Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013

robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Maestro 345 Mainpage

We talked about this beauty once. Mailed them but never got an answer. I do not know wether someone ever posted the pictures of the finished maestro? What do you think about its shorthanded capabilities?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-31-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Maestro 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Maestro 345 Mainpage

We talked about this beauty once. Mailed them but never got an answer. I do not know wether someone ever posted the pictures of the finished maestro? What do you think about its shorthanded capabilities?
Try again, they are still alive even if probably not well. Their European dealers don't mention their boats but they have been in August in a boat show in Finland with the "old" but nice 40ft. B«very classic and very opposed to the 345:

http://www.maestroboats.fi/Article_i..._6_2009_p1.jpg

Regarding the new and exiting 345, it is on the water but contrary of what would been to expect, no boat tests, no promotion...nothing. Very odd

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2013

In fact they ARE sailing shorthanded

Any picture of the interior?
Old 10-31-2013

JAndersB is on a distinguished road

I mentioned earlier that Search Magazine did a test of the Dragonfly 32 while we where test sailing the boat in august. Here is a link to the magazine. I have the test as pdf and will come back regarding what they say (it is in swedish). I and my wife are at the helm in the pic, sailing with full main and code-0. Gusting 10-11 m/s tws and we topped 17,9 knots.

Vi testar Dragonfly 32 Supreme i nästa nummer av Search...

Regards,
Anders
Old 10-31-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: 2013 Mini Transat Race

Well, the Race Committee has decided to abandon the Douarnenez-Sada leg of the race due to concerns about the weather. Competitors were advised to head for Gijon or the nearest Cantabrian port. The leaders in the Proto and Series class, will be arriving in Sada shortly, with Giancarlo Pedote (747) extending his lead over Gahinet to 13 miles, with fewer than 20 miles to go (indeed, he is probably already there).

I don't want to speculate about climate change, but this has certainly been one of the strangest weather patterns I've seen, and the photos of the Mini 6.50's at sea certainly confirm that conditions have been very tough, even though the wind strength has not been above 20 knots. Be sure to see the great shots of 747 blasting through the waves with double-reefed main, solent and screecher. Gives you an idea what a wet, rough ride it has been.

What they do next will be interesting. Presumably the boats will have to re-group somewhere, perhaps Sada, but does this mean that Craig Horsefield will be able to rejoin the race if he can fix his boat and truck it to the start? Will they move the start further south to A Coruna or Cascais? Will they wait in Sada for a better window? Who knows?

And, of course, what about the TJV, which is cued up and ready to go? A very interesting time to be following offshore racing. Unfortunately, most people in North America are oblivious to all of this. Pity.
Old 10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
I mentioned earlier that Search Magazine did a test of the Dragonfly 32 while we where test sailing the boat in august. Here is a link to the magazine. I have the test as pdf and will come back regarding what they say (it is in swedish). I and my wife are at the helm in the pic, sailing with full main and code-0. Gusting 10-11 m/s tws and we topped 17,9 knots.

Vi testar Dragonfly 32 Supreme i nästa nummer av Search...

Regards,
Anders
It seems that it is not with me. Your video is blocked due to lack of copyright on the music.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-31-2013

Re: 2013 Mini Transat Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelicano View Post
Well, the Race Committee has decided to abandon the Douarnenez-Sada leg of the race due to concerns about the weather. Competitors were advised to head for Gijon or the nearest Cantabrian port. The leaders in the Proto and Series class, will be arriving in Sada shortly, with Giancarlo Pedote (747) extending his lead over Gahinet to 13 miles, with fewer than 20 miles to go (indeed, he is probably already there).

I don't want to speculate about climate change, but this has certainly been one of the strangest weather patterns I've seen, and the photos of the Mini 6.50's at sea certainly confirm that conditions have been very tough, even though the wind strength has not been above 20 knots. Be sure to see the great shots of 747 blasting through the waves with double-reefed main, solent and screecher. Gives you an idea what a wet, rough ride it has been.

What they do next will be interesting. Presumably the boats will have to re-group somewhere, perhaps Sada, but does this mean that Craig Horsefield will be able to rejoin the race if he can fix his boat and truck it to the start? Will they move the start further south to A Coruna or Cascais? Will they wait in Sada for a better window? Who knows?

And, of course, what about the TJV, which is cued up and ready to go? A very interesting time to be following offshore racing. Unfortunately, most
people in North America are oblivious to all of this. Pity.
I did not post about it buy saw that those 24 hours till the bad weather had been shorted to 12 and thought that the slower boats would be in trouble.

But they could learn something with the motorsport world namely with the rallies : They could have determined that the six or so top protos and the first of the series were authorized to race to Sada, if they want and find suitable conditions (I think they all have time to make it to port safely). To any of those boats that chose not to race to Sada and to all the others that have to look for shelter in the Cantabria coast would be attributed the time of the last one to arrive to Sada.

Nothing new at least in Rallies and it would preserve the sportive truth.

Like that it is ridiculous. All those guys battling with upwind sailing for nothing? That's not right!!!

Regarding climate change last year we had practically no spring, on the Aegean everybody was commenting about the most windy summer in many years and some days ago UK has experienced the worst storm in 10 years

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 10-31-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2013

Elan 320

The Elan 310 was a favorite boat, good for cruising, good for club racing, good for short crew sailing. The 320 seems better: The same hull, what looks like a nicer interior, slightly lighter and with a bigger draft that certainly will improve the upwind performance. Now come with a two wheel set up. I don't see a tiller version and that's a shame. Maybe they will offer one in the future if the demand justifies it.

The boat is not on the same league as the A31 or the JPK 960 (neither in what regards price) but it will be a better cruiser boat, with a better interior and a good sailing performance. A very nice performance cruiser.

First presentation on the Hamburg boat show:

EricKLYC and MrPelicano like this.

Last edited by PCP; 10-31-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2013

"Eine Pinnensteuerung wie beim Vorgängermodell 310 bleibt weiterhin als Option erhältlich."

From the article in the german YACHT magazine. In english: Like with its predecessor a tiller steering is still available as an option...
Old 10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
"Eine Pinnensteuerung wie beim Vorgängermodell 310 bleibt weiterhin als Option erhältlich."

From the article in the german YACHT magazine. In english: Like with its predecessor a tiller steering is still available as an option...
I hope they are right, it would be the right choice for a more sportive sailing...but they say nothing about it on the Elan website nor on the boat file. Odd

http://www.elan-yachts.com/img/yacht...ss_release.pdf

Regards

Paulo