Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Salona 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDChopper View Post
Man you guys are killing me with all these Beautiful boats I could Never Ever have..
I won't look in here anymore
Ok, killing you softly with this boat

This one is also beautiful and as fast as the others, the interior is good (it can have 2 freezers), but not as well finished as the Nordic boats. The good news is : This is an affordable boat, slightly less than an Elan 350 and probably only a bit more than the First 35.

http://salonayachts1.mmksystems.com/...909_Salona.pdf

http://salonayachts1.mmksystems.com/...s/s34_vela.pdf

Description - Salona Yachts

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-07-2010

EVOSION is on a distinguished road
Evosion 34 comments

Hi there

Thanks for the fine words.
I would like to add a few comments / answers.

First of all, I had to change the name of the boat from Vivace to Evosion 34 - Vivace

The helmsman planks is made to make the reverse German sheet possible. Made from a desire to have a 2 meter wide and functional cockpit. Madres width.

Evosion One is a prototype and helmsman position should still be optimized.
There is a large refrigerator in the boat under the seat on the port side.

T-twist is designed to remove unwanted resistance in the sail. E-twist is very effective in some circumstances. Especially in light wind the boat leaves the slip much better through the water. At the same time makes the boat easier to steer as the sail does not stall through a wider track.

The interior is made of White oiled oak, and smoked oak on the floor. There is no laminate wood in the boat. This boat is first class handwork. Not a module build boat. All bulkheads is laminated to the hull, and all parts is glued together making a very stable and stiff construction.

Yes the entrance in the back is too small, but this is also changed.

If you have any further questions about the boat/sails, please ask.

Best regards
Lars From
EVOSION
Old 11-07-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Lars,

As I said above, your boat is about as perfect as I have seen for how I sail. Now if I could figure out how to afford one, and ship it to the left coast of NAmerica....

Thank you for the "where is" the fridge. That needs to be added to the description part of website, or I just plain did not see it! Altho for me, an Ice chest is just as good or better than an AC/DC option fridge. That could get a bit interesting with it in a seat, for draining of the water any how!

Paulo,
I was not trying to say that the Finn flyer/Finngulf were in the same league from a current design statement, other than they look similar in built quality look and feel.

Marty
Old 11-07-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
How good is that when the man comes on to answer and explain ?

Fabulous.

Thanks Lars.

Paulo,
Seems to me that Salona are really hitting the mark. To me they are a nice compromise between performance and cruising comfort.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Old 11-09-2010

bb74 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmus View Post
Paulo. Thanks for the reply and yes, I have read the thread in "Almost" its entirity, which, is the reason I felt the need to post as I did. Looking through the lists and photos of most of the boats mentioned I'd have to say that there are a huge amount of non sailing dreamers and/or marina dwellers posting. There are basically three types of sailor. The racer, The cruiser, AND, The Marina dweller. All three have specific needs when choosing a boat, but, when looking at interiors which will obviously become exagerated tumble dryers in anything above a force 4 I'll stick to my last post. Buy a caravan.
On another point. The POGO. Why on earth would someone want to cruise such a thing. Race, for sure because the need to be totally knackered after a race means that you've given it your best. To be totally knackered after a cruise seems to me to be either masochistic or simply plain stupid. OK, you'll get there faster,,, but it'll take you twice as long to recover from the effort. Personally, I'd rather enjoy all of it. Life isn't all about adrenalin or hot tubs in the forepeak. Sometimes a seakindly hull and the basics are all it takes.
PS. your drawing reminds me very much of a Harrison Butler. Lovely boats
So you like traditional, easy motion boats.... No need to get on Paulo's case about sharing all the boat designs he's seen and inferring they are for the rat pack of swabbies unworthy of understanding "what sailing is all about"...

To each his own. Having sailed both "old shoes" and modern desings for extended periods (Grand Suprise, Pogo 850, First 31.7, A35, J109, and skiff on Open 5.70/5.00 etc) I don't see the downside of these rides beyond amenities and woodgrain...
Old 11-09-2010

Hollymari is on a distinguished road
I know my reply is probably WAY LATE and already covered but...

Hey so - I was looking over the photos of these babies and WOW - they look amazing! I'm lazy so - what are these babies going for USED? I know I couldn't possibly afford a new one...

HollyMari A.
Old 11-12-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
Arcona 410

I was waiting for this boat...I waited so much that I have not money to buy it anymore

This is probably the boat that I would buy if I had the money for it. It is more expensive than the Dufour 40e, Elan 410 and Salona 41, but the quality of the interior is different (very good) and its price is not so "impossible" as the one from the Finngulf 41, or the Sweden 42.

It is probably almost as fast as the Salona 41 and the difference would not be important for me (I am not a racer). This boat, like the Salona has the keel and shrouds efforts distributed through a steel frame, and that's an important safety factor for me.

I like the Arcona 40 (the actual model), but its stern was not yet a very modern one, and I mean in what concerns the shape of the hull. The new 430 has a more modern hull and the 410 seems perfect.

I also like the combination of traditional looks with top performance and top modern design in what regards hull shape, Keel and rigs.

The designer says about it:

"10 years ago presented Arcona 400 - my goal then was to design the perfect combination of cruiser and racer - both for coastal as of the ocean. 10 years, 160 boats made, and countless subsequent rankings speak for themselves, Arcona 400 was the design that many consider to be the forerunner in the class.
The trend has since moved with incredible speed, measurement rules ... stimulates now boats with high stiffness and larger sail area ..
My mission and goal is to create ..a modern and easy to handle 40-foot winner - a winner for the family who want to sail and an obvious winner in the results.
The Arcona 410 will be easy, stable and provide a sailing experience far beyond the ordinary.
The hull is a direct evolution of the series that began with the Arcona 400 which is continuously refined until the latest model... the 410 is and will be a direct development of this hull form.

The hull, deck and inner liner will be produced by the infusion method which ensures optimized weight and quality.
Arcona 410 will have a sail plan with non-overlapping jib and one, relatively speaking, somewhat larger mainsail than previous models...

Stefan Qviberg
Naval Architect
Všstervik in October 2010

http://www.arconayachts.se/_cur/nyhe...pec_101108.pdf
http://www.arconayachts.se/_cur/nyhe...101114_web.pdf

What do you think of this one? Too classical? Or do you have, like me, a soft spot for classical designs?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2010

nemier is on a distinguished road
It's a beautiful boat Paulo, I love it.
Old 11-12-2010
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Clever..the saillocker forward is a good use of space and it pushes the V berth aft, creating a lot more foot room for a couple. One of my main beefs lately is the V berths pushed so far forward that they come to an actual V at the foot.

The rest is traditional but no less functional.. has one been built yet? I wonder if they're available without teak decking..

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 11-12-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Faster,

One thing I have noticed about sales info, is European designed boats seem to show them with teak decks, where as N American builders show them with out! It could be that Europeans prefer boats with teak, vs us with out too! Also since many race IRC, wt is taken into the ratings, vs here with PHRF, the teak decks would not get taken in to account.

I too prefer with out the teak decks, but, if someone wants them, whom am I to say that is the wrong item for their boat!

Marty