny story:

The boat was exposed at the It yachts near the beautiful It IY 13.98 (same dealer) and I had just finished to visit it with the shipyards owner when I saw the Alphena for the first time. I said to him: "Uau!, that's a Brenta?" He laughed and said to me: "Don't tell nobody but that's just a French copy"

In fact having looked at the boat I have to admit it is a very nice one and not a copy, just the same type of boat: Classical/modern lines, narrow with a lot of ballast on a bulb and most of all beautiful. Have a look:

Alphena One | Alphena Yachts

Old 02-08-2013

LadyHawke 33

Not many small Cats on this thread. Let me post a nice one

Cats as a cruising boat has two problems: prices on marinas and cost, I mean they are expensive. Many are also more about space than performance.

But some can offer space and performance even if for a price. Here we have an interesting one, made in Italy and designed by one of the best Cat designers: Erik Lerouge

The LadyHawke 33 is a very interesting coastal cruiser with good performance and a very interesting interior space. As almost all Cats with this size is a Class B boat even if I have no doubt that is a seaworthy boat regarding what he is designed to do. With 65sqm for 3500kg of weight and relativelly narrow hulls, this will be a fast cruiser.

This boat costs about the same as a 40ft cruiser monohull and can be an interesting option regarding cruising. Have a look:

LadyHawke 33 | Lady Hawke - Eng

SolSailor likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 02-08-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2013

The pink racing boat

Who the hell races a pink boat? The girls, of course

The boat is the ex-Puma. The boat has been modified. The team is sponsored by SCA (SCA team) and it seems that they are for real. The one that is selecting the team is Magnus Olsson a Six-time VOR race veteran and they are already testing.

It seems that the ladies (professional sailors) interest for the project is huge and two groups were formed to select the best and given the names on the first group I guess that the boys are going to have competition (lots of solo sailors).

Some names: Sam Davies (Open60), Jeanne Gregoire (Figaro), Liz Wardley (VOR) and a lot of Girls from Match racing.

I hope the second group is as strong as this one

You can hear Sam Davies talking about the project and the see the first images of the Girls sailing fast:

EricKLYC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-09-2013

Sig 60 and 45

I had posted here about the Sig 45, a Cat that I would love to own:

and now they are presenting the Sig 60. Well, for that one I would trade my house and would be living permanentely on a boat if someone would pay for maintenance and marina costs

Seriously, for the ones that have the money to afford it, what an wonderful boat:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-09-2013

AIS? / Vendee Globe

I have seen in a lot of posts many guys having what I think is an unfounded confidence on the AIS system.

Two collisions on the Vendee Globe and this close call make me very suspicious about AIS efficiency, specially with small fishing boats...and even with some cargos

Alessandro (IT, Team Plastique):

I’m fine. I have between 20 and 25 knots.

Yesterday, I was really scared because of the cargo. I heard my radar, but I wasn’t sure it was a boat, because the radar can ring for many reasons.

I tried several VHF calls until the last minute when I saw it coming out of the fog on my starboard side. We were on a collision course. The cargo was not the AIS system and still did not answer my VHF calls.

During a few moments I was ready for the impact. So I decided to luff to slow down my boat and I change my journey in order to let the cargo pass at the front of the bow. It was about 100 meters or less from my boat when it crossed me and even after their crossing they continued not to respond on the radio.

I was angry and anxious because my life was in danger. There was nobody in the cockpit and that explains why we see that many accidents on the water.

And they keep arriving and Public keep saluting then as if they were winners. Great spirit and a population that loves sailing.

L'arrivée de Mike Golding (2e partie) por VendeeGlobeTV

L'arrivée de Dominique Wavre (2ème partie) por VendeeGlobeTV

Even Bernard Stamm that was not racing anymore had a big welcome. Nice

L'arrivée de Bernard Stamm aux Sables d'Olonne... por VendeeGlobeTV
EricKLYC likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 02-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-09-2013

Bavaria cruiser 56

This one was also presented in Dusseldorf. I had not time to have a look at the inside but the hull looked good. Like the previous one, it is a Farr design.

If follows the recent tendency of a bigger freeboard to manage to have a cabin with a very moderate high, I mean over the deck because on the interior the height is just more than enough. The new Hanse works the same way and I have to say that in big boats like this one you don't feel the high freeboard and the boat looks much more elegant and less massif than the previous model.

On the cockpit the boat has some innovations, well not really new because they come from the Vision series, like the possibility to transform the cockpit in large beds (I like that).

I like also this boat being the only one in this class to have four winches in the cockpit, two for the main, two for the front sail.

The interior seems to follow the improvements in quality and design that where first shown on the Vision series. This boat seems to be a big improvement regarding the previous model.

The Dingy garage does not make sense. Who wants a dingy garage that needs the dingy to be deflated?: Rolleyes:

Last edited by PCP; 02-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.