Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1227Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Paulo:
I watched the video. I can see that when MAGNUM heels over that big, blunt bow is reduced greatly. It looks like a sweet ride.
Thanks for the education. Is Raison the only bathtub bow boat in this current race?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bobperry; 11-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-17-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough

Yes but it is not Raison that is sailing it but Pedote, the leader.

Yes I agree and also close to the wind with strong wind the minis with those fat transoms and big beam tend to nose dive while sailing while the Raison's design maintains a better position with all that buoyancy at the bow preventing it to go down.

Last edited by PCP; 11-17-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2013

Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

And Riou is at only half mile from Gabart. They can see each other

Transat Jacques Vabre 2013

all the others have lost some distance to this duo.

Here we can see some very wet images from Stamm's boat, Cheminees Poujoulat

Jour 11 - Cheminées Poujoulat (IMOCA) - Transat... por TransatJacquesVabre

and here Marc...is he overtaking a ship

Jour 11 - Safran (IMOCA) - Transat Jacques... por TransatJacquesVabre

On the Mini Transat big news:

Delesne at only 1.3Nm from Pedote and Benoit at 8.4nm. The ones that take care of the classifications believe that Pedote has made a tactical error with his lonely option course and in fact I cannot see any advantage and cannot understand what he wants to accomplish.

Sure he will have a slightly better wind angle but would that pay off? Maybe he knows that with that wind angle his bath tub bow boat will go on turbo mode and the difference in speed will be enough to give him a bigger difference in the end to the ones that chase him. Anyway it will be interesting to watch.

Cartographie | Mini Transat 2013 - Douarnenez / Lanzarote / Pointe-à-Pitre

Old 11-17-2013

Coville returned to Brest

Thomas interrupted his attempt on the circumnavigation solo absolute record. The point of fixation of one of the sails broke. He is going to repair and will leave again on the next meteo window.

Heavy Weather for Sodebo and his skipper Thomas... por TheSailingNewsTV

Old 11-18-2013

Transat Jaques Vabre - Mini Transat

The fight for the leadership on Open60 continue blazing hot with Riou and Gabart pratically sailing side by side. It seems that both skippers decided to settle it (at least for now) in pure speed and they follow exactly the same course. They see each other quite well, they are out of the doldrums and both making about 17K.

The next is Beyou but already at more than 50nm. All the others are also losing distance for the leading duo.

On Multi 50 Le Roux is ahead again, it seems that is boat is slightly faster then the one from Yves that follows him at 37nm in not agreeable conditions:

Jour 11 - Actual (Multi50) - Transat Jacques... por TransatJacquesVabre

On class 40 it seems that Richers it is not able to catch Rogues, that stays at about 50Nm and that the 3rd is not able to close on Riechers that has an advantage of 60nm.

The Spanish team that at the beginning of the course managed to be 2nd for a considerable time before being forced to stop in Spain for repairs continue its recovery and it i now 4th at few miles from the 3th. Great recovery. That's an all Spanish team including the designer, Marcelino Botin, that on his first attempt designing a 40class racer seems to have got it amazingly right, giving the big experience of other designers on this type of boat.

Transat Jacques Vabre 2013

Mini-transat:

Bad news for Vincent:

The skipper of Déphémérid'eux ran aground on the coast of Lanzarote at 5:40 (GMT +1). Vincent was under autopilot and fell asleep at the wrong moment. His trajectory shaved too close to the Island and his prototype went aground on the coast not far from Arrecife.

The skipper was very quickly supported by the Island's rescue services. He is under observation at the hospital, and all is well. However, the boat is very badly damaged.

another broken rudder:

Ludovic Méchin has meanwhile arrived in Rabat with a broken runner, a damaged rudder and a hole in the boat. He is assessing the repair time to see if can return to sea or not.

Regarding the race it seems to me that Pedote got it right and the guys that are managing the classification on the race map got it wrong

My respect for Pedote as a sailor has increased a lot. He has not only a hell of a boat as he is bright on the tactical decisions. Now it seems to me that probably the difference in speed is going to paid that longer detour. He is making 11.4K while the 2nd and 3rd are making about 9K. They give Benoit Marie as second at only 5.4K but I think they are wrong and that in fact the (corrected) distance is much bigger. I bet that in the end of the afternoon Pedote will be at 20nm and still in a better position to win more.

Old 11-18-2013

Kubota is on a distinguished road

You have recently posted about Viko 30s. I have seen this boat on a show this weekend, and didn't like it at all-cockpit is large, but uncomfortable, poorly finished, narrow interior, irregular step height in companionway... Nothing impressed me on the boat.

Rather than Viko I prefer Sedna 30 which I own, and which has been posted on this thread. The price is similar, build quality much better and I really enjoy its sailing performance-just an interesting sailboat My boat is a centerboarder with an outboard engine, so my minimal draft is around 50cm (needed here in Poland-we have some channels with minimum depth of 60cm) I can lay my mast horizontally without any help, to get under the bridge. They can be equipped with a fixed keel as well.

They also produce 26ft and the brand new 24ft.
Since I cannot post any links or photos, maybe someone could post some for others...
Shipyard's website is sednayachts .pl (without spaces)
Old 11-18-2013

robelz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubota View Post
You have recently posted about Viko 30s. I have seen this boat on a show this weekend, and didn't like it at all-cockpit is large, but uncomfortable, poorly finished, narrow interior, irregular step height in companionway... Nothing impressed me on the boat.

Rather than Viko I prefer Sedna 30 which I own, and which has been posted on this thread. The price is similar, build quality much better and I really enjoy its sailing performance-just an interesting sailboat My boat is a centerboarder with an outboard engine, so my minimal draft is around 50cm (needed here in Poland-we have some channels with minimum depth of 60cm) I can lay my mast horizontally without any help, to get under the bridge. They can be equipped with a fixed keel as well.

They also produce 26ft and the brand new 24ft.
Since I cannot post any links or photos, maybe someone could post some for others...
Shipyard's website is sednayachts .pl (without spaces)
Hey,

it is really goodlooking. I never heard of this. They also plan to build a 40footer: Sedna 40

Greets to poland, love your country!
Old 11-18-2013

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one! But it is still under construction unfortunately...
Old 11-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post

Greets to poland, love your country!
Thank you!
Old 11-18-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough

Very interesting. Very Euro.

Bob's Blog ....