Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Italy

Some news about Italy:

First, their Weather report, continuously on channel 68 is a joke. Till now they did not get one right and i am sailing here for more than 15 days. Today they forecast Nw 4. It was Se 3. That has been like that all the time.

Another news, at least for me, Italians don't cruise, just stay in the marinas. Yesterday in Siracusa, lovely town and great anchorage, there were 14 boats and I was the only "Italian", at least in what regards the flag.

and the marinas are not cheap. In Marina del'Etna they wanted me to pay 115 euros for a night(I needed water and fuel) only when I said I was going to sail away they let me stay for free on the fuel ponnton that was where i was in the first place, because the marina was full

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-18-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubota View Post
Looks like Bordeaux 60.........
Quote from the headmaster at the jeanneau owners forum in the thread regarding the JY64..........

"Just confirmed is that the first all new Philippe Briand designed Jeanneau Yacht 64 will be produced by April 2014 with sea trials during the summer. The image of the model gives some design clues, but emphasis will be on creating a versatile mini super yacht at a highly competitive price. A vast cockpit area, no less than 40% of overall deck space, will look after the guests, plus there will be spacious dedicated skipper and crew quarters, which no doubt will result in many JY64 going into the luxury charter market. Philippe Briand has a long and successful association with Jeanneau and Groupe Beneteau and this design will neatly fit into his elegant designs for the sister yachts – CNB 76, Bordeaux 60 and Jeanneau Yacht 57. More at: Cnb 76 : Production : Yachts : Philippe Briand : Yacht Design

So yes, it does look like the Bordeaux 60, and takes some of the design ques from it!

Marty
Old 07-24-2013
Splashed

JomsViking is on a distinguished road

On the Water summer 2014: Forside

In Danish, but have a look at the Pictures (Billeder) or use a translator

Pi14 - ny moderne båd i kulfiber bygges i København - YouTube
PCP likes this.
Old 07-24-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Very interesting. By the time I was done watching the video I think I was understanding Danish.
JomsViking likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 07-24-2013
Splashed

JomsViking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Very interesting. By the time I was done watching the video I think I was understanding Danish.
Tillykke!

Here's a Picture of the 14x3.3 m hull weighing in at about 500 Kg

Last edited by JomsViking; 07-24-2013 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added image
Old 07-25-2013

JAndersB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi Axel,
Yes, the general opinion is that the Alizé Opium had good quality but that Wauquiez Opium has a better quality (hull and interior). The Wauquiez interior is nicer and better, the keel position (or the bulb?) was slightly modified by the boat designer (a bit aft if I remember correctly) and the new Opium has a nice integrated bowsprit.

Maybe Anders can say more about it

Regards

Paulo
Hi everybody,
Have not followed this thread now for several hundred pages so time to catch up from the cockpit of the opium. Regarding build quality difference between Alizee and Wauquiez I can not tell, but my experience of the Wauquiez is good. It had had these minor things that all new boats have but besides that we are very happy with the boat. Currently in Aarhus in Denmark enyoing a fantastic summer.

Only drawback here is the width of the boat compered with box sizes in danish harbors. During a summer like this no problem, we are at anchor all the time but extended sailing season with smaller family in the future might motivate a switch to something smaller.

Regards,
Anders
PCP likes this.
Old 07-26-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Perhaps you missed it on the other forum:
My 63' FRANCIS LEE, the "sliver" project was moved from the shed yesterday to the yard where it will be finished. Beam is 9.81 feet. My client has previously owned a Swede 55 and a 30 square meter. He likes narow boats. The hull is red cedar strip planking and the deck is composite glass and foam. The entire interior is CNC cut and foam cored It was built intact out of the boat and then dropped into the shell in one pice. The fit was perfect. Draft is 10 fet with a welded steel fin and a lead bulb. Total displacement will be 19,000 lbs. At this point in time we are spot on with our weights. Launch should be in two months.
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Sailboats-bp-62-sliver-sail-plan-2011-03-18-small.jpg   Interesting Sailboats-sliver-csr-1.jpg   Interesting Sailboats-sliver-csr-3.jpg   Interesting Sailboats-sliver-csr-4.jpg   Interesting Sailboats-sliver-csr-5.jpg  

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 07-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JomsViking View Post
On the Water summer 2014: Forside

In Danish, but have a look at the Pictures (Billeder) or use a translator

Pi14 - ny moderne båd i kulfiber bygges i København - YouTube
Looks nice and interesting.

Keep us posted about it please.

Regards

Paulo

Old 07-29-2013

Hi Guys,

Finaly in Greece, Gaios,a beautiful place and before in Corfu, on the deserted west shore, Liapades. Both highly recommended, specially the first one: Beautiful and the only boat in the anchorage.

Nice passage from Italy doing almost always over 8k, many times over 9...a bit too much for my wife...not the speed but the sea condition

Lots of nice boats around. Lots of beautiful Comets in Italy, specially big ones (mine is a small one). Look at this 52 and tell me if she isn't a beauty

Old 07-29-2013

Scilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polluce View Post
Dear paulo,

I've been reading this wonderful thread for so long, coz i love sea and boats even if i've nearly never been on one lol Hopefully I think i'll start a sailing school very soon

I'm really sorry about your accident in Vulcano. Meanwhile if you haven't ever visited Scilla at the north entering of the Messina Straight on the Calabrian side, well don't miss the chance
That's the place where i spend my holidays lol

I can't post link or images yet so just google images for "Scilla"

And possibly i'd suggest you to try "paccheri with swordfish and aubergines" in one of the pile-dwelling restaurants (directly accessible by sea) at "Chianalea" wich is the historical fishermen district where houses are built really on the sea (kind of Venice)

google images for "Scilla Chianalea risotoranti"

Hope u'll like it
Thanks for the tip. He liked Scilla, nice and not very expensive. The Anchorage has good holding but it is a bit uncomfortable (not a problem for us). On the other side it is rock and you have to pay for a buoy. I prefer to "eat" the buoy, I mean with the money

Did not have dinner there (bit rough the sea) but had a wonderful breakfast and nice shopping on the only market downtown (nice girl).

Some photos:

Regards

Paulo

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.