1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6111 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: Sailjet 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W View Post
Hey guys,

After seeing this video, made by my swedish fellas at Hamnen.se, all Bavarias in the world just seem a bit dull...

https://hamnenplay.solidtango.com/vi...905-sailjet-40

Best regards,
Mr W
Now I understand why they designed the hull that way on the new Hunter 40...they just forget to put the big engine in

That seems to have a good performance downwind and a weak one upwind. I will stay with a same sized Bavaria (if I could not have nothing faster). Even much more heavier the Bavaria will be faster sailing (except downwind) and I just don't have the money for the Gasoline. Fact is the I am always looking for the more efficient RPM to have the better performance wasting less.

But that is just me and I sail thousands of miles for season. That super Mac can be the right answer for someone that just sails at weekends, or likes to motor a lot and have the money for it (a tank with 500L says it all).

I fully agree that if you motor, the faster the better (if money is not a problem) and faster than that on a "sailboat" is hard to do. Good looking too:

Sailjet

Thanks for posting, certainly an interesting boat in its way.

Regards

Paulo
Mr W likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-11-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6112 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Mojito 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
Yes, that looks perfect and I can see the effect that panoramic view will have on the impression of interior space. Just great, I agree:

and since we talk about Malango, a video with a 1045 making a delivery trip in last November with winds from 20 to 40K. They say the boat was always controllable, the never put the spy up and even so the average speed was between 8 and 12 K surfing 14/16 with a point at 16.9K. 160.75 Nm in 19h00, at an average speed of 8.46K. Not bad for a 34ft boat not racing with sailors that didn't have experience with that boat on strong winds.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-11-2014 at 02:53 PM.
post #6113 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014

Re: Mojito 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Yes, that looks perfect and I can see the effect that panoramic view will have on the impression of interior space. Just great, I agree:
The other point is the possibility to have a look out under autopilot without going outside... Seems to be a new trend (have a look at the JPK 10.80's "side windows").
post #6114 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: Mojito 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
The other point is the possibility to have a look out under autopilot without going outside... Seems to be a new trend (have a look at the JPK 10.80's "side windows").
Yes certainly a tendency, more now than on the past but I would say that who started that a tendency in performance cruisers was RM and Marc Lombard. You can look forward on a RM even if the glass is not vertical (now it is even more inclined). That works even better with the normal small pitching movement of a sailboat.

Or maybe Finot on the Comet 11 a very advanced boat for 1977:

http://www.finot.com/bateaux/ancienb...met11_pres.htm
http://www.finot.com/bateaux/ancienb.../nautcadre.htm

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 02-11-2014 at 08:55 PM.
post #6115 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014

Re: Comet 37 Cat

Quote:

Where the hell did you find that picture
There was more there?

It seems nicer than on the model I saw and certainly very nice for a 37ft cat.

Regards

Paulo
german Comet website!
post #6116 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Re: Comet 37 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMoll View Post
german Comet website!
That's odd. On the main Italian site they have nothing yet.

I like the boat on the home page of German Comet site

But I don't understand why they don't have there the photo with two wheels version instead

Regards

Paulo
Mr W likes this.

post #6117 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014

Re: Pelicano Missing In Action

Quote:
So good news. You have a ELan Dealer and a Salona dealer on the States.
I don't know if you had saw the recent posts about the Salona 33 and the Elan 320?

Here they are:

Interesting Sailboats

Interesting Sailboats

I would say that the Salona is a better regatta boat and the Elan a better solo one. Both has dealers in the US and the Salona 33 is going to be at the Miami boat show. If I was you I would say to both dealers that you are undecided between the two boats and that you are going to race the boat. A motivated dealer can really bring the prices down

Regards

Paulo
So glad to be catching up on this awesome thread. I'm actually in Delray beach for a bit, so I'm definitely hitting up the Miami boat show! Thanks for the heads up!!
post #6118 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014

Re: The Big RM

Quote:
Some more photos and information: what a boat
The interior layout is great including a big Dinghy garage and a frontal big sail locker. the boat will be very fast and light. the preliminary designs show two big water ballast (2T each) and a swing keel but all that can be still changed. As usual on RM, a Marc Lombard Design.
Paulo, I've been trying to pay attention to the location of the cockpit winches in the boats i'm most interested in. You don't see that many with the winches grouped so close to the helm as they are here. I like it from a solo'ing stance.

(anyone) I wonder if other companies are receptive to relocating winches similar to this? Are there any drawbacks to locating them in this way?

thanks,
post #6119 of 6763 Old 02-11-2014

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
This is a public forum. People can voice their opinions here. That's what makes it fun. Diversity! Everyone has a say. It's the way the internet works. It's not your private sand box. The last time I looked, you don't make the rules.

What makes it fun for me is the diversity. I like to hear a wide range of ideas and opinions. I certainly do not need anyone dictating to me who I should think. I watch sports programs on TV with the sound muted. I can see what is happening. I can figure it out for myself. I sure as hell don't need a TV guy who has never played professional sports in his life explaining to me what happened and just why it happened.

I read all the posts. Sometimes I choose to comment, sometimes I don't. Do you have a problem with that? I like this thread. It is informative. Show me the boats. I can form my own opinions.
I'm just catching up on posts, so I'm a bit behind. But I got to get this off my chest after reading the chines discussion....

I'm trying hard to stay out of this...Bob, I enjoyed your posts....but Bob, you're coming to a board that wouldn't be nearly as good (not even close) because of the knowledge, work and dedication that Paulo has put into it and basically krapping on his front door step. Yeah, it's a public forum, but you're detracting from it's value by "poking the lion" and it's detracting from the culture here. And it's a culture (i'm guessing) that many appreciate just the way it is/was.

Can you just give it a rest, remain constructive and stop antagonizing? I think many would and do appreciate the knowledge you bring as well. You're also a wealth of information and experience, but it's ok to politely disagree, even if someone is wrong (not saying anyone is right or wrong, just conveying it's sometimes best to just leave it alone for the benefit of the innocent bystanders).....because you're kind of in someone else's "house" if you know what I mean. Disagree without being disagreeable.

I appreciate your work especially as I learn more about it. Please take this to heart.
EricKLYC and MrPelicano like this.
post #6120 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Holy cow Paulo:
You are really spending way too much time and energy fighting me. I'm very flatterred.

But I have a suggestion that could be useful for you:
If you go to where you can edit your preferences for this forum there is a place where you can put people on "ignore". They have it on Sailing Anarchy too. I don't use it but some do. It works until someone quotes you. Then you can't block the quote. But for you it would serve to have my posts on ignore and you would not have to read them. This would be good for you too Eric. Better than pissing and moaning.

Because, I'm not going anywhere and I have no intention of "behaving". I never have.

Nothing short of pure arrogance. MAJOR BUMMER.

Bob, I had much more respect for you before tonight.
EricKLYC likes this.

Last edited by opc11; 02-12-2014 at 12:40 AM.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.