Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Boreal 44

Steve's new boat, Louise is on the water. Congratulations to him and his wife

Let's wait for some comments about the sea trials and how the boat compare with the old Mason in what regards sailing.

opc11 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 07-31-2013

Capado, the French Fox 10.20 is on US.

Let´s see the US by the eyes of some French cruisers. For the ones that are not much around Capado is a fast Fox 10.20 that is circumnavigating with a couple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2013

ORCi world championship 2013

Some great movies:

Old 07-31-2013

Rating systems

and a very interesting interview to a major yacht designer in what regards yacht racing: Ker

Old 07-31-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: Capado, the French Fox 10.20 is on US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Let´s see the US by the eyes of some French cruisers. For the ones that are not much around Capado is a fast Fox 10.20 that is circumnavigating with a couple.
I saw Capado out sailing in Newport Harbor 2-3 weeks ago, when I was racing my Laser at the Sail Newport Regatta. The Class 40 Gryphon Solo (Akilaria 2) was also out sailing that weekend. Lots of interesting boats to see in Newport.

Glad to have you posting again, Paulo!

Mr. P
Old 08-01-2013

Tour de France - Cammas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
I saw Capado out sailing in Newport Harbor 2-3 weeks ago, when I was racing my Laser at the Sail Newport Regatta. The Class 40 Gryphon Solo (Akilaria 2) was also out sailing that weekend. Lots of interesting boats to see in Newport.

Glad to have you posting again, Paulo!

Mr. P
I have free internet from the Café in front of the boat. I am at the quay in Preveza while my wife does the loundry. Nice place for provisions, water and diesel. The place only costs 12 euros and that includes water.

I remember you have talked here about the Tour de France (sailing), the French classic for crewed racing (same boat to all - M34). It is not expensive so everybody can race with equal opportunities to won. A dangerous race for top sailors that risk to be beaten by young guns.

Not the case with Franck Cammas. He raced...and won. Probably more difficult to win here than on the last Volvo

The man is just incredible, from the Volvo to the absolute sailing record around the world (already beaten) to winning solo sailing on the Route du Rhum, this guy is a legend and contrary to other sailing legends he is relatively young, most of the time younger than his crew.

To become the better and more versatile sailor of all times (solo and crewed race, monohulls and multihulls) I guess he has only to race and win a Vendee Globe. Who knows if it is on his mind?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 08-01-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2013

Cruisers

I have said that it is difficult to find in Italy Italians cruising, I mean out of the Marinas and I have to come to Greece to find some but surprisingly I meet two times an American cruising boat, a fast boat with a couple. First time in Cape Palimuro. I had sailed all night with strong wind and some rain and looked for shelter in the morning at Cabo Palimuro. Two hours later the come for shelter too.

Nice boat (a MacGregor) and nice way to cruise:

Some days later we shared again the same anvhorage in Siracusa (Sicily).

Somebody knows these guys? Maybe I meet them again in Greece.

Old 08-04-2013

Americas'cup

Whats up with the American version of the America's cup:

"The San Francisco Chronicle called the 34th America's Cup in the "worst possible stack overflow, since the Titanic has begun its journey across the North Atlantic." The "New York Times" sees "the most precious trophy of sailing on a glorified melee" reduced and describes it as "a through seventh event of missteps and disasters." The New Zealand Herald brings the reasons for the large cup-crisis to the point. "This event suffers from participants shortage partly due to the budget (100 million U.S. dollars are needed to be competitive), due to the economic downturn and the borderline high-tech nature of the boats. ....

The "Business Week" was the headline: "How Larry Ellison's America's Cup in his own party sabotaged". The Cup organizer with CEO Russell Coutts at the top had the city fathers of San Francisco, among other things advised sales of around one billion euros and the creation of thousands of new jobs. A dream that has long since become the face of demanding back just three challengers, the tragic bereavement, ghost race, lack of television and disappointed their fans paying to see a nightmare. Last sponsor Louis Vuitton has reduced its investment to three million U.S. dollars, because too few challengers were the risk too expensive challenge or wanted.

The "Süddeutsche Zeitung" calls the action "farce of San Francisco", the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" mockiert over the "Sailing without enemies", and the "Neue Zürcher Zeitung" writes: "From farce to fiasco". The list shocked and disappointed to predominantly negative reporting goes on for many pages.

Yacht.de

Is that bad?

What's the American perspective and interest regarding the cup? Television coverage? Public interest?
EricKLYC likes this.

Old 08-04-2013

Aureus yachts

The number of beautiful sailboats you can see on the med is incredible. Here rich men did not give up on sailing.Sailing gives status. We had already talked about Aureus yachts. Now that the first one is on the water, some more nice movies:

https://www.facebook.com/Aureus.Yachts

Fast cruising carbon sailing yacht Aureus XV - The Compact Maxi Yacht

Old 08-04-2013

xtreme series

From Porto, Portugal: beautiful images.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.