Like Tree1265Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

You may have created a monster!
AlaskaMC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-12-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
The Minis should start at 3pm but start ist postponed again. Next try is tomorrow at 9am...
Yee the mini are postponed bur the mini-mini sailed away: two possible conclusions: The race committee of the mini racers is too cautious or Norbert Sedlacek is really mad. Time will tell.

regards

Paulo

Old 11-12-2013

MrPelicano is on a distinguished road
Re: FIPOFIX the new mad idea from Norbert Sedlacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Norbert Sedlacek is a true sailor and also an adventurer. This is the adventurer part: For making publicity to a new material he is going (or trying) to circumnavigate the Atlantic in both directions (to america and back) on a kind of mini-mini, I mean if you think that a mini is a mini Open60, than this one is a mini-mini, do you get it. No? You will understand when you see the mini-mini:
D

FIPOFIX®-Positioning Technology - FIPOFIX® (EN)
Paulo - Actually, I think this Open 16 concept might be a stroke of genius from Sedlacek, if it performs as expected. There is a place in the market, I believe, for a true entry-level Open-class solo ocean racing design for those who want to get into the sport but don't have Mini 6.50 budgets.

As you suggest, however, the key question will be the cost. If I read the Fipofix web site correctly, the technology is supposed to yield stronger and lighter carbon layouts, and require thinner, lighter marine plywood sections, than conventional builds. I take it that also means the use of less resin in the process, which should reduce costs. If someone could do an Open 16 for around €25-30K + sails & electronics, I think you'd hit the sweet spot. Doing it as a single-sourced One Design, built at McConaghy, and shipped to Europe and the UK 4-to-a-container, you might just hit that target.

I'm definitely going to follow this project closely. Thanks very much for bringing it to our attention. Sedlacek departed last Sunday for NYC. If I'm not traveling when he finally arrives I will go down to see the boat.
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Bob.. please sort out a Photobuket acct... these images are too sublime for thumbnails!!

That is a very nice design, one that I would not mind to have (with a deep draft modern keel) if I had money for marinas and maintenance. Both are related more with boat size than with wet area. I like this kind of designs that mix classical forms with modern hulls. Of course this boat is for a client and he may just wanted the boat like this but regarding a more broad market this boats by modern standards lacks interior natural light and outside views, I men port hulls.

The port hulls could be dispensed to maintain the classic style but more interior light could be added without having any effect on the boat line, mainly zenithall light even if the cabin ports are really small too.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 11-12-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2013

Contest 42 CS

The very traditional and famous Dutch mark launched a new boat a 42ft boat.

The brand that is a competitor on the HR, Najad, Oyster and Amel market, I mean luxury blue water boats, has been concentrated (as the others) on the upper markets with bigger boats. A 42 is a kind of revisit to its origins and the boat is meant for other type of sailors: Those that are rich but not millionaires.

I had already talked about this Georg Nissen design and I have to say that the real thing looks a lot better than on the designs:

Very nice interior with plenty natural light.

The boat is light (11 000kg) it has an average beam for a modern cruiser (4.15m) it has a considerable draft (2.20m -1.80 in option) and a modern bulbed keel. For this type of boat it is going to be a fast boat. The hull looks very well designed.

This is a semi custom boat and it has a very nice particularity: It offers three different rigging options, including one for solo sailing.

Last edited by PCP; 11-12-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2013

Transat Jaques Fabre

Sensational the GDF Suez pit stop on Spain. It looked like a F1 pit stop The boat not Bolton stopped on the most favorable spot as the speed of the repair (on top of the mast) was fantastic. the boat remains well ahead on the 40class race.

Also an impressive pit stop from the leader of the M50 in Porto Santo. Yves lost the leadership for Le Roux but it is really close.

On the Open60 curiously Gabart did not manage to overtake Stamm. This one felling the pressure responded impressively overtaking Beyou. Marc continues leading and he is the one that has been faster on the last 24 hours followed by Stamm and Riou. But not on the last 2 hours where Stamm was the faster by a big difference to the leader (10.3K to 17.4K).

Right now Stamm is the fastest and he comes like a bullet over Marc and Riou. Fantastic race

A video with Safran and Marc on the leading boat. As usual it is impressive the speed (24K) and easiness ;: one at the tiller without much work and the other making a movie

Jour 5 - Safran IMOCA) - Transat Jacques Vabre... por TransatJacquesVabre

Transat Jacques Vabre 2013

Old 11-12-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Shitski!
I did it.
I'm a genious at this stuff. Amazing.
Does this work with other web sites?
Thanks Faster.
Da Nada! .. I believe it should work on other forums unless they don't allow links. Beautiful renderings!

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Old 11-12-2013

robelz is on a distinguished road

Maxi-trimaran Sodebo - Record du tour du monde en solitaire

Thomas Coville on SODEBO going for the round the world record...
PCP likes this.
Old 11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Maxi-trimaran Sodebo - Record du tour du monde en solitaire

Thomas Coville on SODEBO going for the round the world record...
Well, I'm glad that all this bizarre weather is going to benefit someone.
Old 11-12-2013

Re: Transat Jaques Fabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Sensational the GDF Suez pit stop on Spain. It looked like a F1 pit stop The boat not Bolton stopped on the most favorable spot as the speed of the repair (on top of the mast) was fantastic. the boat remains well ahead on the 40class race.

Also an impressive pit stop from the leader of the M50 in Porto Santo. Yves lost the leadership for Le Roux but it is really close.

On the Open60 curiously Gabart did not manage to overtake Stamm. This one felling the pressure responded impressively overtaking Beyou. Marc continues leading and he is the one that has been faster on the last 24 hours followed by Stamm and Riou. But not on the last 2 hours where Stamm was the faster by a big difference to the leader (10.3K to 17.4K).

Right now Stamm is the fastest and he comes like a bullet over Marc and Riou. Fantastic race

A video with Safran and Marc on the leading boat. As usual it is impressive the speed (24K) and easiness ;: one at the tiller without much work and the other making a movie
Both Stamm and Gabart are reeling in Riou and LeCam. Stamm is 11 miles back and Gabart only 29 miles. I predict it will be only a matter of time before we are back to the Macif vs. Cheminées Poujoulat battle. Appears that Stamm has recovered his health, while Macif is simply picking up where they left off before the Portugal pit stop.