Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2014

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vismara yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt vimes View Post
i hope you have not mentioned it, but ..have some very nice boats - like this 47 fast cruiser... and it is relatively light too with only 10.25 t..although the interior looks a little sterile to me...
Yes, Vismara has some great yachts. We talked about the little one the 34 and I think I had posted something about the bigger ones. The big one is the 80ft, already with some years:

the other recent boats are a 50 Hybrid:

and the V47 that you posted that is a very beautiful and fast boat:

But I confess the one I like more is the little 34Ds with his inverted bow and aggressive look:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-28-2014

Re: 52 Super series Key West regatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by olianta View Post
It's an amazing this video. I am not sure whether I got properly what happened so correct me if I am wrong since I have no idea about racing. The guys were doing fine down wind with the gennaker, the helmsman doing the steering and the main sheet traveller, the next two guys forward were handling the gennaker sheet and the forth guy in the front was navigating and may be in charge of the vang sheet. At one point they sheeted hard on the wind in order to avoid a boat in trouble and this turned to a broach where they heeled excessively, sunk the leeward rail and blew the gennaker in the water. It took wuite a time to resume trim but not sure whether everything was finally OK. Do I miss something?
Regards
Rumen
Edward is right. They had to change course to avoid a boat, they went to high...and lost control.

Please when you quote don't quote the videos or the photos. I have some problems with the available band in this thread

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-28-2014

Azuree 46 and Dusselforf boat show.

We have already looked here at the Azuree 46. The boat is beautiful, has great dimensions that make it not only fast as seaworthy but sometimes you get disappointed when you see the real thing. Photos can be misleading...but not on this case. The boat has a good quality interior, not top but with a similar quality of Dehler or Dufour and a great design. It fells great inside, cozy and with lots of space. We even forget that we are inside a performance cruiser. Great boat, great design.

and I have a big new about Azuree: They have also a 40 with just some few years, one that I like the program but not much the design neither the reserve stability. I am a bit picky about that in what regards a cruising boat. A pity because the boat is a sort of a Pogo 12.50 with a good interior, not so light not so fast but fast enough for me taking into account the interior comfort.

Well the big new is that they are not stupid they and have eyes and good taste. They are going to ditch the boat out and asked Humphreys (the designer of the 46 and Elan 400) to design them a brand new 40 along the same principle: Light, based on a 40class hull and with a good and comfortable interior. Given what he accomplished on the 46 I cannot wait to see the result.

If you are in the market for a brand new 40 performance cruiser and like boats based on Open boats, fast and with a comfortable interior, I would wait some months to see what is going to come out from Humphreys hands. Azuree have one of the best quality/price relation on the market and the Azuree 46 is beautiful, so....
EricKLYC likes this.

Last edited by PCP; 01-28-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2014

250 000 at Dusseldorf boat show.

Well, I was one of them but even so 249 999 is a lot of people or should I say sailors? They have about half sail boats half motor boats but the people on the sailboat pavilions is much more than in any other sector, so I am pretty sure that the majority are sailors.

They come from all over Europe and even Russia (saw several). Meet a nice couple with an Halberg Rassy looking for something faster. They had come from England just to visit a Dufour 410. It is really impressive the quantity of foreign languages you can hear. Meet some Portuguese too.

Old 01-29-2014

capt vimes is on a distinguished road
Re: Vismara yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
the other recent boats are a 50 Hybrid:

But I confess the one I like more is the little 34Ds with his inverted bow and aggressive look:
i personally do not like the 34 DS that much, but the hybrid 50 the more...
a very unusual design with this big stateroom aft and thus no real cockpit... she has an induction stove instead of the propane burners...
i really do not know if i could appreciate her interior though... and the mast rolling main...
i stumbled across vismara by sheer accident - they are way out of my budget, although the boats are beautiful and very performance oriented... very light with in most cases excessive draft.
Old 01-29-2014

olianta is on a distinguished road
Re: 52 Super series Key West regatta

Quote:
Edward is right. They had to change course to avoid a boat, they went to high...and lost control.
Paulo
That's what I said.

"Please when you quote don't quote the videos or the photos. I have some problems with the available band in this thread"
Paulo

Sorry,
I will correct that.
Old 01-29-2014

Re: Vismara yachts

Quote:
Yes, Vismara has some great yachts. We talked about the little one the 34 ......
Regards
Paulo
In the brokerage section of their site there is lone 34 named Asell, lying in Pisa and priced at Ä60000. The boat is 10 years old and has been participating in many races, probably abused a lot.

Regards
Rumen
Old 01-29-2014

robelz is on a distinguished road
Re: 250 000 at Dusseldorf boat show.

Quote:
Well, I was one of them but even so 249 999 is a lot of people or should I say sailors? They have about half sail boats half motor boats but the people on the sailboat pavilions is much more than in any other sector, so I am pretty sure that the majority are sailors.

They come from all over Europe and even Russia (saw several). Meet a nice couple with an Halberg Rassy looking for something faster. They had come from England just to visit a Dufour 410. It is really impressive the quantity of foreign languages you can hear. Meet some Portuguese too.
I only met people discussing why a First 35 is more expensive than an Oceanis 34 even if the Oceanis has a much better interior...
Old 01-29-2014

Re: 250 000 at Dusseldorf boat show.

Quote:
Meet a nice couple with an Halberg Rassy looking for something faster. They had come from England just to visit a Dufour 410
I can't believe why one is going to downgrade from Halberg Rassy to Dufour. There are fast boats in the same quality league of Halberg Rassy.

Regards
Rumen
Old 01-29-2014

Why performance boats are ex+ensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
I only met people discussing why a First 35 is more expensive than an Oceanis 34 even if the Oceanis has a much better interior...
Yes, many years ago that made me confusion too. In fact it takes some knowledge to know that a better interior is much more cheap to build than to buy bigger and more winches, bigger and better mast, bigger and better sails and all quality rigging that is needed on a performance boat. Performance boats have also a superior stability and are normally narrower and that means a bigger B/D ratio and a stronger hull and structure to take the efforts.

All this put together is what explains why a First 35 (a great boat) is substantially more expensive than an Oceanis 34. The Oceanis 34 is built to have a nice interior and be an inexpensive sailboat that sails well. The first 35 is built to be as inexpensive as possible, having a good cruising interior and to sail very well.

The difference between to sail well and to sail very well is always a expensive one and the difference between sailing very well and sailing outstandingly well is even more expensive

Regards

Paulo
EricKLYC likes this.