Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Here you go!
new 64' boat announced......no info as to what how where etc...........

"Exciting news just in for those who find the Jeanneau Yacht 57 a bit too small. A Jeanneau Yacht 64 should be available in 2014.

This will be the largest monohull sailing yacht that Jeanneau have produced, but coincidently comes 20 years after a prototype Bruce Farr designed Sun 63 that did not regrettably make it into series production."

Oh, no need to hit the link eh!

Marty
Old 07-11-2013
John

ImASonOfaSailor is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via MSN to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Yahoo to ImASonOfaSailor Send a message via Skype™ to ImASonOfaSailor

I dont understand Monohull thinking, Monohulls are very nice to look at traditional sailing, slow sailing contained to a cockpit or the lifeline! Once it starts healing Yeahh your having fun going slow Sideways healed over with a trick to get inside if you need a drink!

A catamaran is not hard to sail at all i dont know why people say this! I use to sail monos now i am a catamaran lover! I can get places quicker, i do not need whitecaps to have a fast sail! When the winds pick up i can go faster and safe and drink and eat in 25 plus winds! you can always find a used boat yes buying new is alot of dollar but if you have it i would buy a Catana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9aDjJR0sQ

The Outremer is another awesome boat i prefer Dagger boards the boat points better and you can pull them up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmYoP1Aq4lw

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"""Here's a toast to you on the coast and the sailors out at sea Drink your ales, hoist your sails Ride the windssssssssss and think of me,,,,,,,,,, 'cause Oh I wish I was there tonight"""
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-12-2013

opc11 is on a distinguished road
Re: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I have been told that my boat is strong but without prove I abstained myself about commenting on that. Well, today I had the prove that I would preferred not to have: I was rammed full speed astern at almost the middle of the boat by a 50 ton wooden motorboat .

That was frightening, the motorboat had a malfunction on the commands and just keep coming astern till hit my anchored boat. These professionals with big motorboats like to show off using big power to turn the boat around and the result was full speed astern. the boat should be doing more than 6K when it hit my poor boat.

To aggravate the situation the impact was not with the motorboat hull but with the steel structure of the swinging platform (much more narrow). The result was just some deep scratch on the gelcoat and I would not be surprised if some delamination would have happened (even if not visible) since all impact was on the cored hull zone and very localized.

The impact was just huge and the British skipper of the near by old Camper and Nicholson could not believe the boat was not holed.

The interior wood work is all good. I have to take it apart to see if the fiberglass is okay. Never saw anything like this and it had just to happen to me.

Now, that is bad luck

By the way, it happened on the Vulcano Island near Messina straight.
Paulo,

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. ....but quite glad to hear you stayed afloat!

I wish your Comet a quick recovery.

Regards,
paul
Old 07-12-2013

opc11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASonOfaSailor View Post
I dont understand Monohull thinking, Monohulls are very nice to look at traditional sailing, slow sailing contained to a cockpit or the lifeline! Once it starts healing Yeahh your having fun going slow Sideways healed over with a trick to get inside if you need a drink!

A catamaran is not hard to sail at all i dont know why people say this! I use to sail monos now i am a catamaran lover! I can get places quicker, i do not need whitecaps to have a fast sail! When the winds pick up i can go faster and safe and drink and eat in 25 plus winds! you can always find a used boat yes buying new is alot of dollar but if you have it i would buy a Catana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY9aDjJR0sQ

The Outremer is another awesome boat i prefer Dagger boards the boat points better and you can pull them up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmYoP1Aq4lw
sounds like you need a better cup holder for monohull sailing. :-)
Old 07-12-2013

Paulo, Had not read about the rear end hit of your boat. I was with some folks a week or so ago with a Jeanneau 44DS, the day after our club left a cruise weekend, some went for a week up in the San Juans. This boat was hit, also in the transom by a 50' MV that going full astern or something of that nature. Apparently some pretty good damage to the transom. They are trying to figure out of the boat is safe to bring back to the US from Canada to get repaired, or if it will be a wreck! Not something I enjoyed hearing the other day. As this couple has only had the boat since march or so. It is a brand new 2013!

Marty
Old 07-13-2013
tato@fotocontato

Renato is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Renato

Hello ImASonOfaSailor,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASonOfaSailor View Post
During long journeys in monohulls I found that after a while I was tired of
  • getting in and out of a steep and deep companionway
  • going around the boat to attend cable jams or reef sails
  • fix things in the galley while underway

I'd try to avoid this "design features" in my chosen boat

Quote:
[disclaimer]I am yet to face rough weather aboard a large catamaran[/disclaimer]
As far as I've seem I cannot agree more, they are not difficult to sail. You'll loose some helm feedback and will have to adapt yourself to this side effect.

Quote:
The outremer also has daggerboards, but I think that they've changed a little bit the original concept (Gerard Danson's design). The 5X, showed in the video you posted, features a lot of "extras" and I just think that electricity and salt water doesn't go along very well. I'd try to keep them to a minimum for a cruiser boat. But Ä220+ for a 10 years old 45' with such a spartan interior is a LOT of money IMHO. Anyway I'll keep them in sight should an opportunity arises.

Thanks for sharing your opinion
Renato
Old 07-15-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by opc11 View Post
Paulo,

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune. ....but quite glad to hear you stayed afloat!

I wish your Comet a quick recovery.

Regards,
paul
Hi Paul,

It seems that it was more my ego, the boat has just some scratches and I sail on...still looking for restitution

After that I sailed on and got a force 7, pulling the dinghy and all and the boat is just fine.

Thanks for your concern,

Have nice winds,

Paulo
opc11 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-16-2013

outbound is on a distinguished road

Good for you. An true endorsement of your vessel.
Old 07-17-2013

http://www.sea-ventures.co.uk/images...2013-16429.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...42451472_n.jpg

two photos of the jeanneau 64 which is to be a Briand design.

Marty
Old 07-17-2013

Kubota is on a distinguished road

Looks like Bordeaux 60...

Noone noticed new Hanse 505?