Not a Member? 

Like Tree1265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubota View Post
Thanks Paulo! I have to say, that I really like Varianta-it is a great concept, just a boat meant for sailing. It's a pity, that it didn't go that well with the 44...
I think they had rectified the errors with the 44, specially regarding the market it was pointed to. The 44 was meant basically a big inexpensive boat for club racing. The boat had a uncomfortable interior without a good galley and did not even had an anchor locker.

The 37 is meant as a basic cruising boat and has all that the 44 did not have (and should have) and a good list of options for more equipment. I believe it is going to be a sales success.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-23-2013

Traditional sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat View Post
I love the videos and the hot fast new boats. I cant find a hot new fast schooner, does anyone build schooners presently?
If you look well you will find all kinds of boats being built:

If that is your poison, have the money for it and like traditional boats you can order one of these and when you have it the water, invite me for a sail:

Regards

Paulo
Rhapsody-NS27 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2013

desert rat is on a distinguished road

Paulo
Those boats send shivers up and down my back. Buying one would put me in the boat bum catagory. Even at that I am tempted. Thinking 32 to 34 ft double ender. Schooners are an irrational desire. I have rationalized, more sail lower canter of effort, Ha Ha. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 10-24-2013

Dufour 500

Getting back to that Felci design with a nice barbecue (alright the rest is also well designed), some would say that it is a beautiful boat but not a great cruising boat. Some would think that a good cruising boat or a passagemaker has to be ugly or at least not as beautiful as a performance boat.

Well, one of the first Dufour 500 was sold to a Brazilian that picked up the boat in France and sailed it to Brazil. I would say that with moderately bad weather the boat seems very stable...and fast.

The boat has a good and nice cruising interior:

A very nice design. I hope it would help to get Dufour in its tracks again.

Old 10-24-2013

Giraglia yacht race 2013

Yes, it was three months ago that the big classic med race took place, this year better than ever with 230 sailingboats racing coming from 10 different countries, but I was cruising without internet and missed this one. I should not have missed it because it would put me happy: My boat (Comet 41s) made 2th and 3th in ORC (compensated time).

Line honors went to a big wally cento (beautiful performance cruiser), on compensated on IRC the winner was a XP44 that make an incredible race and on ORC the victory come to a X35 that made a non less magnificent one. As the X35 was only racing in ORC and the XP 44 was only racing in IRC I would say that we will never know who made the better race and that is STUPID!!!.

I will come to this later, for know some images about that old Med classic that has been raced since 1953. It starts in St Tropez, passes by the Giraglia Island and finishes in Genova (243 NM).

Don't miss this video, it is fantastic!!!

The winner in real time, the wally passing like a bullet a Grand Soleil 54:

And regarding amateurs, they come from far, even from Russia. A nice movie aboard a Russian First 40:

Last edited by PCP; 10-24-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-24-2013

Not bad for a "cheap" boat: 2012 Bavaria 36

This is a nostalgic post. This was my old boat, anyway I have found several interesting movies with the boat doing well (even with lousy sailors):

Last edited by PCP; 10-24-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-24-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

I did this schoon er a few years back. It combines a traditional look with a modern hull, and an all carbon rig. It's quite fast and has upset some people in San Francisco's schooner races. It has beaten some much bigger schooners. I think the boat may now be persona non grata at those races. Too bad. It's a kick in the pants to sail, very stiff and powerful, big spade rudder and steers like a dream.
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Sailboats-kakatan-profile-pic.jpg   Interesting Sailboats-jakatan-bow.jpg  

Bob's Blog ....

Please also visit my new web site
Old 10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
I did this schoon er a few years back. It combines a traditional look with a modern hull, and an all carbon rig. It's quite fast and has upset some people in San Francisco's schooner races. It has beaten some much bigger schooners. I think the boat may now be persona non grata at those races. Too bad. It's a kick in the pants to sail, very stiff and powerful, big spade rudder and steers like a dream.
Very nice boat Bob. If you can send me those pictures bigger by email. I would like to post them bigger. The boat deserves it. If you want send also more details I would like to make a post about that boat. It seems very interesting to me.

regards

Paulo

Old 10-24-2013
grumpy old man

Paulo:
I'm happy to do that. Can you open acad .dwg files? I could send you some drawings too.

Can you give me your email address by PM? Do I have it already?

Bob's Blog ....

Last edited by bobperry; 10-24-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2013
grumpy old man

Paulo:
Either I just sent two emails off to you with a bunch of info on the schooner or,,,,some other Paulo,,,somewhere,,,,is going to get two strange emails.

Let me know if you get the emails. I sent pics and drawings. Let me know if you want more.

Bob's Blog ....