Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailortjk1 View Post
See there, everybody thinks that Raised Saloons are a relatively new concept, but obviously its not. Cal was doing it back in the 70's.
Congratulations on your purchase.
Welcome to the thread Sailortjk1 .

It is quite the opposite. Today there are a lot less true raised Saloons (if we consider boats with less than 45ft) than there were in the 70's and 80's.

What is new is the performance of modern designed raised saloons, like the Southerly, new line of Nauticats, Nordship or Luffe, boats that have sailing performances that are similar to some cruiser racers from that era.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 01-26-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-26-2011

Guys, this is a long thread with lots of information about boats. To have that information readily available I am going to edit post one and join a list (that will be updated) with all the boats posted on this thread.

I will devide that boat list in the following categories:

Small cruisers (less than 35ft)

Cruisers between 35ft and 50ft

Small performance cruisers (less than 35ft)

Performance cruisers (between 35ft and 50ft)

Sailing boats over 50ft

Decksaloons and pilot house sailing boats

Racers

About the object of this thread I will remember that is:

Interesting sailboats in production and available on the new boat market (only boats with modern designs, meaning that the boats still in production but made with old designs are out).

Modern boat designs and modern one off, if interesting.

This does not mean that I do not find that there are not out there many interesting boats out of production, or older, but this thread is already big with just the new ones

It would be interesting if someone opened a thread about them, but I am not the right member to do that because I don't know much about older boats.

Of course, exceptions will be accepted particularly the ones that relate to the boats or old boats of the members that participate on this thread.

Everybody is welcomed to post on this thread boats that fit the defined criteria to be discussed. But use a site like Photobucket to post the photos to have them available to all (members and no members, logged or not logged).

Regards

Paulo
Old 01-26-2011
Top Sekret Ninja Sailor

slap is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
It has a very nice interior. I don't like that big pilot house. It was an add on or it was originally in the boat design?

Congratulations, a new boat always deserve congratulations and that one looks really cozy.

Regards

Paulo
This is a standard Cal 2-46:

Old 01-26-2011

teddier1 is on a distinguished road
The CAL had a complete re-fit in 1995 Pilot House was added along with an additional 3 ft to the stern. The boat is currently in transport from LA to Cleveland OH and should be here Monday. We will be taking her to Charleston SC to live on in 2012.
Old 01-26-2011
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Add sections for multihulls, Small Cruisers, Cruisers between 35-50', and over 50'

Quote:
Guys, this is a long thread with lots of information about boats. To have that information readily available I am going to edit post one and join a list (that will be updated) with all the boats posted on this thread.

Small cruisers (less than 35ft)

Cruisers between 35ft and 50ft

Small performance cruisers (less than 35ft)

Performance cruisers (between 35ft and 50ft)

Sailing boats over 50ft

Decksaloons and pilot house sailing boats

Racers

About the object of this thread I will remember that is:

Interesting sailboats in production and available on the new boat market (only boats with modern designs, meaning that the boats still in production but made with old designs are out).

Modern boat designs and modern one off, if interesting.

This does not mean that I do not find that there are not out there many interesting boats out of production, or older, but this thread is already big with just the new ones

It would be interesting if someone opened a thread about them, but I am not the right member to do that because I don't know much about older boats.

Of course, exceptions will be accepted particularly the ones that relate to the boats or old boats of the members that participate on this thread.

Everybody is welcomed to post on this thread boats that fit the defined criteria to be discussed. But use a site like Photobucket to post the photos to have them available to all (members and no members, logged or not logged).

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-26-2011

myocean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good idea!
One more useful criteria would be Lifting Keel / Swing Keel Boats.
Ulf
Old 01-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Add sections for multihulls, Small Cruisers, Cruisers between 35-50', and over 50'
I will add Multihulls. The others are covered. There will not be many boats over 50ft so I would join in that category all sailboats over 50ft with the exception of multihulls.

Regards

Paulo
Old 01-26-2011
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Paulo-- I meant that you should have small cruising multihulls <35' and cruising multihulls 35-50' and large multihulls >50'.... not just a single multihull category.

Quote:
I will add Multihulls. The others are covered. There will not be many boats over 50ft so I would join in that category all sailboats over 50ft with the exception of multihulls.

Regards

Paulo

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 01-26-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Enjoy the show Paulo. I broke the E350, So409 boty news to the local dealer, same dealer sells Jeanneau and Elan. They knew nothing! LOL.
The seattle show is going on now, I just need to show up and have a ticket to get in, not sure I will have time with my work schedule. I would like to paruse the SO 409 that is here. The E350 will not show up on this side of the pond unless someone orders one.

Marty
Old 01-26-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
It has a very nice interior. I don't like that big pilot house. It was an add on or it was originally in the boat design?

Congratulations, a new boat always deserves congratulations and that one looks really cozy.

Regards

Paulo
Sure does Paulo.

Nice interior. That is really lovely isn't it ? Beautiful work.

I'm with Paulo on the add on deckhouse though. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for those old Cals but the addition does nothing for the looks and I'd hate to see how she would behave if anchored in a big wind.

Teddier, I hope she brings you much pleasure.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.