Interesting Sailboats - Page 614 - SailNet Community
 1269Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6131 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014

Re: Interesting Sailboats

Jörg Riechers: Das finale Mare Refit ? Mehr Volumen im Bug und 400 Kilo gespart | SegelReporter

News of the mare (IMOCA) refit: They put a lot more volume in the bow and reduced the total weight by 400kg. With modifications on the water ballast they want to save some more 200kgs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6132 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014

Maybe there can be a separate thread for interesting traditional boats? The boats on this thread are all super, but probably not attainable for the average person looking for a future somewhat affordable boat (which seems to be a popular entry question here).

1977 C&C 27 MKIII
Sea Mist
post #6133 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014
grumpy old man

C&C:
Yes, I think you are correct.
I have been hard at work this week on a major change, I see it as major to the new 62 Pacific Seacraft ketch.

For me it is an interesting project but I don't think it fits Paulo's definition of "interesting" and I respect that he sets the theme for the boats posted here. The PSC 62 would not be a good fit here. It's quite a traditional American approach to styling. Not "backwards". Not "behind the times" but certainly by design and client requirements, far from Euro.

So. as soon as we get the 3d model of the change finalized I'll probably start a different thread where diversity of design is presented and contrary opinions are not only allowed but encouraged.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
post #6134 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post

News of the mare (IMOCA) refit: They put a lot more volume in the bow and reduced the total weight by 400kg. With modifications on the water ballast they want to save some more 200kgs...
I am happy to see that they are trying to take the most of an older boat and I hope they can make it competitive face to the the last generation of racers even if I have doubts that is totally possible. We will see about that on the Barcelona world race and I wish the best for Riechers that is a great sailor and has a large future ahead. I have been following Riechers since the mini and always been impressed with his performance.

I still think that Riechers deserved a better boat and I am amazed he cannot find in Germany sponsorship that allows him that. Maybe if he can pull some good results with this old boat and with that he can find the money for a brand new one for the next Vendee. I really hope that

Regards

Paulo

post #6135 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Myopic vews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Paulo doesn't like rude but he is the master of snide and smarm.
I don't care for his myopic view of the world of yachts and yachting and his constant ignorant and stereotypical comments about the "US taste" in boats....
As usually unfounded and rude comments. That's what I was talking about: Who does not take the same view as you have on NA has a myopic view even if your view is one that has nothing of contemporary or as you have yourself stated, not cutting edge.

You know Bob, being polite has to do also with not expressing in words what we really think about someone else if that thought can be rude or disagreeable but as you insist in calling myopic to my view on Naval Yacht Architecture, for once I will be as rude as you and I will say that from my perspective your's is just outdated and not just by a small margin.

Of course I am not saying it is, just my opinion about it, like yours regarding mine: Myopic.

I would say that a myopic view should not attract such a number of good contributors to this thread or so many followers...but then maybe they are all myopic too, who knows

I wish you the best for your thread that I will follow with interest.

Regard

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 02-12-2014 at 12:48 PM.
post #6136 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014

Home | Fareast

A new 33 and a ne 36 CAT. The 36's hull looks nice, the rest is pure crap...
post #6137 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014

First time poster, long time lurker.

Paulo, please keep the high road and continue to unofficially moderate the best sailboat thread on the Internet. I get a lot more from this thread than any of the traditional magazines and their entirely predictable "reviews".

I feel like I am watching a train wreck in slow motion...
post #6138 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Fareast 36 cat

I like these Chinese boats and this ones are not just some European or American using China cheap work labor to make less expensive boats. No these are really Chinese boats and they are not outdated as one could suppose. The management by European perspective is made by kids: they are all very young, including the director that is a girl, and a very nice one

They made dinghies, wired a good NA firm, Simonis / Voogd, made a very interesting 26ft cruiser racer (just a couple of years ago) then last year an even more interesting cutting edge 31ft racer and now a very interesting weekender cat that I bet will be followed by a cruising one with more interior space and the same platform.

The boat is just beautiful and I bet that these kids in 10 years will be major players on the Yacht market.

(you can see posts both about the 26ft as the 31R on this thread, I have been following their work with interest).

Specifications :

LOA (hull length) 10.97 m
LWL (Waterline Length) 10.83 m
Beam 6.20 m
Draft 0.85 m
Weight 5.2 t
Sail area 71.0 sqm
Designer Simonis / Voogd

Last edited by PCP; 02-12-2014 at 02:05 PM.
post #6139 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyG View Post
First time poster, long time lurker.

Paulo, please keep the high road and continue to unofficially moderate the best sailboat thread on the Internet. I get a lot more from this thread than any of the traditional magazines and their entirely predictable "reviews".

I feel like I am watching a train wreck in slow motion...
Welcome to sailnet and to this thread too.

Thanks for the incentive and know that you are not a lurker anymore participate on the thread

Regards

Paulo

post #6140 of 6763 Old 02-12-2014 Thread Starter
PCP

Tjörn Runt 2013: The big movie

I have posted here about last edition of this great race on the North of Europe, posted some good movies too but this one is just awesome and a big one. Most of you, with the exception of Mr W and some Nordic followers, don't understand a word but images have no language as I believe you don't need words to see the shine on the eyes of that old sailor that in his old boat and with his old crew seems to be making a hell of a race and is certainly having a lot of fun. I bet he was feeling 30 years younger

I trully enjoyed this movie, I hope you too:

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.